EBs compensation London 2021

Hi Monkeys,

There is plenty of reports on Analysts and Associates compensation at BBs in London (for example the ones published by Arkesden Partners, Dartmouth), but there is lack of information on compensation of Analysts at London's EBs (Centerview, PJT, PWP, Evercore, LAZ, Moelis).

Do you have any data points for A1, A2 and A3 at these places? What is the base and what is the mean bonus? (heard about maximum bonuses of 100%, but wondering what is the average?)

I am trying to compare the net income in the first 3 years at EB vs BB, acknowledging that:

• EBs are likely to pay more than American BBs (which pay more than European BBs)
  • EBs have 3 year Analyst programs compared to some of BBs, which introduced Associate 0 position
  • Living close to Mayfair is more expensive than living in CW (if one wants to live close to the office)

Your input would be appreciated!
 will try to update the OP with information provided by others.

Some London EBs pay up to £110k at the Analyst level like PJT. However, BBs usually provide better exit ops especially if you get into the better groups. Hours at EBs can also be worse due to lack of india back office for presentations/research. So it’s a trade off you have to make.

Yeah this is exactly right. It’s all about NPV of salary etc and what is known in the US as the Goldman discount - the boutiques are less attractive ito exits so need to pay top grads more to attract them. At the BBS you don’t muck around in ppt as much or do hours of research, it’s all outsourced, so there’s a double trade-off in my mind

1. Your base is higher than American BBs which means the (upper end) of the bonus will be as well (for the first two years). Won't comment on the 2020 bonus cycle (analysts) as I think this was an outlier though I need to see what the report says for this year

2. Once you get to Analyst 3, if you're benchmarking against GS / MS / the banks that have 2 year analyst programs, your base will be substantially lower (mid £60s for Analyst 3s vs £80s for the Associate 0s) but all in (assuming you get top bucket + the associate signing bonus) you should be higher. 

3. You don't have to live close to Mayfair. I wouldn't live in Canary Wharf as there's nothing to do over the weekends. Only issue with working in Mayfair is that with your dinner budget, there isn't really much to eat vs the City (think its better than Canary Wharf though) 

Laudantium architecto ipsum voluptate et. Officia et molestiae odio non. Sapiente modi omnis ut est maxime. Voluptas consequuntur quasi quam similique. Quos enim porro autem quod quaerat unde vero. Dolore perspiciatis et sit est est. Ullam sint inventore iusto quae cum.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
kanon's picture
kanon
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
numi's picture
numi
Kenny_Powers_CFA's picture
Kenny_Powers_CFA
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”