MBB 2022 FT recruiting

This year MBB is doing a summer round and a fall round deadline for full-time positions for undergrads in the US. I noticed that there is a thread for the summer analysts but not one for full-time. I personally applied for the summer round, because I want to maximize my options before I commit to my full-time (not in consulting) by the end of August. I am sure many of us who applied for the summer deadline are also in the same boat. SO I made this thread and hope to share updates/information. Has anyone heard back from any of the MBB? (like pymetrics, PSG, interview invitations, etc.) Feel free to post your status. 

Comments (632)

Jul 20, 2021 - 3:57pm
hakuna, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Actually same. And I scheduled the time on the last day of the given period. I guess they won't start interviewing before we complete/pass the game. Hopefully it would be a fun game too lol. 

Jul 20, 2021 - 11:29pm
boomshakalak, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Received just now. Is this game important?or just for fun?

Jul 21, 2021 - 8:12pm

Yes. Just got the first-round email. It's crazy that they are interviewing people on Monday. Things are moving so fast. Does anyone know if they are doing two cases back to back? 

Jul 22, 2021 - 4:33pm
ivychicken, what's your opinion? Comment below:

i got an email from bain recruiter saying that the offices having rolling application reviews over the next few weeks

Jul 22, 2021 - 5:02pm
aspiringtree, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Numbers-wise I know SF's AC class was 15/20. Given that, I'd say anywhere from 80-100 first rounds? Totally guessing there though. Majority come from targets.

Jul 22, 2021 - 7:56pm

Keeping my eye out on the dot -- seems like a lot of interview invites so far were sent at 5PM PT or Noon PT

Jul 23, 2021 - 4:55pm
fromage4ever, what's your opinion? Comment below:

I got... waitlisted for BCG interviews? Is this what all rejects get told or is this actually meaningfully different lol

Also, it seems like I got this email from the Chicago office -- could I get an interview offer from another BCG office still or am I locked into the Chicago office, waitlist or not?

Jul 23, 2021 - 5:24pm

Maybe talk to any BCG connections you have and ask them. But yeah congrats! You still have a good chance.

Jul 23, 2021 - 5:59pm
consultingappatl, what's your opinion? Comment below:

I was waitlisted last year for internship and didnt get off, think it's usually rare for people to opt out of interviewing with BCG unfortunately. Good luck!

Jul 23, 2021 - 7:06pm

I think all offices aside from the East Coast are "behind" in giving decisions -- I applied SF/Seattle and have yet to hear anyone from my school get invites. Would also be down to case!

Jul 23, 2021 - 8:36pm
prospectivestudent, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Hm I have not gotten a rejection email or a first round to BCG. Does anyone know if rejection emails come all at once or in waves? 

Jul 25, 2021 - 7:22pm

I'm in the same boat -- applied Seattle/SF from a target school. I'm assuming Bain has two different pipelines for non-target and target schools, of which the former has been already notified. Fingers crossed for some news this week!

Jul 25, 2021 - 10:52pm
John_Mark, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Interesting -- could be on an office basis as well. I know people from both targets and non-targets who applied to the west coast offices who have been notified for the first rounds. I come from a non-target so it's likely that I didn't make it past the resume screen since the interview's tomorrow. 

Does anyone happen to know if rejection emails have been sent out? Or could it be that some applications are done on a rolling basis? 

Jul 26, 2021 - 1:08pm
shoyou, what's your opinion? Comment below:

got an interview for McKinsey, didn't say which office though. I still have to take my imbellus test lol

Jul 26, 2021 - 1:32pm
SuggaD, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Is McK process the same as usual this year - 2 interviews for first round and 4 for final round? 

Aug 3, 2021 - 11:09pm
kendralee, what's your opinion? Comment below:

I think it is office/may be school dependent. I got 2 for the 1st round and 2 for the 2nd round. I've heard in Chicago they do 4 and done in a single round for my school.

