2017 SOPHOMORE Diversity/Non-Diversity Summer Analyst Recruiting Megathread Page

The general IB recruiting is really useful but posts about sophomore programs get buried so made a sophomore specific thread. Here are some of the sophomore diversity/non diversity programs and recruiting for investment banking and other divisions

-Wells Fargo -Citi -JP Morgan -Morgan Stanley -Goldman Sachs -Credit Suisse -Deutsche Bank

72 Comments
 

The program is diversity specific. I'm hispanic. You basically need to be URM, have some reputable grades/activities, and luck.

 
Best Response

Depends on what you mean by open. The application portal is still open but the bulk of sophs picked to interview did it in like august. I figured I was dinged when I didn't receive anything but I later interviewed for NY IBD and didn't get an offer for soph SA. Right now If you get picked you're competing with the juniors/non-diversity pool so it's a lot tougher. HCM told me that the last IBD wave in NY will be done next month. The other offices may still be looking and that is my hope since I applied to 2 other divisions in a different city. Hence why the applications are still open. BO/MO is still going to be looking later so if you're a soph I'd keep that in mind.

 

MS has always been slow with me. I applied for their early insight program for freshman year and their rejection email came 4 months after the event.

 

Some people interviewed in AUGUST!!! They're still looking for Pub fin and capital markets that I know of in NYC. I think they're the snootiest bank on the street because I know a few guys who went to early insights and the AM open house and didn't even get a first round when the target kids with no experience got interviews.

 

Well shit. I had an alum that is a director who was supposed to be helping me out but things don't look to positive now. Hopefully Citi works out. GreenAttack, same here. MS says that my freshman application is still "under review" like damn at least they could reject me for a program that is over haha.

 

Not really but I have seen Asians and white guys at diversity events before. I went to a diversity thing with Barclays before and it was 90% black, hispanic, native american, and women. The rest was asian guys and white guys.

 

What are the odds of an Asian Male but with great grades and HYPSW? Haven't heard back from any of these programs, got referred by analysts at GS, MS and DBAcheive. Giving up about now.. (submitted apps 1 month ago)

 

My superday for JP IBD is Thursday. I also went through the diversity application. How was the interview process? Were there a lot of technicals or largely behavioral? I'd appreciate any advice

 

How does it work? Do you actually have to fly to NYC? Do they pay for it ? Would suck to do wherever-NYC back and forth to "maybe" get an offer....

 

BTW what the hell happened to Barclays sophomore skills? Their application deadline last year was November 22 but it is nowhere on the site. I emailed hr and asked if they're even going to have it this year.

 

I'm just coming across this thread now.. do you guys think it's to late to apply ??

 

Iure enim quia voluptatem sit nemo vel. Ipsum rerum expedita aspernatur quis veritatis veritatis. Consequatur aut non aut dolorem atque dolores harum.

Perspiciatis occaecati harum beatae et. Voluptas repellendus iste qui expedita voluptatibus reiciendis. Et distinctio libero est doloremque explicabo in numquam nemo. A odit placeat ut veniam veritatis voluptatem laboriosam autem. Maxime aliquam in voluptatem ut.

 

Aut sed cupiditate explicabo sunt hic ea modi. Officia eius dicta delectus eligendi deleniti libero.

Perspiciatis veniam expedita et impedit unde. Reprehenderit blanditiis harum amet labore.

Reiciendis voluptatem quasi voluptatum ad vel rem odio. Odit cum iste architecto. In provident et sunt harum est. Accusamus dolores incidunt laboriosam rem molestiae nihil.

Autem error ut similique maiores ullam. Sunt odit nemo ratione optio nisi. Dolorem nostrum laudantium qui ut qui natus iure. Non quasi dolorum dolores cum sed quasi. Quam sit quaerat est et odio minus.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
3
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
4
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
5
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
6
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
7
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
8
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
9
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
10
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”