I thought this might be helpful to all the high school students. Below is a general list (to my knowledge feel free to contribute people) of all the major feeder colleges for the BBs:
I tried to order them..
Generally from my knowledge the major feeders are the following: Ivys, MIT, Williams, Amherst, Swarthmore, NYU, Northwestern, Chicago, Duke, Stanford, and Berkeley.
Notice that cities will often come into play. If you goto a good school but away from a major city, its harder to get a BB job.
I hoped this helped. Please contribute to the list as I'm sure there are some (and possibly many) errors.
- <strong>Big Announcement: WSO Resume Template is Out in the Wild!</strong>: <em>Mod Note (Andy): If you're looking for our resume for experienced IB professionals or a <span class='keyword_link'><a...
- It's that time of year again, folks. Time to polish those resumes, fire up the LinkedIn and WSO search functions, and bug the hell out of the career advisers at your schools. It's recruiting time! We are all looking for information on timelines and deadlines for every bank...
- As we approach our 10 Year anniversary, I'd like to thank the thousands of members that have made WSO an incredible resource to millions of readers. The last 10 years have been an amazing ride and I can't wait to tackle the next 10! As part of our celebration, we thought a 10% site...
- Recently guys I have started a career in the construction industry as a project manager and cost estimator for a local company (boutique) and have seen the underlying similarities to the bankers of the financial world. It's also a career most finance and business guys haven't heard...
- This post is a follow-up to <a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/blog/stop-reading-the-news-thoughtlessly-and-develop-a-macro-framework">one of my earlier posts, ‘Stop reading the news thoughtlessly and develop a macro framework’</a> which had generated some interest...
- I thought I'd write a networking post from a different perspective. We often see advice on WSO from people who are undergrads or recent hires with advice on how to network into the industry (good fresh perspectives from people who have recently navigated "the system"). I wanted to...
- <em>Mod Note (Andy): Make sure to bookmark this page as this will be the cumulative thread for 2016 SA <span class='keyword_link'><a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/finance-dictionary/what-is-investment-banking-division-IBD">IBD</a></span>...
- Today is the big day we've been waiting for/dreading since early June, when we peeled out of the testing center parking lots, burned our books, and went off to get drunk with our long lost friends. Level I & II results will be released via email today after 9:00 A.M ET. Level III...
- Given that we have built up relationships with hundreds of companies and finance recruiters, we thought instead of just a simple job board (which you can find <a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/finance-jobs">right here</a>), we would also create a WSO Applicant...
- Stumbled across this Forbes article from 1999 (link at bottom of post). When reading the first few paragraphs, you could easily think it was written yesterday (aside from the salary #'s). Makes the dotcom bubble of yore feel eerily familiar.... [quote]" <strong>7/26/1999...
- "In life, the only real guarantee of survival is abundance." -- L. Ron Hubbard from Self Analysis For example, George needs $3000 per month to pay his bills and he EARNS that same amount from his...
- I've never actually had a chance to be in this much coveted position that we call "Summer Analyst", and probably won't at this point. I understand that the role of a summer analyst in ibanking...
- Hi everyone, I am currently interviewing for RBC Houston and will be having a super day next week. I have two years experience in investment management so I'm assuming this isn't an entry-level role...
- Thinking of picking up my first pair of ferragamo loafers and was wondering what you guys thought on these in brown?http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/salvatore-ferragamo-mu... or these is black?http://www1...
- I got a return offer from my summer internship. Does anyone know how to reach out to other banks for first-round interviews with an offer at hand? Thanks.
- Hey, guys. I am a pre-MBA student. I studied one corporate finance class in law school so my question may seem too plain and simple. I was reading the DCF and noted that the calculation of the...
- Thought some of you may enjoy reading this. For the last 1-2 years, I've been running an editing service as a side gig. I probably won't operate it for too much longer because my regular job takes...
- I'm a recent finance graduate from a Canadian University, and graduated this year (3.1/4.0 GPA). I'm currently working at a large investment management/custody bank in investment servicing for mutual...
- Please feel very to destroy my resume. I will be applying to FT roles in London. All feedback greatly appreciated.
- Hi, I wold like to move from a generalist M&A boutique into a firm focused on consumer and retail. Can you suggest me any publication , book, modeling course to gain the knowledge to get prepared...
- Hi I would like to know how the recruitment process is in AM for summer (I am interested in London) and what typical part of interns get a FT offer after the summer
- With networking for full-time investment banking positions well under way, I was hoping some of the more experienced monkeys out there might be able to offer some advice on how to best present...
- To anyone in need of an apartment / roommate, I've got a furnished bedroom in my apartment available. Shoot me a PM if interested. The Craigslist post below has the details.http://newyork....
- I thought I'd write a networking post from a different perspective. We often see advice on WSO from people who are undergrads or recent hires with advice on how to network into the industry (good...
- If working in commodities which is becoming streamlined and narrowed as a broker / trader, how valuable will the CFA be. Understand its v broad therefore it would provide an in depth financial...