Jul 26, 2021 - 11:21pm
jimbolean, what's your opinion? Comment below:

yeah SF/Seattle is out, but so are rejections so I wouldn't trip if you've heard nothing

edit: sorry misread this meant first round invites are out not first round decisions

Jul 27, 2021 - 12:07pm
patriii, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Anyone heard back for Bain final round yet ?

• Intern in IB - Gen
Jul 27, 2021 - 10:32pm

When did you have yours? Had mine earlier today and haven't heard back yet

Jul 28, 2021 - 5:20pm
eks2020, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Semi-target, got first round BCG Dallas invite on July 21. Scheduled for August 13. Have not heard back from McKinsey Dallas or Bain Dallas yet. Anyone have more Dallas info?

• Prospect in Consulting
Jul 29, 2021 - 12:12pm

Anyone hear from McK after having imbellus game due 7/25?

• Intern in IB - Gen
Aug 1, 2021 - 3:01pm

Is your first round 2 or 4 interviews? Mine is 4 interviews and I thought it was the first round, but it said they would try to convey their decision about extending an offer asap after the interview, which makes it seem like there's only one round.

• Prospect in Consulting
Jul 31, 2021 - 11:21pm

Can I ask you when Mck first round came out for chicago? I was guessing it would be by friday since that is roughly two weeks. I haven't heard anything, but I'm also not sure if they send rejection letters like they did with the intern cycle. 

Aug 1, 2021 - 2:15am
fromage4ever, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Ya it was Friday, but idk if they're done making decisions yet. If you haven't heard anything I don't think it's a rejection per se

• Incoming Analyst in IB-M&A
Aug 3, 2021 - 2:52pm

What was your interview like / what are your stats / background? Also know some people at UC who are pretty qualified (high GPA, strong work experience, etc) who haven't gotten interviews yet

Most Helpful
  • Intern in IB - Gen
Aug 2, 2021 - 7:29pm

Anyone hear back from the Bain final round today for SF yet?

• Anonymous Monkey's picture
  • Anonymous Monkey
Aug 2, 2021 - 7:30pm
Anonymous Monkey, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Has anyone heard back from McKinsey Atlanta?

• Anonymous Monkey's picture
  • Anonymous Monkey
Aug 6, 2021 - 11:37am
Anonymous Monkey, what's your opinion? Comment below:

My school's recruiter said we would hear back by end of week, so if nothing today then I assume it's a no.

• Intern in IB - Gen
Aug 3, 2021 - 7:34pm

Was honestly not crazy hard, very clearly mostly situated within one of the major buckets, with some critical thinking involved

Aug 3, 2021 - 11:28pm
jh_01, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Honestly by Bain first round was definitely a bit harder than expected. one definitely was unlike anything I've really done. but if you work with the interviewer and show how you think you should be in good shape.

• Intern in IB - Gen
Aug 4, 2021 - 12:26am

First round was hard (I didn't finish the first case) but final round was overall okay. I'll be honest I only started practicing casing the day before the first round and somehow managed to land an offer lmao so have hope everyone. 

Aug 3, 2021 - 9:05pm
jankyjo, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Anyone hear back from Bain SF for AC yet after final round? Or did anyone have interviews on tuesday (today)?

Aug 4, 2021 - 2:00pm
laila342813, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Just had Bain final round yesterday for NY/Boston, was wondering if anyone else heard back or knew general timeline? 

• Intern in CorpStrat
Aug 4, 2021 - 2:40pm

Had mine this morning, and didn't even know they were doing them yesterday, I'd assume that they're going to make offers today or tomorrow unless there is a third day I don't know about

Aug 4, 2021 - 2:48pm
FreddieJR, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Mollitia sunt suscipit aut aut qui omnis ad quia. Impedit et vel consequatur ut id voluptates aut. Dolores quasi ipsum ea quod debitis. Aliquam voluptate molestias necessitatibus dolorem. Ex maxime commodi et libero. Occaecati architecto iure tenetur aut nisi. Voluptatum voluptatibus molestiae maiores rerum unde sed est.

