2021 SA kicking off?

I know RBC has posted 2021 stuff before, but I just saw that Guggenheim posted the summer 2021 IB position. Does this mean 2021 has kicked off? Especially now that BBs are doing info sessions/coffee chats at targets starting late January early February?

Link:

https://guggenheim.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Ex…

depends on definition of "kicked off", but most BB and other banks will be doing superdays in the fall. A few EB/MM might have recruiting that takes place a bit earlier.

Barclays, BAML etc are doing spring diversity-only events where you can get an early offer.

I know for a fact that gs, ms, jpm, evercore, centerview, baml, barclays, pjt will be in the fall.

Citi, CS, RBC will be late spring into summer.

Spoke to people at each firm.

Last year non-diversity applications opened in July at which point you'll be in your sophomore internship giving you time. If the timeline is more accelerated though, you're better off submitting as soon as possible, especially if you have something for the soph summer lined up already. It's rolling and it's best to jam your foot in the door ASAP. Only situation worth delaying for is to strengthen your network but only if u no abs no one

Don't know why im getting MS but I'm friends with analysts there who have discussed an early SA 2021 recruiting cycle.

You'll be fine,since you'll be starting there for your sophomore year. Recruiting takes place beginning in the spring of your sophomore year at the earliest, so you'll have a whole semester under your belt. Also, as a current freshman you will recruit for 2022 SA. The only way you're in a less than ideal spot is if you are going for a sophomore diversity program for 2021 summer.

I’m a fun guy. Obviously I love the game of basketball. I mean there’s more questions you have to ask me in order for me to tell you about myself. I'm not just gonna give you a whole spill... I mean, I don't even know where you're sitting at

I'm at H/W, and my PJT RSSG timeline was April/May (coffee chat in late March, phone interview in mid April, and superday(s) in May). 10-12 of the spots were filled by late May. Happy to discuss further.

PJT Strategic Advisory, Evercore recruiting happened during the summer.

Most Helpful

Good luck guys, don't worry too much about the interviews your peers around you might seem to be getting in abundance during the spring. Outside of Citi/CS, diversity events, and a few EB's, most of your recruiting will happen in the summer/fall.

Array

rbc went early too but yeah most stuff will absolutely be in fall.

don't be pressured to sign in the spring unless its one of your top choices, because fall will have over 80 percent of recruiting.

2 weeks usually and it's up to you.

if you love cs then take them, if you really want jpm then you have to wait till fall.

Apparently Citi will be having employees submit referrals at the end of March and Rothschild will be deciding on their timeline at / around end of this week!

Not really an answer to the question but being from the UK, I’m genuinely stunned at how early SA recruitment begins in the US. I know interviews don’t start in earnest until the summer, but it’s practically a year and a half in advance for an internship.

Are you screwed if you’re a little late to the party/weren’t necessarily sure about IB/what IB was at this stage?

Recruitment has picked up speed and unfortunately this means that one should have an idea about pursuing a career in finance as a freshman in college. It isn't a great for those who are a little late to the party but doesn't mean they still can't secure an internship. However you do miss out on learning opportunities and time to rebound from mistakes during the recruiting process. I envy the international recruitment timelines - they're typically after US.

Happy to chime in on foreigners recruiting for US IB roles (assuming you’re a Brit looking to move to US IB). I managed to get a summer offer last just months before the internship kicked off (non citizen, foreign school, if that helps). As many here have and will attest, networking is key. What helps foreign applications differentiate themselves is where they can clearly articulate what they bring to the table that is demonstrably unique to that of a local candidate. Persistence is key, and never ever listen to anyone who tells you that “if you miss the window you’re out of the running” - rubbish.

I'm not sure if you are trolling, but when OP means 2021 SA they are referring to summer analyst roles in 2021 for students graduating in 2022. They are by no means already filled up. If they are, then I'm def screwed lol

To the original poster, SA 2021 will be on a bit of a delayed schedule. Most firms will be going in Summer/Fall. You might see some kids getting interviews in spring, but don’t panic as a lot of it will be diversity and the bulk of your recruiting will be happening later. Just keep grinding and things will work out. If you have any more specific questions, feel free to reply and I’ll send you a PM and try to help out the best I can.

