I thought this might be helpful to all the high school students. Below is a general list (to my knowledge feel free to contribute people) of all the major feeder colleges for the BBs:
I tried to order them..
Generally from my knowledge the major feeders are the following: Ivys, MIT, Williams, Amherst, Swarthmore, NYU, Northwestern, Chicago, Duke, Stanford, and Berkeley.
Notice that cities will often come into play. If you goto a good school but away from a major city, its harder to get a BB job.
I hoped this helped. Please contribute to the list as I'm sure there are some (and possibly many) errors.
- Big Announcement: WSO Resume Template is Out in the Wild!: Mod Note (Andy): If you're looking for our resume for experienced IB professionals or a private equity resume template, click here.. For those of you looking to make sure your CV format is clean and make sure that your...
- So I was in business class on an transatlantic flight the other day and ended up sitting next to a F50 executive. He was surprisingly friendly and started up a conversation with me (we were both boozing pretty hard, as one tends to do in business class). It was a fascinating conversation - this...
- I'm 25, and I feel like I have hardly any money saved. I'm looking at going to b-school soon, and will definitely have to take out loans. I don't think that's surprising, but it just got me thinking about how much is normal to have accumulated at this point in my...
- In my early 20s, I really believed that in order to succeed all you need is work really hard. You gotta be gritty to succeed. You gotta put in long hours to be successful. You gotta be very good at technical things and establish yourself as a thought leader in particular domain. I don't...
- Ladies and Gentlemen, I know a whole lot of you are in NYC or cities where vehicle ownership doesn't make sense, but if somehow you do or for others in places where you have to own a car to get around... 1. What is your current ride and why? 2. What's your dream...
- Happy to answer any questions about how to decide if consulting is right for you, day in the life type questions, how to build a long term, fulfilling career in consulting, and if you are in consulting how to gain experiences without pigeon holing yourself, as well as build a case for promotion....
- First episode description: Chuck faces scrutiny within his office and from the Attorney General. Axe refortifies Axe Capital, and weighs his options for retaliation. The fund wrestles with a precarious economic landscape that threatens the very existence of Axe Cap. Wendy entertains an offer...
- I've enjoyed this forum, and i see lots of people without a clue asking questions about trading, so i thought i'd do an AMA... My path was non-standard, but i've seen others with a similar path to my own. My Path --> Non-Target state school --> Job in BB IT...
- Holy shit. I had no idea a few minor complaints about the gym would turn into my most popular post of all time. That's like if Drake were still best known for his role on Degrassi (should probably add "no homo" here, so...no homo). Since you monkeys latched onto that so...
- We are nearing that fateful time of year when numbers discussions take place. There are already a couple of these out there for IBD/S&T so let's round it out with ER. Let's keep this pretty simple and straightforward: Bank: BB/MM/EB/etc. Bonus: in USD. Also denote whether or...
- First time poster here. I have a family healthcare business in Asia. I'm thinking about doing something in the lines of healthcare PE or VC for the family business but also want to learn management...
- Hi, I'm a high school student, and I'm interested in finance and have been trying to learn about the subject. I would like to know what I can do to get into some target schools. I have an excellent...
- I am interviewing for an analyst role at a large regional bank. Right now I help an old banker close deals. He does the relationship stuff and I put models and presentations together. Deals range...
- Hello monkeys, any opinions/takeaways about investment banking in Asia? Here's what I have gathered from reading various threads on WSO: Hong Kong: Usually takes most of its analysts from top US/UK...
- I am currently a Masters in Finance Student at USC Marshall and am looking for jobs in Europe. My career paths of choice are investment baking or trading positions. I have some opportunities I am...
- Despite the prevalence of the phrase "no regrets," I'm sure everyone has one thing they wish they could change when looking back. Interesting question to learn from.
- Hey Monkeys Just moved to the Big Apple and looking for a spot to smoke a stogie and meet cool people. Been going to Casa de Montecristo's every Friday due to their awesome BYOB policy and bumping DJ...
- Hi everyone! I'm currently a sophomore at a target school with a 3.35 GPA looking to weigh my options this upcoming summer. My options this summer are to: 1) Keep my part-time job as an office...
- I feel like clubs are one of the best ways to make connections. You never know who you'll meet, and who that person ends up knowing. I've found out that it doesn't have to be business related either...
- Are you guys into martial arts? If yes, which one? I don't really have the time anymore but I loved it (Karate and Hapkido), great for keeping fit and less boring than just running and pumping iron....
- Hey everyone, looking for some quick career guidance from some AM professionals on the street. Currently (a URM) in undergrad semi/non-target in NYC, and as of now my goal is to end up at an...
- Hello, I recently reached out to a company regarding a summer internship and they got back to me for a phone interview. The company name is Pluris Valuation Advisors and they have offices in New York...
- I understand Colliers poached a sizeable team from JLL in an attempt to be competitive in NYC and grow the IS/D&E placement business. Anyone have firsthand insight/experience?
- I have been looking to contact people for entry level financial analyst jobs/internships through cold calling/emailing. I was wondering what techniques people here have. I have been finding out names...
- What's Lone Star's investment strategy/focus? Does it focus mostly on real estate assets, or does its scope cover distressed assets/situations generally? Given its size and track-record, there is...