I thought this might be helpful to all the high school students. Below is a general list (to my knowledge feel free to contribute people) of all the major feeder colleges for the BBs:
I tried to order them..
Generally from my knowledge the major feeders are the following: Ivys, MIT, Williams, Amherst, Swarthmore, NYU, Northwestern, Chicago, Duke, Stanford, and Berkeley.
Notice that cities will often come into play. If you goto a good school but away from a major city, its harder to get a BB job.
I hoped this helped. Please contribute to the list as I'm sure there are some (and possibly many) errors.
- <em>Mod note (Andy): Throwback Thursday, this post originally went up on 3/2/12.</em> In the past few months, I've been approached on a few occasions by college-aged folks asking the typical question: how to succeed on the street from a less-than-stellar undergrad background....
- Long time lurker, but first time poster here looking for advice. So anyways, I graduated from a non-target, but very well respected school last year with a finance degree. Despite having a 3.87, two boutique PE <span class='keyword_link'><a...
- This is the next book review in a series of installments that will be coming from <a href="http://www.deconstructingexcellence.com/">DeconstructingExcellence.com</a>. See my other book summaries on WSO <a...
- Hey all, long time lurker first time poster. Just wanted to share my background and answer questions for those interested. Background: 7 years of investment research experience prior to b-school, mostly in equities (some credit) with half of that on the buyside at a hedge fund; sectors...
- <em>Mod Note (Andy): WSO readers qualify for a $100 discount to Jared's Daily Dirtnap daily market newsletter...just email [email protected] and mention "WSO Monkey Discount" You can follow Jared on twitter at @dailydirtnap</em> Some context is needed. Yes, I...
- That was, in my opinion, the GOAT time period for music: - Incubus - Staind - Vertical Horizon - Linkin Park - Puddle of Mudd - Nirvana - Red Hot Chili Peppers - Lenny Kravitz Etc. Every time I just lay back and listen to any of the above I have an eargasm. Post your favorite...
- Dear WSO Community, I'm pleased to announce the release of the <strong><a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/wso-annual-compensation-reports">2014 WSO Compensation Report</a></strong>! We had another great year with even MORE entries than last year...
- Ouch.... Will this happen at any other banks or just RBS? Anyone personally affected by this? Is RBS a sinking ship? From NYT Dealbook: [quote]“Hearing from incoming summer analysts (now soon to be full-time hires) that their offers were rescinded and they were all given a 10k...
- <em>Mod note: Best of Eddie, this was originally posted on 2/11/14.</em> God, I love the free market. This is absolutely hilarious. Call me old fashioned, but I look back with fondness on the days when a guy could walk into just about any strip club and witness the cold war...
- Wall Street Oasis is looking for several hard working individuals to join our intern team to help with online-marketing tasks, specifically Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and link-building. <strong><a...
- SouthWood biedt aangepaste interieur en exterieur ondertekent in een bijna onbeperkte verscheidenheid van materialen. Op basis van ontwerp-regelingen, begrotingen, structurele overwegingen, maten,...
- The best part about remodeling a home is choosing which upgrades to install, but it can also be the hardest part of the remodeling project. The reason choosing upgrades is so tough is because it is...
- Hi, I applied to two MBA programs this year (H/S/W) and was accepted to one with $$ and waitlisted at the other. The waitlisted school told me to keep them informed of personal deadlines. When I...
- I'm going to be a first year IB analyst and I'm looking to get a good rewards credit card. I know there have been forums about this topic before but looking to get some thoughts on these two cards. I...
- I'm working on a case for school where we are doing a mock LBO. How can one determine the size of a revolver needed relative to the rest of the debt or relative to EBITDA? Thanks
- I hear many people say things like I wish I took more classes in X. Mostly, people in finance say they wish they took more accounting courses. Are there any classes people should take prior to...
- Your workplace has a sign reminding you to wash your hands. Where the fuck do you get off with the attitude?
- That was, in my opinion, the GOAT time period for music: - Incubus - Staind - Vertical Horizon - Linkin Park - Puddle of Mudd - Nirvana - Red Hot Chili Peppers - Lenny Kravitz Etc. Every time I just...
- Have you guys ever noticed that your pee smells like spam? I just took a long piss, like at least 30 seconds, and i noticed the smell of my piss is a lot like spam (the meat you buy in a can in...
- First time poster, but been lurking around the site for a while. Long story short, have a Finance degree (decent school, but no ivy league), a little restructuring work, and spent the past 3 years in...
- WSO family, how's it going? My little brother just got all his acceptances in and I was wondering what your thoughts are on the following for IB. Here are the final acceptances/stats: 1.) Indiana (...
- Hey everyone, I am going to be starting university next year and as a young guy looking to work on Wall Street in the future, I saw this forum as a great place to get some advice on undergrad schools...
- I am currently in the process of being placed to a S&T desk at JPM for the summer. I am torn between FX (spot+options), Commodities (crude derivatives), and EM (LatAm). The people in each are...
- Anyone know what the final round for HIG buyout is like? It's the middle of their three PE funds (size-wise). I've already done a modeling test and it's a "full day" thing for what that's worth.
- These guys make some quality shirts - a notch above Brooks Brothers, Charles Tyrwhitt and Thomas Pink in my opinion. Almost their entire website is 40% off using the promo code: MEMBERSONLY. The code...