Career Advice - Semi-target university with a 3.45 GPA

So I'm pretty new to this site. Used to check it from time to time but have been checking it a lot more as of recently. I am a rising senior looking for some career advice. I'll start with a quick summary of my specifics: attend a semi-target university, have a 3.45 GPA, spending my summer as an Asset Management intern at a small firm. I know the GPA isn't exactly ideal (it mainly the result of last semester, it was a 3.6 when I had a sickness in the family that had me distracted for a while) but that can't be changed so it is what it is now (should be back up this year but it might be too late for the interview processes). Also, I have no investment banking internships (have been working at a pharmacy to pay for school). I've been trying to prepare myself by reading textbooks on my own time to learn about IB and the Series 7 but thats not exactly something that falls into a category on a resume.

Is there anything extra I could still do so that my resume might at least look appealing for IB and I can at least secure some interviews and then go from there to show them my worth?

1 Comments
 

Totam suscipit explicabo et esse culpa est. Illum fugit ut libero reiciendis quidem non assumenda. Sequi ut et maiores ad natus.

Maxime explicabo itaque sit quia culpa. Odit minus odio vel ratione enim inventore veniam. Illo sunt qui et. Et odit dolores et et.

Get busy living

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
3
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
4
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
5
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
6
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
7
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
8
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
9
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
10
numi's picture
numi
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”