I thought this might be helpful to all the high school students. Below is a general list (to my knowledge feel free to contribute people) of all the major feeder colleges for the BBs:
I tried to order them..
Generally from my knowledge the major feeders are the following: Ivys, MIT, Williams, Amherst, Swarthmore, NYU, Northwestern, Chicago, Duke, Stanford, and Berkeley.
Notice that cities will often come into play. If you goto a good school but away from a major city, its harder to get a BB job.
I hoped this helped. Please contribute to the list as I'm sure there are some (and possibly many) errors.
- Big Announcement: WSO Resume Template is Out in the Wild!: Mod Note (Andy): If you're looking for our resume for experienced IB professionals or a private equity resume template, click here.. For those of you looking to make sure your CV format is clean and make sure that your...
- Guys, This is a serious and sincere plea to any of you undergraduate kids who're using these silly titles on their LinkedIn profiles. Please for god's sake, take this out. It just looks stupid and wannabe-ish. I don't know who started doing this and where, but it's just...
- Since I became active in WSO several weeks ago, I've noticed a few threads on "I have this much money, what should I do with it?" And the amounts have ranged from $2,000 to $20mm, and to put it bluntly I'm tired of people giving stock tips to strangers when they have no...
- We are finally here! For those of you waiting on the WSO Hedge Fund Interview Guide, thank you for your patience -- it has been a long process to get to this stage. Unlike investment banking or private equity, the hedge fund universe is enormous, so we really had to spend a long time drafting...
- Given that we have built up relationships with hundreds of companies and finance recruiters, we thought instead of just a simple job board (which you can find right here), we would also create a WSO Applicant Database. This vision for the database is to allow all WSO users to create a...
- This is really excellent. Imagine having Bridgewater's Ray Dalio as your Econ 101 professor. Then imagine that the class was only 30 minutes long. I can't for the life of me understand why he made this (it seems to me that Bridgewater's clients should already know this stuff), but...
- I'm a lot older than most of you guys and while I never worked in FO IB or desired to do so, I don't understand the obsession and circle jerk of getting into IB. I genuinely believe this behavior is putting too much pressure on yourself and it DEFINITELY will show during an interview....
- Hey guys - I regretted posting this for a while but now that it is mid April, I figured the time has come. I am a first year Analyst at a Euro BB M&A group in NY and recently struck out at PE recruiting. I got a decent amount of interviews given that my group places pretty well each year,...
- I was fortunate enough to be accepted into HBS in Round 2 and will be heading there this Fall. I have never done an AMA on this site before and I feel that now might be a good time to do so. I hope that sharing my experience with the MBA application process might be somewhat useful to the WSO...
- Hello everyone, A few months ago I came to this board with a really tough dilemma and you guys helped me see it through. I now want to pay it forward as I know that people are getting increasingly interested in corporate development/ corporate finance. Here is my story: I studied at a...
- Though in recent years, many have highlighted the fact that the allure of investment banking has significantly dimmed given the multitude of undergrads wanting to head straight into the buy-side or...
- I was fortunate enough to be accepted into HBS in Round 2 and will be heading there this Fall. I have never done an AMA on this site before and I feel that now might be a good time to do so. I hope...
- Hi, please let me know where I stand in regards of chances at msf/mfin program Stats: Undergrad in Math/Financial Analysis and Statistics (University of Waterloo) 82% Cumulative average (roughly 3.7...
- Good evening everyone! (or whatever time it is in your time zone), I wanted to open up some time for Q&A with the WSO community. WSO was a very helpful tool in helping me pursue internships and...
- Just saw that Babson College near Boston has announced that it is now offering a Masters in Finance program. Interesting-ish. In my explorations of boutique investment banks in the greater Boston...
- I turned off the email notifications feature on WSO, but keep getting emails. Any idea how to stop this?
- Over the last 12 months, we have made a big effort to improve our consulting case interview prep package by bringing to you relevant webinars with real interview advice and actual consulting case...
- I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who posts the great content on WSO! I have recently accepted an offer to be an analyst at a smaller boutique PE firm in Chicago! I came from a non-target...
- So I have an offer with my "2nd choice" and have been told that I will most likely get an offer from my "1st choice". My 2nd choice needs an answer tomorrow but my 1st choice still hasn't given me a...
- Hi all, I'm fairly new to this and am aware that this model may be littered with mistakes. But can anyone help me out here and see why my projected balance sheet isn't balancing. I am aware that the...
- Hey guys, I'm hoping for a little bit of feedback and discussion regarding the new Tesla Model 3... So here's the story - I recently put down 1,000 dollars for the reservation, but I am start to...
- I sucked at my first job. It's a weird thing to admit, but it's true. When I started as a management consultant in 2010, I was worse than useless. I had spent my summers during university cleaning...
- Hi WSO, Currently finishing my first year at a GS/MS/JP type place. [REDACTED] [REDACTED] [REDACTED]
- Background I randomly discovered WSO nearly seven years ago just weeks after I secured a FT MM IB position. The website was extremely nascent at the time with only a few thousand registered users....
- Hi folks! I really need your advice. I've finished my master in Netherlands. Now I have several offers and don't know what to do: 1. BB bank in Moscow - off-cycle intern position 2. Recently...