IB/AM Transfer Advice for 2023?

Hello, I am a rising Sophomore at a complete non target in the northeast and plan on transferring in the fall of 2023. I've been looking at a ton of different schools to transfer too and cant really decide on which ones to actually apply to. For reference I have a 3.9, Varsity rowing (not sure if ill continue when I transfer), Macro TA, current RA and I teach a freshman introductory course for getting adjusted to college also studying abroad in the spring. Hoping this is enough when applying and I really want to get into AM or IB but preferably AM. Thinking of Emory, Vanderbilt, UNC, UT, UVA, Michigan, NYU Econ and Northwestern. Id be paying out of pocket so Id hope to get a decent scholarship and I heard emory/vandy match need pretty well. Any info is appreciated just not sure which school place best and what would be the most worth it as a transfer 

Never decide on your college based on how it will position you for what you think you want to do 2 years before you even graduate. Big mistake. Find a school like you like, challenges you, and has people you could see yourself becoming friends with and enjoy it. You will be able to do AM or IB from almost any known college, some just require you to network harder and market yourself more to stand out from the crowd. Hate hearing people wishing they went other schools or transferring because they think that’s why they can’t break in to tougher fields in finance. Some schools make a bit easier of an entrance into those fields, but that’s not to say if you find what you want to do and work very hard towards it that you are in an any cut off from the opportunities. Just my 2c, all great schools enjoy the ride

Most Helpful

Vel odio porro quia exercitationem. Voluptatem expedita tempora ipsa laboriosam harum temporibus aut labore. Nesciunt ut eos quae sapiente ullam voluptates nisi. Dolorem doloremque porro id est est qui.

Magnam facere omnis nemo fuga qui. Cumque aliquid quo voluptatem eius laboriosam autem. Et saepe rem voluptatem dolores est ut ut. Modi sed et recusandae omnis non et.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (20) $385
  • Associates (88) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (67) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
bolo up's picture
bolo up
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”