Qui sint quidem itaque eos harum dolores porro dignissimos. Aut dolorem iste ut omnis ab. Vitae veritatis sint quaerat enim atque est distinctio. Nesciunt facilis aliquam mollitia.

Eveniet eum nihil laborum cumque cupiditate eum labore non. Minus ex odio hic ad quae.

Aug 6, 2021 - 1:27pm
laila342813, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Animi placeat culpa nam aperiam. Placeat ut est laudantium ut qui incidunt quas harum. Nemo corrupti provident quibusdam quam et. Eaque ipsam recusandae est quis quia in. Qui error temporibus enim nobis et.

Quo ut et repellat voluptatem. Harum sint at ut qui expedita. Aut laborum nemo eaque magnam. Aut debitis odio velit tempore hic. Sed sit voluptatem debitis omnis.

Aug 4, 2021 - 3:23pm
mmnd1616, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Maiores quam quas qui quisquam recusandae non commodi. Molestiae quaerat reiciendis libero earum sint. Consequatur quidem qui nulla non. Qui recusandae tenetur id minima ducimus sed. Saepe perspiciatis earum qui quo cumque ipsa.

Ipsam consectetur quibusdam aut ipsum. Ut accusamus quo harum esse aut est omnis. Accusantium reiciendis doloribus qui aut eum corporis. Necessitatibus porro esse deleniti quisquam quaerat reiciendis. Enim eum quam et quibusdam veritatis fugit impedit. Placeat molestias autem eligendi.

Rerum assumenda omnis excepturi quo possimus nam voluptatem. Et illum cumque cum laudantium magnam vel aut. Qui beatae possimus tempora consequatur culpa et. Fugiat unde eos natus nostrum est. Doloremque corrupti sed dolorum numquam tenetur porro recusandae. Et autem qui aut et consequatur.

Velit et delectus alias. Illum aut aut sunt quis vitae. Saepe quia illo dolorum eum mollitia. Saepe voluptatibus veniam ut necessitatibus inventore. Eum ad excepturi sunt nobis debitis nisi et. Ipsam maxime debitis omnis omnis. Iste ut reiciendis vero accusamus placeat sit nulla.

Aug 5, 2021 - 10:40am
monkey-forever, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Tempore provident omnis id quasi aliquid. Non quis ab molestiae libero. Libero et totam numquam facere voluptates enim corrupti ipsa. Autem temporibus qui eligendi maxime quo. Fugit dolorem sed provident quis sapiente ut.

Vel porro ad laboriosam nostrum. Animi quia est unde dolor culpa reiciendis.

Sit optio quaerat distinctio sit deserunt nihil. Asperiores voluptatem aut sint magnam. At nihil tenetur nulla voluptas.

Aug 5, 2021 - 10:46am
vc_13, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Qui explicabo dolorem beatae voluptatem sed. Sed blanditiis in aut qui. Qui aut et officia non. Et ut maxime sequi eum modi consectetur rerum. Quasi vel voluptatem earum odio. In consectetur modi omnis et quo minima labore debitis. Nam quis quis dolores accusantium velit repudiandae.

Ut est molestiae at ex aut ullam non. Quasi dolorem quia unde iste. Velit aut at id. Cum qui ad enim qui nulla.

Eos et expedita fugit non rerum. Veritatis dolorem et maiores. Eum qui numquam ut magnam aut sit. Quasi culpa aut mollitia distinctio hic dolor nobis earum. Enim recusandae eaque porro molestias sed et nobis rerum.

Rerum debitis autem recusandae provident ut quaerat. Fugiat doloremque velit excepturi ducimus voluptas iure odit corporis. Porro quo repudiandae rerum.

Start Discussion

Career Advancement Opportunities

September 2022 Consulting

• Bain & Company 99.4%
  • McKinsey and Co 98.8%
  • Boston Consulting Group (BCG) 98.3%
  • Oliver Wyman 97.7%
  • LEK Consulting 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

September 2022 Consulting

• Cornerstone Research 99.4%
  • Bain & Company 98.8%