8/19/13 - 9:53pm
Mod Note (Andy): Update - This story was confirmed earlier confirmed by our sources. Our prayers go out to his family.
Moritz Erhardt, who was on a seven-week pre-graduate program in London, died Aug. 15, spokesman John McIvor said by telephone today. The death is being treated as non-suspicious, a spokesman for the Metropolitan Police in London said in a statement.
Moritz Erhardt, who was on a seven-week pre-graduate program in London, died Aug. 15, a spokesman said. Source: Seelio via Bloomberg
"He was popular amongst his peers and was a highly diligent intern at our company with a promising future," said in its statement. "Our first thoughts are with his family and we send our condolences to them at this difficult time."
Erhardt was found unconscious at Claredale House, a student residential facility in East London. He was pronounced dead at the scene after being treated by paramedics, said the police spokesman, who asked not to be identified, citing agency policy.
- Throughout my career I was constantly reminded of how little I knew. When I interviewed for the job at <span class='keyword_link'><a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/company/goldman-sachs" target="_blank">Goldman Sachs</a></span>, as...
- <em>Mod Note (Andy): Check out wilowallstreet's AMA <a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/ask-an-ex-ib-md-anything">here</a>. The AMA is still live and he is actively answering any questions that you may have.</em> I learnt a lot about failure...
- <em>Mod Note (Andy): #TBT Throwback Thursday - this was originally posted in 2006. To see all of our top content from the past, click <a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/highest-ranked-discussions">here.</a></em> So I'm new here and spent a good deal...
- <strong>Big Announcement: WSO Resume Template is Out in the Wild!</strong>: <em>Mod Note (Andy): If you're looking for our resume for experienced IB professionals or a <a...
- You can ask me anything. I know there are probably a lot of questions you wish you could ask your boss, but can't. I was at <span class='keyword_link'><a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/finance-dictionary/what-is-the-bulge-bracket-BB">bulge...
- Given that we have built up relationships with hundreds of companies and finance recruiters, we thought instead of just a simple job board (which you can find <a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/finance-jobs">right here</a>), we would also create a WSO Applicant...
- <p>I worked as a management consultant for 4 years.</p> <p>I learned a bunch of stuff about business and strategy and operations.</p> <p>I also learned how to sound smart about something I knew nothing about, and how to use jargon to make simple things sound...
- A week ago, I began my series of posts on the drug business, starting with <a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/divergence-in-the-drug-businesses-pharmaceuticals-and-biotechnology">my perspective on how the business is changing</a> and then moving on to post on...
- So, I know this doesn't go in here, but I know the Other Road won't get any views on this or very many, and its not exactly Sales and Trading. I've been working in a sales development role at a hot startup in the SaaS sphere. We are innovating and disrupting in our field, and...
- WSO is now accepting applications to be a Campus Rep at your university for the second semester of the 2015-16 school year. We currently have 52 reps signed up but would love to add 15-20 more. We are looking for motivated students with a solid work ethic and strong...
- Post any questions you may have and I'll do my best to answer! There doesn't seem to be much information on this website regarding this niche role so I'd like to just expand on this and hopefully...
- No surprise here. This trend is only going to accelerate, as hedge funds and asset management firms hire brilliant computer scientists for research and investing roles. It will be interesting to...
- I think this would be very helpful for MBA candidates. I'll shoot first . Was in Chicago visiting Kellogg and Booth, met a handful of current students (& alum) and learned something I found...
- how cash and marketable securities and debt can be taken into account when calculating WACC??
- From Bloomberg:"Many people in the sector still believe they should be paid entrepreneurial wages for turning up to work with a regular salary, a pension and probably a health-care scheme and playing...
- Could anyone provide a list of mid-tier firms (i.e. not bulge brackets) with good exposure to the oil and gas sector and with offices in London.
- Hey WSO, What would be the best method for getting a headhunter for an area in the southeast? I'm looking specifically at New Orleans, Houston, and Dallas, and really looking for either an equity...
- This is just a scenario. But is it possible for one important person (outside of that HF) to push for an otherwise terrible candidate to be hired a major HF? Have any of you heard of that happening...
- When the VIX spikes to 50+ and I think it will revert back to <20, what is the best way for me to get paid for the volatility? The head trader at my shop says to never short the VIX.
- I wanted to pose this to the group to hear others' thinking on a real-life and theoretical issue. NOPAT = $100 Debt = $500 Stockholders' Equity = $500 ROIC = 10%... simple. If all of the SE is...
- I often get asked by young students or recent graduates what books they should be reading to succeed. I was a Computer Science major from an emerging market country. I started at an Investment Bank...
- I think users (and myself) could benefit from dedicated debt forum and a dedicated equity forum. These could be used to describe current events in debt/equity markets, investment ideas/strategies in...
- Hi Everyone, I have been looking everywhere and I couldn't get any info on ING IBD, I know that they have big footprint in The Netherlands but how would you repute them (tier)? If anyone has a...
- How does it work? I am talking about Hong Kong, Dubai, Singapore in particular There seems to be a lot of job postings on LinkedIn atleast but I am sure like in the US a cold application just doesn't...
- If you can provide insight, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!
Long term, which career path interests you the most?
Corporate Finance / Strategy / Development
Investment Advisor / PWM
Sales & Trading
Other Finance Role (academia, non-profit, government, legal, etc)
Other - Non Finance
Total votes: 1209