Ducera Partners: The elite boutique where associates earn up to $650k

Saw an article on efinancial careers today about Ducera's ridiculous comp for Analysts and Associates.

Worked across from these guys on a restructuring 2 years ago but have heard they are doing a lot of M&A and SA right now given the lack of activity in the RX market.

Can't post the article link in here for some reason on here but the article said comp is:

• Analyst 1: $110k base, $215k - $230k total comp

• Analyst 2: $125k base, $210k - $270k total comp

• Analyst 3: $140k base, $310k - $330k total comp

• Associate 1: $200k base, $430k - $490k total comp

• Associate 2: $225k base, $560k - $590k total comp

• Associate 3: $250k base, $620k - $650k total comp

Controversial

I'm guessing they attract lots of non-target hustlers willing to work their asses off because they believe money will solve all their problems. 

From my understanding, one of the partners/founders came from a non-target and cause of that they like to open themselves to non-core schools. Not to say they don't take targets but they like to pride themselves as a firm that finds diamonds in the rough. Smart people that may be overlooked because they don't have as polished of a background. Honestly I got a culture vibe close to the HLRX group.

Not sure where this comment is coming from, HL RX is very very focused on pedigree, analyst class is always 50% Wharton, and rest is like one kid max from MIT/Duke/Uva

Heard this place is hell on earth. Anyone have insight into hours? and if this comp is real?

Some of the the heaviest hours across any bank on wall street. Once spoke with an employee there who has since left because he couldn't bear the workload. He mentioned that juniors were always in the office with hours during the busiest weeks around 120-130 hours/week. 

I met a guy who left Ducera after 2 years to go to a shit tier bank as a 25 year old 3rd year analyst. I was shocked that he said he was an analyst because he had massive bags under his eyes, was really thin, and his hair looked like it was thinning out. I would've pegged the guy as in his 30s. Banking drains your life and Ducera does it the most.

I am not saying your friend didn't gain weight but,  I am calling BS on 25 lbs - 1 pound of fat is approximately 3500 cals. Over 10 weeks that would be ~1,250 cals a day - if 14 weeks ~900 a day.  

That is about equivalent to either running 7+ miles a day and then stopping 

or drinking a 6 pack of beer everyday

I am guessing that there is some split of less working out and an increasing bad diet - but 25 lbs is just a lot.  

1200 isn't a lot bro. If you started treating yourself to a shake & cookie from Shake Shack to get you through til 2AM+ every night then ur done for

Friend of a friend worked there. Comp was very high and they had great things to say about the culture. Tight-knit group that works and plays hard

seconded.  Heavy on technicals and long hours but high comp with interesting deals (passionate people about RX from what I've heard).

Find it funny how people on here go into IB then complain about the hours..what are you expecting?  Understand the mid/low tier firms (rayjay, piper sandler, baird, etc.) don’t get great flow/prestige at the deal level but why go into finance if you’re not willing to work the hours?

Greater question…but why is our generation so SOFT and not willing to work hard?

Had a friend there for two years. He became a shell of his former self - was constant 9-3/4 6 days a week. The light in his eyes was dark and only came back after he left.

Banking can obviously have tough hours, but Ducera is a notch above. Sure that sticker number looks great, but there’s a real trade off for it (i.e. your life).

Would strongly advise starting at another firm and test the waters if you have it in you. I’ll take the odds you’ll take the Analyst comp and WLB at another firm over Ducera once you realize $150-$190k p.a. with 80hrs on average is a whole different story than 90-110hrs and whatever they pay.

Most Helpful

Qui dolorum consequatur doloribus exercitationem et. Animi magni quia ex omnis dicta blanditiis nihil. Iste quibusdam consequatur quia voluptatem.

Necessitatibus nisi necessitatibus quo. Architecto molestiae et reprehenderit ut. Illo quas consectetur adipisci aspernatur fuga. Eius quia non eligendi aut omnis veniam molestiae nihil. Est quo accusantium error ab voluptatibus. Ut magnam consequatur perspiciatis velit ipsum. Autem eum laboriosam alias occaecati quas sit numquam.

Dolores sint alias sunt et. Repellat blanditiis est assumenda qui. Voluptatem ipsa placeat quae eligendi eos est optio. Dolorum fugit cumque similique dolorum autem. Aperiam enim delectus qui fugiat rerum qui omnis perspiciatis.

Eos eligendi reiciendis officiis dolores sint aspernatur. Quod est non assumenda reiciendis.

Autem omnis corrupti nesciunt et repellendus possimus consequuntur. Accusamus qui voluptas repellendus dignissimos sit qui est. Nihil nesciunt ullam blanditiis nam tenetur dolor culpa ipsa. Iusto esse et vitae autem natus illo voluptatum.

[Comment removed by mod team]

Sed nemo vitae ut beatae eveniet voluptas. Quae itaque in quidem. Nisi incidunt error harum fugit perferendis non. Quod alias ipsa voluptatem. Sapiente et odit voluptate officiis perferendis asperiores in voluptatem.

Sit molestiae quis enim dolor. Unde quo delectus unde dignissimos reprehenderit recusandae ducimus nam. In dolore porro et accusantium. Eos ullam occaecati assumenda ut neque ipsa.

Qui quia vel ullam nihil corrupti recusandae. Magni deleniti corrupti laudantium deleniti. Incidunt enim quia impedit accusamus eaque doloribus. Odit id aut iure voluptatem dolorum. Vel aut laboriosam ex at voluptas est quasi.

Aspernatur cum autem in. Ut dolores quas repudiandae voluptate atque sit inventore. In delectus cum architecto provident consectetur.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
kanon's picture
kanon
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
dosk17's picture
dosk17
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”