I thought this might be helpful to all the high school students. Below is a general list (to my knowledge feel free to contribute people) of all the major feeder colleges for the BBs:
I tried to order them..
Generally from my knowledge the major feeders are the following: Ivys, MIT, Williams, Amherst, Swarthmore, NYU, Northwestern, Chicago, Duke, Stanford, and Berkeley.
Notice that cities will often come into play. If you goto a good school but away from a major city, its harder to get a BB job.
I hoped this helped. Please contribute to the list as I'm sure there are some (and possibly many) errors.
- Big Announcement: WSO Resume Template is Out in the Wild!: Mod Note (Andy): If you're looking for our resume for experienced IB professionals or a private equity resume template, click here.. For those of you looking to make sure your CV format is clean and make sure that your...
- Given that we have built up relationships with hundreds of companies and finance recruiters, we thought instead of just a simple job board (which you can find right here), we would also create a WSO Applicant Database. This vision for the database is to allow all WSO users to create a...
- This is the first post in a series exploring technology, its impact on how we work, and the macroeconomic effects of the displacement it causes. I was at a tech conference earlier this year and ended up at a discussion about workforce automation. A guy from McKinsey gave a presentation where...
- People ask about the best real estate books to read on this forum almost daily and we're happy to toss Linneman and Bowman their way, as well as all of the terrific ULI books, but @Whats the Comp" today asked specifically about non-textbook reads and it got me thinking that we should...
- All, It has been awhile. I did an AMA quite a long time ago ("Ask me anything: Project Leader/Engagement Manager/Case Team Leader at MBB") and predictably, a lot has changed. I left McKinsey as an EM and am now happily employed at a larger/growing startup. So I thought I would...
- I'm a VP in MM PE, ask me anything. Interview prep questions, industry questions, etc. etc.
- Hey guys, Thought I'd start another thread for those of us APDs/ADCs (read: spent too many years in school) who are applying for full time positions either earlier this year in the Spring (BCG) or now during the Summer. Let's try to provide sufficient data so it's less...
- APPLICATIONS / INTERVIEWS / SUPERDAYS Goldman Sachs Morgan Stanley J.P. Morgan Bank of America ML Citigroup Barclays Credit Suisse Deutsche Bank UBS Wells Fargo Applications open: Lazard Lazard Middle...
- I'm back from Vegas in one piece, chumps. Thanks a lot for those sordid invitations in my inbox courtesy of your blackout selves. I think I met a couple of you, and I know for sure from the unspeakable smell of my clothes that I met some of your working female "friends." Extra...
- Monkeys, I wanted to have a discussion on this because I'm sure there are plenty out there who know more about this topic than I do (I'm betting @Eddie Braverman" has some thoughts), but I wonder if ACA is failing or if it can be saved. Most people know about UNH's...
- It's been several weeks now since I received my offer from a top MM PE firm. As several other users can attest to, the PE recruiting process can be an absolute grind. After having had some time to...
- I noticed that quite a few consulting presentation include somehow complex accounting/finance terminology. At the same time, consulting firms often hire lots of young people from unrelated majors and...
- The old guy here... A lot of people emailed me asking for life advice after I posted 15 career steps... Pull up your skirt and repeat diver John Chatterton's 8 "rules to live by." He wrote them after...
- Hi everybody - I would really appreciate any thoughts/advice/insights on this I'm currently working on a cover letter for a first year analyst role at a boutique IB, and I was wondering if it would...
- It's that wonderful time of year again. Where spend our Sunday's splitting our time between watching full grown men destroy their bodies for our entertainment and checking our phones for fantasy...
- Hi, I'm looking for some advice. I'm an engineering student looking to get into a pre-experience Masters in Finance in order to work in IB. I'm mostly looking at masters programs in the EU, because...
- I stumbled upon this web site while researching men's watches and figured I'd give it a whirl to see what advice/knowledge I could gain. I'd like to get my boyfriend a nice watch for Christmas. He's...
- I don't approve of this as an interview question, but it is something that everyone should try to think about. When I was an MBA candidate, it was more about just getting my foot in the door. I was...
- Hi all, I am looking to break into investment banking and coming from a non-target this is difficult. I'm thinking that relevant work experience, networking, and a top MBA would give me the best...
- I interned with a BB this Summer, not FO but have already sent out applications for IBD SA 2017 to anywhere that has been open. It now looks like I may receive an offer from a PE shop for this Fall...
- Anyone know of any resources/databases to prepare for an interview like this? I want practice for these sorts of things before it's too late
- Already ran through a search on some other posts in the past regarding this. But I haven't seen anything course specific. I'd like to get some more hands on knowledge taking a commercial project...
- Hey Everyone - I am new to this site and am seeking advice. I interned in a top bulge bracket for sophomore year and didn't get a return to come back for next year. I am trying to recruit again now...
- Rookie here. I'm preparing for recruiting this fall for a summer analyst spot in IBD. My school isn't necessarily a target, but we do have resume drops and OCR for BBs and some boutiques. My question...
- Hello, I am an undergraduate student who's trying to break into banking. I've been studying a lot of recommended items like BIWS, value investing, etc but I am having a hard time bringing it all...