F100 to CB

I recently started a job at a F100 company in a division's FP&A team. My goal has been (for a while now) to eventually work in credit in some capacity, as I have credit internship experience but didn't land an offer in CIB/GCIB credit/Portfolio management in a number of BB's/balance sheet banks I've interviewed at. 

I took the FP&A role since I didn't really have FT employment since I graduated 2020 and wanted the decent paycheck and WFH capability in the meantime. From the feedback I received (when I could get it) after multiple final rounds, the hang-up always just seemed to be lack of FT experience but I almost always got good reviews on my technical/role knowledge and interviewers seemed to like me. 

I don't plan on applying to anything new for about a month or two, and my current management doesn't foresee a return to office until the New Year. Should I wait longer to start applying? Or should I stick with my plan of waiting a month or two and see if I can get something lined-up for after the new year? I'm also wondering if these types of teams take people year-round, it seemed when I was interviewing that they are always kind of looking for people especially how brutal it got over the past year and a half. 

Thank you for any advice.

2 Comments
 

Sed laudantium eveniet laboriosam dolor error laborum. Ut est quasi et. Corrupti sit et fugit mollitia placeat ullam consequuntur. Et sed quos adipisci soluta ratione aut.

Labore labore cumque in odio hic quis nemo. Commodi eum laudantium quia voluptatibus unde voluptatibus est. Labore nihil blanditiis sit delectus.

Career Advancement Opportunities

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Goldman Sachs 02 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (56) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
3
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
4
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
5
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
6
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
7
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
8
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
9
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
10
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”