Hi, I'm relatively late to the game and only decided on IB earlier this month, so am new to WSO too. Would appreciate any advice you could provide regarding which firms' cycles haven't started yet (there is quite a bit of conflicting information re: MM/EBs though I gather Moelis, Baird, Ducera etc. are done) as well as how best to approach the process given my inexperience. I've talked to seniors, read the Vault guide, networked through alum etc. but am always looking for more advice. Thanks!

Where is the Guggenheim 2021 SA posted? Couldn't find it on their careers site...

Anyone have any insight on Ducera? I'm mostly interested in exit opps and whether it would be worth recruiting for them early on or waiting for the "better" restructuring groups like HL/PJT/etc. Also can anyone compare Ducera restructuring to Guggenheim Restructuring?

A bit late to the party. SA2021 been filled since last year. With any luck, you'll be able to recruit SA2060 and that's a big if

wow i've never heard this joke before. do also have one on target high or middle schools?

Amet autem magni et odio eius unde molestiae enim. Iure qui iure atque dolores quia aliquid placeat. Magnam minima qui autem sed doloremque porro consectetur.

Accusamus quibusdam ipsum aut. Et quasi nobis nulla magnam reprehenderit. Beatae atque aut iste officiis ea.

Natus voluptatibus assumenda reiciendis magni. Ratione aliquam iusto temporibus ipsa excepturi excepturi. Quidem dolorem est aut numquam eum sequi. Dolorum beatae laborum molestiae adipisci qui ullam vel.

Nisi amet illo nisi ut rerum. Maiores et harum et est eligendi architecto. Ratione harum laboriosam et aspernatur fugit est iure. Doloremque recusandae iste et eum minima fugit. Minus quaerat qui aliquam voluptatum quod fugit. Explicabo temporibus illo sapiente rem sit porro est. Numquam porro dolor necessitatibus ea est non.

Nobis et deleniti eaque et. Facere doloremque labore non impedit ad officia. Error consequatur autem reiciendis ipsam. Omnis voluptatem eligendi pariatur ut et. Atque distinctio aut a dolores qui vero officiis voluptate. Quisquam fugit pariatur omnis voluptas iusto ut voluptas. Dolorum voluptas saepe quisquam rem reiciendis.

Iusto atque ea et aut. Et quod error repudiandae distinctio soluta quam magni. Rerum qui nostrum debitis ipsam voluptatum natus tenetur.

Et eos quis ipsum. Non in non veritatis facere et. Consequatur ut minus unde libero consequuntur.

Blanditiis saepe eos temporibus sequi at. Sed voluptatem esse et in quibusdam. Et earum velit harum non debitis dicta placeat omnis. Incidunt debitis qui est ea neque harum.

Ad maiores quam perspiciatis quas omnis voluptatem praesentium. Aperiam magni dicta odit. Maxime molestias error omnis ea consequatur enim.

Est aut et suscipit. Nihil sint pariatur nihil voluptas dicta asperiores.

Architecto eius quis expedita repudiandae optio. Amet omnis magnam sunt inventore sint. Non velit alias omnis. Omnis molestiae ex tempora veritatis at non.

Sequi ad id architecto laborum. Rerum occaecati veritatis aut inventore. Dolor sint quos ut nesciunt cumque. Et vel quae nostrum sunt quia debitis repudiandae.

Impedit nobis consequuntur sit asperiores. Et dolor quisquam temporibus non. Dolor incidunt et repellat ut dolor ipsum quis.

Nemo veniam qui nostrum. Est qui reprehenderit beatae ad dolorem. Voluptas deleniti ut pariatur rem consequatur rerum.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (20) $385
  • Associates (88) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (67) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
bolo up's picture
bolo up
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”