I thought this might be helpful to all the high school students. Below is a general list (to my knowledge feel free to contribute people) of all the major feeder colleges for the BBs:
I tried to order them..
Generally from my knowledge the major feeders are the following: Ivys, MIT, Williams, Amherst, Swarthmore, NYU, Northwestern, Chicago, Duke, Stanford, and Berkeley.
Notice that cities will often come into play. If you goto a good school but away from a major city, its harder to get a BB job.
I hoped this helped. Please contribute to the list as I'm sure there are some (and possibly many) errors.
- Throughout my career I was constantly reminded of how little I knew. When I interviewed for the job at <span class='keyword_link'><a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/company/goldman-sachs" target="_blank">Goldman Sachs</a></span>, as...
- <em>Mod Note (Andy): #TBT Throwback Thursday - this was originally posted in 2006. To see all of our top content from the past, click <a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/highest-ranked-discussions">here.</a></em> So I'm new here and spent a good deal...
- <strong>Big Announcement: WSO Resume Template is Out in the Wild!</strong>: <em>Mod Note (Andy): If you're looking for our resume for experienced IB professionals or a <a...
- You can ask me anything. I know there are probably a lot of questions you wish you could ask your boss, but can't. I was at <span class='keyword_link'><a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/finance-dictionary/what-is-the-bulge-bracket-BB">bulge...
- <em>Post any questions you may have and I'll do my best to answer!</em> There doesn't seem to be much information on this website regarding this niche role so I'd like to just expand on this and hopefully future readers can gain insight on this function. I...
- Hello all, I was suddenly grabbed by an idea to write down the lessons I learned from the ten interviews across seven different positions and 6 different companies I attended in the past 2.5 months on the road to my first job out of university. I started brainstorming in rough chronological...
- Given that we have built up relationships with hundreds of companies and finance recruiters, we thought instead of just a simple job board (which you can find <a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/finance-jobs">right here</a>), we would also create a WSO Applicant...
- <p>I worked as a management consultant for 4 years.</p> <p>I learned a bunch of stuff about business and strategy and operations.</p> <p>I also learned how to sound smart about something I knew nothing about, and how to use jargon to make simple things sound...
- A week ago, I began my series of posts on the drug business, starting with <a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/divergence-in-the-drug-businesses-pharmaceuticals-and-biotechnology">my perspective on how the business is changing</a> and then moving on to post on...
- So, I know this doesn't go in here, but I know the Other Road won't get any views on this or very many, and its not exactly Sales and Trading. I've been working in a sales development role at a hot startup in the SaaS sphere. We are innovating and disrupting in our field, and...
- Hey fellow WSOers, Just like some other members on here, I am a rising junior who is currently looking for a summer internship. I am currently a Business Management major pursuing a certificate in...
- Hi guys, I recently got a summer internship offer from GS in the operations division. I have a question about their background check. In my resume, I listed my major GPA under "GPA:...", but not...
- Box Office Movie Platinum, Watch Creed Online Free Download Creed (2015) Movie Free Full HD Putlocker, Megashare, Viooz, etc. WATCH Creed Online Free Watch Creed Full movie 120mnt, without register...
- Bio: Liliana Nealon was born in Buenos Aires, Argentina. She emigrated to New York City, United States with her family at the age of thirteen. At a time when women had few opportunities in the...
- Hewlett Packard (HP) is no longer the same old company as we might remember it, well at least not all of it! After 76 years HP has put an end to an era where it was a single tech company and has...
- Imagine having the power to bring data to life. To take information and turn it into solutions that advance industries, power companies, and improve the lives of millions of consumers around the...
- The Intellectual Property Division of the Mossack Fonseca Group will take part in the first Blogger Influencer Week as a leading company promoting the importance of a blog's content registration and...
- Does anyone know of any roles at Two Sigma that are part of the investment engine but that do not require an extensive computer science background?
- Has anyone who had a superday for Winning Women in NYC for JPM GWM heard back yet?
- Hi Everyone, I'm currently working in accounting, but have been looking to go into Investment Banking now after realizing that my current field isn't for me and that the opportunities I'll get from...
- Has anyone heard back from the pre-recordsd video interviews they did for Goldman Sachs?
- I just started the first round of my finance development program; any career advice for someone starting their career? I would say I am book smart, but my communication, networking, and technical...
- Can someone please recommend me an article/publication that you think does a good job of outlining the long-term viability of sales jobs for non-quants in the future? With so much S&T being...
- So I am from a very non-targeted Southern school. I grew up in a small South Carolina town and I am the first in my family to get a degree from an accredited school. I didn't come from much money (my...