I thought this might be helpful to all the high school students. Below is a general list (to my knowledge feel free to contribute people) of all the major feeder colleges for the BBs:
I tried to order them..
Generally from my knowledge the major feeders are the following: Ivys, MIT, Williams, Amherst, Swarthmore, NYU, Northwestern, Chicago, Duke, Stanford, and Berkeley.
Notice that cities will often come into play. If you goto a good school but away from a major city, its harder to get a BB job.
I hoped this helped. Please contribute to the list as I'm sure there are some (and possibly many) errors.
- Hey monkeys, I'm on a plane from CLT to PHX, and I have wifi, and I'm not in the mood to work on my book. I like giving you guys some of my more thoughtful newsletter articles every once in a while, but I've never directly contributed to the forum. I have a few hours to kill, so...
- Big Announcement: WSO Resume Template is Out in the Wild!: Mod Note (Andy): If you're looking for our resume for experienced IB professionals or a private equity resume template, click here.. For those of you looking to make sure your CV format is clean and make sure that your...
- Now that I’m in the real world (and working in tech banking), I hear from a lot of students claiming they’re interested in working in/around technology, and asking for advice on how to learn more about the industry and keep up with trends. In order to save myself some time and not be forced...
- In a rare moment, I've found myself at a local, wooden, quiet neighborhood bar sitting alone drinking my 3rd Budweiser with a closed out tab. I thought it a pleasant way to break up my week though I hope not to make a habit of it. With not much else to do, and tired of looking at screens...
- It's my birthday today, and learned that my GF paid for a 1 week vacation for the both of us to go to Cleveland. My natural excitement made me spin out of my chair, get up, and swing my fist into the air. I did all of this so fast that I didn't realize my Managing Director was right...
- Given that we have built up relationships with hundreds of companies and finance recruiters, we thought instead of just a simple job board (which you can find right here), we would also create a WSO Applicant Database. This vision for the database is to allow all WSO users to create a...
- Story time. So last night I'm spinning my wheels in the wee hours, taking key bumps, waiting for pre-market. You know, usual weekday routine. I start clicking around WSJ and I see Shillary is leading in 4 key battleground states and that, combined with the coke, gets me mad. I almost reach...
- Business Insider (and forbes to a lesser extent) are flooding the younger generation with all of these seemingly simple ways to become a millionaire (see "13 Habits of Self-Made Millionaires"), and they're usually written by journalists, not millionaires, so beware of treating...
- A stream of consciousness-style journal-entry kind of thing from my analyst days, when I was coming off a hot-streak at the office and feeling burned out. I wrote this on a Saturday night. For whatever reason, enjoy... I’m in the vortex. The magnetron. I’ve been suffering from too little...
- I learned something crazy the other day: high-level Ironman triathletes pee on their bikes during races. That's right. In the middle of a 112 mile ride, they'll just let loose all over their $12,000 Cervélo bike. These people sound insane, but I sort of understand why they do...
- All, I am doing this because I haven't found a thread like this on WSO. I am curious as to everyone's most absurd ib interview questions that they have been asked, and their answer. Funny, intense,...
- Hi guys - I am interested in Petroleum trading internships, such as what BP or Shell might offer. These are the only two companies I have found that offer them so far, I was wondering if there were...
- I was wondering if someone could tell me a little bit about compensation for capital introduction, and what the day to day is like as opposed to a sales job on a desk.
- Hi guys, I study in Australia but will be doing a one year study abroad in the US. Because of this, I have the opportunity to do an internship in the Northern Hemisphere summer (Australian...
- When does FT IB Analyst recruiting typically start? I am a recent graduate (May 2017), and am wondering when banks will start taking resumes/interviewing online, or via other methods. Thanks guys!
- Hi everyone, This is my first post here. I've been a lurker for a few months and decided to become bit more active in the community. As of now I am entering into my first semester as a finance and...
- With the traditional, "Why Banking?" question, I think there hasn't really been much chatter about what is it that bankers do, especially at a junior level, that makes this business so unique? For...
- We're giving away 10 free copies of Jared Dillian's new book "All The Evil Of This World" to 10 lucky participants. The contest begins tonight at midnight and ends midnight Monday August first. We...
- Wanted to get a discussion going here about High Frequency Trading. Can't really put my finger on what side I should take considering the good and the bad things I've heard about it. I'm not the most...
- Recruiting season is coming, and as a senior this is my big chance to land a good finance gig right our of college. Please be honest. Harsh critiques are welcomed. A couple questions in mind: - There...
- How is IHS Markit (IHS and Markit recently merged) viewed in the wallstreet research community? Is it a good opportunity to break into equity research? Looking for any sort of thoughts you all have...
- In case you missed them, here're some of last week's most popular topics: My boss just tore me a new one and I don't know what to do differently Post By @LizLemon feel like I'm stuck, no matter what...
- I've recently had a few people tell me that ibanking is dead, changed forever, no longer a viable career path, etc. One was a BB ibanker but his group was shut down and he is now in admin inside...
- Hey guys, I am curious about the transition from consulting to banking. I work in a modelling heavy firm and am exposed to M&A deals and valuation related work frequently. I have been here a few...
- So recently I have been connecting with old friends and classmates on Linkedin, and I've noticed that some of the people I know have an absurd number of internships throughout their time in...