I thought this might be helpful to all the high school students. Below is a general list (to my knowledge feel free to contribute people) of all the major feeder colleges for the BBs:
I tried to order them..
Generally from my knowledge the major feeders are the following: Ivys, MIT, Williams, Amherst, Swarthmore, NYU, Northwestern, Chicago, Duke, Stanford, and Berkeley.
Notice that cities will often come into play. If you goto a good school but away from a major city, its harder to get a BB job.
I hoped this helped. Please contribute to the list as I'm sure there are some (and possibly many) errors.
- It’s been a slow day at work, so I decided to do something useful and type up this thread with some basic networking tips. I went into my background in detail in my lateraling guide, but basically I went to a non-target for undergrad, then started at a “no-name” boutique, lateraled to a...
- Ok, guys and girls. I'm pretty open about myself on here, but lately I've been super busy and not nearly as active as I like to me because after being laid off at a massive tech company I started my own gig. It was something I did before for freelance because I have experience as a...
- Sitting at my desk here just waiting for things to wind down before Thanksgiving so thought I’d give back to the community and try my first long form post. I did some interviewing last year but this year I was heavily involved for both SA and FT interviews so thought I’d lay out some...
- I'm back and at 'em, motherfuckers. Last thing I truly remember from two weeks ago, I was watching the election results roll in and they called Wisconsin for Trump. Thus began such a hardcore weeklong celebration bender I totally forgot about showers, the internet, and everyone in my...
- As with many of you, I had the chance to spend some time with relatives over the Thanksgiving holiday. It was average, to be honest. It’s always good to see loved ones, but it is a balance between hectic traveling, rushing to see as many people as possible, and if you live any significant...
- I listen to a lot of podcasts. I've almost always got one on in the background while I'm working (unless I really need to concentrate, in which case I use brain.fm). I'm amazed at how podcasts have taken the place of radio for so many people. With that in mind, I thought you guys...
- I received a message on LinkedIn from someone looking to get into IB a couple weeks back, in which the individual explained his situation and couldn't understand why he isn't seeing progress. The general gist (confidentiality in mind) is that he applied to many jobs through LinkedIn as...
- Following in the footsteps of @Sil"'s recent post ("Want to get me on the phone? Here's how - a networking overview.") l figured that I would share some random musings on networking. 1) Forming Relationships: First and foremost, recognize the networking is actually...
- Mornin' Monkeys, @Eddie Braverman" [recently posted](http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/use-thanksgiving-to-set-2017-goals) how he uses the Thanksgiving weekend to set his goals and provided the community with a few tools for categorizing, qualifying and actualizing annual...
- Leave it to Trump to come up with something really simple. Simple is good! Not that a lot of brackets have ever been a challenge in calculating tax, but we’re going to be going from seven to three. Here is the tax plan, in a nutshell (I hate that phrase): 3 brackets: Less than $75K:...
- Hey WSO, Since this site has been instrumental in helping me break into Consulting from a non-target, I wanted to share my experience with the community. Hopefully this post will be helpful to...
- I know that this topic has been posted on before; but, due to things constantly changing, I figured it would be good to ask again. With the semester about to end, I'm going to have some free time to...
- For all of you monkeys out there, both naughty and nice, what do you have your eye on this holiday season?
- Update: Poll is up! http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/polls/who-is-the-20... Hey all, I'm posting up a poll soon for member of the year, I came up with this list of nominees (sorry if I forgot anyone...
- Hello WSO, I have been a long time lurker, and this is my first post (or maybe I am one of the top rated authors who decided to make a post anonymously). I have noticed a certain lack of information...
- I am curious to know from those in the GP space, about the timing of the promote splits. I know its easier when you have fixed NNN lease, but how does it work when the cash flow is sporadic. Example...
- Anyone have BIWS RE to share. I have to be up to speed on development and acquisition modeling by Tuesday and hope this could move the needle in helping me get over that hurdle. Cheers. Thanks.
- Right, Assuming you have read the title, this is one of those "I feel sorry for myself" Saturday night posts, it's also an AMA, because I'm bored. Now that that is out of the way, let me start with a...
- So I just came across an article about Aspire Health, a startup that claims it can predict which patients will die within the next year, and lower their bills by providing palliative care at home...
- Guys, do anyone of you receive invitation for interview? I submitted application in mid November and they asked for further information which I provided but I haven't heard from them since then. I...
- Wondering what firms are still conducting interviews, I am aware that BBs are essentially finished, as well as upper MM like Jefferies. Wondering if anyone has any lower MM or large boutiques that...
- I am set to study abroad next semester and have an internship offer for the summer doing LevFin at a large foreign bank (think BMO Capital Markets, BNP Pairbas, Mizuho, MUFG, RBC, etc.). My GPA isn't...
- A little while back I posted about how to network, I just wanted to share a couple of other thoughts on the two things that have really helped make me more effective at networking, asking for...
- I have been working out for a while now but I've noticed lately that my left foot turns out slightly, and my right foot a little less slightly when I'm lifting. I believe this is known as duck feet....
- Does anyone know where BNP Paribas houses their summer analysts/if they provide housing or if they provide a housing stipend?