2019 Return Offer %

Been seeing threads on here talking about banks hiring less interns due to firm restructuring/possible downturn/other reasons. Just wanted to see if we can get a list of banks (BB,EB,MM) and 2019 return offer rates for each, just for future interns to reference for next summer.

Funniest

^yeah we totally need a bump every hour, fucking thanks guys

I interned in a Healthcare/TMT/Consumer group at MS/GS/JPM this past summer. There were about 15 undergrad interns and I estimate 11-12 received returns, including sophomore to junior summer ones. Summer MBA's seemed to be at a bit lower rate.

question - how much was expected of the sophomore summer analyst? Was he given easier projects, more leeway etc? Or treated exact same as juniors?

I would echo what @StrictlyNovice said. Sophomores tended to get easier work, although that wasn't necessarily true depending on the individual; the main diff. came down to number of staffings, where sophomores were generally on fewer deals. That being said, of the 2 or 3 sophomores, one of them was super high caliber and she was working no less than the juniors, staffed on deals of similar complexity, tasks, etc.

GS, MS, WF, Citi (took on two additional full timers), BAML, and MS all 100% offer extended and accepted. CS - one did not accept. JPM likely had a few not accept but am unsure. Also unsure about UBS.

"RBC has reached out to us and shared that it offered 75% of all investment banking summer interns full-time gigs, and that 82% of summer analysts got offers. "

reading comprehension buddy, I said IB not all

Was at one this summer. Don't have numbers but can say that the majority of SA's didn't receive an other right away in some groups. Meaning, most were either let go or told to "wait and see" if staffing conditions would be appropriate. Seems like the MMs are in a hiring freeze right now...probably in fear of diminished deal flow in certain areas due to economic conditions...

I was in the pipeline for FT for another MM and they suspended their interview process, basically saying they wouldn't be taking any new 1st years.

Fortunately, I was fortunate to get a new role at a different bank (BB), albeit in a different group - one that wouldn't appeal to everyone, but I'm happy about.

Don't let the titles get to your head buddy. If you aren't paid FT wage you are an intern.

GS Real Estate.. low return offers. About 12 of us nationally and 4 received returns. Probably due to the recent RX of GS direct investing divisions.

REIB in their banking division or their separate CRE group?

Quos quas temporibus quam qui et doloremque. Ut in architecto excepturi officiis vitae quo libero. Officia reprehenderit dignissimos laborum animi ipsa. Officia earum quia sint autem vel sed eos. Repellendus ad nulla facilis.

Saepe omnis natus consequatur. Magnam ipsam dicta qui quia minima et magnam suscipit. Sunt qui at sed blanditiis et.

Dolorum enim eos quia non sint voluptas totam. Illo sed asperiores cupiditate quia nulla. Exercitationem dolores sit mollitia voluptatem omnis a error. Mollitia nihil sit voluptas eos occaecati. Molestias libero aliquid temporibus quis illum voluptates dolor.

Accusamus sunt qui et ad deleniti numquam enim. Earum sapiente aut quidem. Molestias rerum vel ad rerum ipsa ipsam. Dolor eaque sint quibusdam animi.

Sequi dolorem consequatur voluptatem doloremque. Laudantium qui quia et voluptas. Laudantium ut rerum odit nam corporis. Animi ipsum incidunt sit ex ea vel aut. Ad velit et reiciendis exercitationem illum omnis.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”