I stumbled upon an article about Dani Johnson and the way she developed six different businesses from scratch (pretty much). Even though the way she names the laws is a little ridiculous, she got some points right.
Ironically, my favorite law is the one about "Desire" :
Johnson says desire always reveals design and destiny. Everyone was born with a design to succeed. You were born with everything in you. "You have enthusiasm, persistence, faith, adventurous spirit, and the gift to get over it," says Johnson. The only thing you're lacking is the skill to succeed. "That's the part you have to learn and invest in," she writes. You were designed with wealth in mind. Replace the poverty mentality with a whole new way of thinking. No amount of debt is too small to pay off. "If you invest your money is something that makes more money, you create wealth. If you spend that money, the money is gone. Your monthly income is supposed to grow something, just like seed. But most people live from paycheck to paycheck, which means they are eating all of their seed. They have nothing to plant and grow."
I've seen enough friends who forced themselves into a venture trying to be "the next XYZ" and ended up losing time and money, got depressed, and went back to a boring job with accumulated debt. Most of them even had good ideas to back a business. Even though she might look and talk like somewhat of an airhead, she still got some points right, and some peoples might want to learn a thing or two from her, be it to launch a start-up or to straighten one's personal finances.
Too bad the interview is from "The View" ...
Don't Miss This Awesome Related WSO Content
- Creating your on wealth
- The Woo Group RBC Wealth Management Hong Kong USA Kjøre for Barna for Ungdom Psykisk Helse
- Robert Abney & Associates Law Firm Memphis: The University of Memphis Law Review
- Is the law school situation really THAT bad?
- What's the best way to accumulate wealth?
- The Woo Group Review RBC Wealth Management Hong Kong USA: Santa er sjekke sin liste, men hvordan hans avgang plan?
- WSO comp for aspiring law professionals
- NYC Employment Law for Salespeople