I thought this might be helpful to all the high school students. Below is a general list (to my knowledge feel free to contribute people) of all the major feeder colleges for the BBs:
I tried to order them..
Generally from my knowledge the major feeders are the following: Ivys, MIT, Williams, Amherst, Swarthmore, NYU, Northwestern, Chicago, Duke, Stanford, and Berkeley.
Notice that cities will often come into play. If you goto a good school but away from a major city, its harder to get a BB job.
I hoped this helped. Please contribute to the list as I'm sure there are some (and possibly many) errors.
- Big Announcement: WSO Resume Template is Out in the Wild!: Mod Note (Andy): If you're looking for our resume for experienced IB professionals or a private equity resume template, click here.. For those of you looking to make sure your CV format is clean and make sure that your...
- Click here for the 2017 FT IB Analyst Recruiting Megathread discussion page. APPLICATIONS / INTERVIEWS / SUPERDAYS Goldman Sachs Morgan Stanley J.P. Morgan Bank of America ML Citigroup Barclays Credit Suisse Deutsche Bank UBS Wells Fargo Applications open:...
- WSO is excited to have the experts from Accepted on board to answer applicant questions in the business school forum. Here are messages from Natalie and Jen who will be checking this thread every few days: Natalie I'm here to answer any questions you have regarding Business School...
- So I have been asked twice in the past week by ambitious young monkeys "What are the best sources to learn to build a financial model". The problem is these guys are only freshman and sophomores in college. A FINANCIAL MODEL IS USELESS UNLESS YOU HAVE A STRONG UNDERSTANDING OF...
- Let's talk booze. You all knew the time would come that the discussion would branch out from my tried and true (WoodfordandCreatine™) and get more adventurous. There's no rules when it comes to alcohol, except obviously don't be a pussy. Try everything once. Also, girl drinks...
- I know this sounds insane! But theoretically speaking what if Goldman Sachs and JP Morgan merged together?
- Hello monkeys, I used to be quite active on WSO under a different name (before and up to the Eddie / MMM days), until the IB grind turned me into a lurker. I can honestly say that WSO played a big part in helping me land the IB gig in the first place, so when I coach young bankers / college...
- Let me start off by clarifying. By trading I’m not referring to investing or trading part-time while you do other things (such as hold down a full-time job). I’m talking about those people who want to take a shot at trading for a living, as their primary or only source of income. I’m not...
- Whomever you prefer in the 2016 presidential race, no one can say it hasn’t been interesting (in the same way watching jackals pick apart the carcass of an antelope is interesting). One of the things that makes it so is the fact that we are a month out and it could still go either way. I...
- Responding to @LionHeart"'s question on how to identify good short candidate - "What is your thought process when determining good shorts, and what are some key items you look for?" Below describes my primary process. There are numerous danger signs that could nearly allow...
- You're going to quit at least one job in your life, probably several. In fact, 2.8 million Americans quit their jobs every month. You know what's heartbreaking about that statistic? Virtually none of...
- 2.5 years in, promotion coming in January, got laid off Monday from a BB, along with numerous others in the group. Not performance based at all, it just seems that the business is clearly becoming...
- Each day another slim dress shirt bites the dust. WTF I don't want to go back to baggy Brooks Brothers shirts
- I'm a little confused over how the finance community defines "developer fees" when financing a deal. I would appreciate the financing community responding. I found an old thread on this forum from...
- We've been getting more events posted lately (Paris/Atlanta/NYC) so let's keep the momentum going! We are looking for 1-2 WSO members in major cities across the world to be social chairs to help...
- Hello everyone. I've lurked here on and off over the years and realize there isn't much activity regarding wealth management, but thought I'd register anyway. I'm in my 30s, at an independent...
- Hey guys, so I'm currently a senior at a target school. This is my last semester and I still don't have any offers. All the banks seem to be done recruiting and I'm starting to freak out. I have...
- I know this question has been asked MANY times. But, once again.. Which major is better overall, in terms of jobs? I come from a non-target school, and it seems like every student here has a hard...
- Background: I work for one of the largest banks in the world by assets, in credit analysis. My job is basically to analyze the credit risk of large corporates (generally more than $1Bn in revenue)....
- I have done bachelors in mechanical engineering (2016 pass out) and now want to start my career in Equity research. What would be the best option? Doing CFA or joining a B-school? I have tried a lot...
- Myriamtouimer provides the best guidelines for fashion, modelling, actiing and to be beautiful all the time. She has been a very successful model and has acted in many movies and television shows....
- Gents, I've been job hopping too much in the REIT and REPE world. Enjoy both, but prefer REPE since it's less operational. I'm looking for a specific kind of culture. Structured, professional and...
- Whats the difference between a desk analyst, commercial analyst and trading analyst? and do these roles differ in commodity firms
- There's been a lot of threads on DB already, but it feels like it's just not stopping. Now they are considering cutting another 10k people. I've heard that their IB teams are already a bit thin so my...
- Hi people, I am new to Canada,my husband got promoted and we had to migrate to Canada. We are presently living in a rented home. Planning to purchase a new home with the help of a mortgage. But,...
- PE deal generation professional in Chicago (2-4 yrs of experience)
- Corporate Accountant - Denver - $75-95 base - Real potential for Manager in year
- Senior Process Improvement & Strategic Auditor * 2 Years in Audit = Business Facing Role
- Accounting Manager * Private Investment Firm * Real Estate Focus * CPA Required *
- Junior Execution Sales Trader