I thought this might be helpful to all the high school students. Below is a general list (to my knowledge feel free to contribute people) of all the major feeder colleges for the BBs:
I tried to order them..
Generally from my knowledge the major feeders are the following: Ivys, MIT, Williams, Amherst, Swarthmore, NYU, Northwestern, Chicago, Duke, Stanford, and Berkeley.
Notice that cities will often come into play. If you goto a good school but away from a major city, its harder to get a BB job.
I hoped this helped. Please contribute to the list as I'm sure there are some (and possibly many) errors.
- Big Announcement: WSO Resume Template is Out in the Wild!: Mod Note (Andy): If you're looking for our resume for experienced IB professionals or a private equity resume template, click here.. For those of you looking to make sure your CV format is clean and make sure that your...
- It’s been awhile since I’ve checked in on WSO. I hope 2016 has treated you all well and you’re now settling in for some well deserved rest and relaxation time over the course of the holidays. It may just be selection bias given I’m starting to get a little older myself (I just turned...
- WSO is excited to have the experts from Accepted on board to answer applicant questions in the business school forum. Here are messages from Natalie and Jen who will be checking this thread every few days: Natalie I'm here to answer any questions you have regarding Business School...
- What do you think? Just like last year, PwC and Strategy& are still not aligned. https://managementconsulted.com/consulting-salaries/2017-management-consulting-salaries-for-undergraduate-mba-interns/
- Hey everyone. The ink has just barely dried on my accepted offer to join a boutique private equity firm as an analyst, but I think now is a better time than any to tell you how I made the jump to private equity from a VERY non-target background. A little bit about me: I graduated from a...
- Happy Boxing Day all you hosers and tea-sipping limeys. Here in America I've been back at work since late afternoon yesterday. Markets may be closed, but I woke up Christmas morning unaided by stims and I chose to head into the office as soon as my family left so that boss man could see me...
- So I'm feeling a bit generous over the holidays. So have at it kids, ask away. Straight-dope answers will be provided.
- Alright everyone, I need something to distract me from family time over the next few days, so wanted to do a AMA. Background for those who don't already know: partner in a PWM practice at one of the bigger firms (MS/ML/UBS) managing $500mm in the southeast US. worked at a local bank for...
- Congrats, you've made it into finance...in the middle office. What is the middle office? Definitions vary, but think risk management, certain accounting roles, corporate treasury--broadly speaking, you interact with the business divisions on externally-related (i.e. client, funding) topics,...
- Finland has started a new program where it gives a basic income to all of its citizens. In theory, this sounds wonderful because even those without a job will have some basic sustenance. Maybe this can only work because the country has a small population. What do you guys think of this new...
- I haven't written about Bitcoin on WSO for a long time, and I've seen a lot of questions about it on the site over the past few weeks due to the recent price movements. There's a lot to cover so this...
- Happy almost 2017, dear monkeys! A resolution of mine is to be more consistent with monthly happy hours, and to that end we are starting 2017 off right with a drink-a-thon at our usual watering hole...
- Hello, I am currently completing my Bachelor degree in business at Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and will be starting my MSc in Finance coming fall. I have been admitted to LSE...
- Given the tremendous growth in secondary dedicated funds, surprised to not see more questions on these boards regarding interviews and modeling exams. Can anybody provide any helpful information...
- Hey all! Firstly these forums have been a huge help in my job search, from CV layout to interview prep!! I just received an offer for a summer internship at a relatively large asset manager (>...
- Hi all, I just would like to hear some insights about the MSc in Economics and Social Sciences at Bocconi. How is it compared to Bocconi Msc in Finance program in terms of recruitability and...
- This is a great article on the outlook Silicon Valley companies often have. It seems like they are making progress for the sake of progress sometime. I like how well they point how how these...
- All, Career switcher here. Based out of Western Europe and interested in entering the Asset Management industry, with the ultimate aim of working in portfolio management. The MBA is simply not an...
- I have been a long time lurker and recent poster here, I have got so much from this community, I can say I would not have done it without you so I think it is time to give something back. I am sure...
- Hello, my name is Gordon and i am from Singapore. I want to find out more about banking and finance careers and to learn more about the industry in general. I am a final year student at the...
- Freshman at Harvard here, planned concentration in statistics & quantitative finance. "Relevant" coursework I took last semester includes econ and probability theory, but nonetheless I pulled a 3...
- Graduated in 2016 from an East Coast state school. Finance major 3.2 GPA (upward trend - 3.6 senior year) In an operations role currently that I am unhappy with. Is an MSF a good route to go? I am...
- I was just wondering what you guys thought. I have held 2 internships thus far. One was at a very small investment bank that I knew would not turn into a full time position. Next I was able to...
- Hello, I have an upcoming interview with EY's operational transaction services practice. Looking for advice as what to expect from the interview as well as hours/pay/etc. My background is big 4...
- I recently contacted an alumni from my school that works in the Business Development department of a MM PE firm and I am trying to become more informed of a "day in the life" in Business Development...