EB’s ranked by exits
From my experience, I think the exits from these firms rank as follows:
- Evercore and Lazard have the most widespread and established pipelines to UMM/MF. These firms have both become somewhat institutional, definitely don't have the same cultural feel as some of the smaller EBs. The tradeoff, however, is stronger exits overall.
- PJT RSSG is in a league of its own compared to other groups on the street. Analysts seem to exclusively exit to MF or distressed PE/HF.
- Moelis / PJT M&A
- Marginally worse exits than above. I think Moelis could arguably be placed in tier 1 but don't seem to have the same number of people in MF seats.
- PJT M&A similarly has great exits but truthfully haven't seen many MF placements.
- Younger EBs with weaker exits overall. Not a lot of MF placement and less established pipelines to firms across the street. Maybe it's because people tend to stay.
No longer in banking so interested to hear from anyone at these firms how their recent analyst classes have fared.
Anyone know anything about greenhill?
Mizuho is THE exit
You'll be fine coming from any EB
You mean Mizuho?
Rothschild, Lazard, PJT, Evercore, Moelis in that order
someone come get their intern
Can confirm - recent Rothschild class had exits to Bank of Israel, IMF, World Bank, and the World Economic Forum
This is a Lazard intern masquerading as a Rothschild troll
OP stated "EBs" -- Rothschild is not an EB.
the ranking is true for Europe but obviously not for the US
If you are in any of these EB groups you will prob get similar looks. Interview prep and getting good staffings is probably a bigger factor.
As someone who just left banking, anecdotally feel like Tier 1 goes PJT RSSG, EVR and Laz in that order
1a. PJT RSSG has pristine exits
1b. The top end of talent at EVR will have comparable exits to PJT RSSG (including top SM HF seats)
1c. Laz places pretty well on average - an analyst at Laz, on average, might have a better exit than the average EVR analyst into UMM/MF (maybe because of much smaller class size + self selection); the top tier of exits are also quite good, but feel like a tier below EVR in terms of MF placements
Itaque pariatur eveniet aliquam autem assumenda. Velit alias non nobis nostrum. Rerum fugit numquam aspernatur autem eum consectetur qui. Placeat provident pariatur iure totam molestias.
See All Comments - 100% Free
WSO depends on everyone being able to pitch in when they know something. Unlock with your email and get bonus: 6 financial modeling lessons free ($199 value)
or Unlock with your social account...