J.P Morgan 2020 London, Investment Banking, New Analyst Program.

Hey there, So I recently applied for the new analyst program; Investment Banking division . I completed my Pymetrics and also finished my Hirevue. Want to get some insights from you all, about whats going on in your applications.

54 Comments
 

Hey prashanthpoduval, I'm the WSO Monkey Bot and I'm here since nobody responded to your thread! Bummer...could just be time of day or unlucky (or the question/topci is too vague or too specific). Maybe one of these topics will help:

If those topics were completely useless, don't blame me, blame my programmers...

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.
 

Hey, did you find any updates on your account? for me the the job posting date kept changing. It changed thrice till today . Is this some kind of Indicator ?

 

for Germany, yes (no FT /processapplication for Frankfurt) for London, they will probably have some free spots (IBD) but probably less than usual

@paneuropeanmonkey lower conversion rates was primarily for S&T, associate level - not sure about IBD SA

 

Friends of mine were invited to ACs but for other divisions. Hadn't heard anything for IB. I applied early September and I am still "under consideration". Any news?

 

Same here, but I applied towards the end of September. From what I understand by reading other discussion's is on average they could take 3 months to respond. People who applied in July got their invites for Superday in October.

 

nothing yet, application is now also closed even though deadline was end of november; so i guess they review all apps at once and then invited to the few AC they have (if any)

 

Hey everyone! In the aforementioned comments it was pointed out that the applications are now closed, but as I logged into my application today ; it still shows JOB STATUS: ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS. Any idea when there would be a subsequent update on our profiles ?

 
Most Helpful

Hey Guys,

I was Summer Analyst this year in London and the conversion rate was indeed just 30-50% and even 0% for some teams. HR told me that they don't hire any FT even if not all SA with offer accept (cost they plan to cut the volume hiring they made the last years). Just if a significant amount of SA don't accept they will maybe run 1 AC. That is why you all didn't hear back yet. For any other infos regarding JPM you can just PM me :)

 

Okay! So let's think this through rationally J.P Morgan makes us go through the ordeal of taking the Pymetrics exam followed by a video interview. Just to send us a rejection letter. I don't find that very plausible. Feel free to correct me on this one.

 

they probably opened-up the application doors if they decide to hold an AC; they dont know how many SA accept their offers in August so it is best practice to have a back-up candidate pool for FT.

 

Sorry! I am not as informed as you are, but the the purpose of this thread is to keep people posted about what is going on at the moment. If you aren't comfortable feel free to LEAVE and please take that holier than thou attitude along with you. Thanks.

 

Try to apply next year again as this year is not going to happen, I am sorry. As I have explained above. Or try to apply for the SA program

 

Hey everyone ! Thanks for opening my eyes to the fact that there won’t be any FT roles this time around. I came off as overly optimistic, but thanks again everyone for all the help.

 

Hello everyone!

I too have applied for this internship along with a few others JPM were offering. I applied to one internship that i wasn't particularly interested in just to test the water so to speak so I could use it to get a feel for the process and treat it as almost my practice go. I completed the Pymetrics test aswell as the HireView video interview questions and received confirmation emails for those.

That "test" application was rejected unsurprisingly. The status on the J.P Morgan careers page is now "no longer under consideration". I can confirm that I received a confirmation email telling me I was unsuccessful.

However, as for the three other internships I have applied for three of which are still "Under Consideration" and another "Application Reviewed". I have not yet received an email from JP Morgan since they notified me about the failure of my "test" application. I have been trying to find out more information on the process but cant find any solid information.

Any updates from anyone else?

James

 

Hello everyone!

I too have applied for this internship along with a few others JPM were offering. I applied to one internship that i wasn't particularly interested in just to test the water so to speak so I could use it to get a feel for the process and treat it as almost my practice go. I completed the Pymetrics test aswell as the HireView video interview questions and received confirmation emails for those.

That "test" application was rejected unsurprisingly. The status on the J.P Morgan careers page is now "no longer under consideration". I can confirm that I received a confirmation email telling me I was unsuccessful.

However, as for the three other internships I have applied for three of which are still "Under Consideration" and another "Application Reviewed". I have not yet received an email from JP Morgan since they notified me about the failure of my "test" application. I have been trying to find out more information on the process but cant find any solid information.

Any updates from anyone else?

James

 

Dolores aliquam minima ea molestias consequatur itaque. Sed molestias minima iusto repellat temporibus in sunt. Perspiciatis voluptatem nihil optio non aut voluptas esse amet. Et est inventore consequatur id voluptatem.

Nisi nihil officiis nemo quos quo qui. Est odio laudantium esse neque itaque quia aut a. Veritatis neque sit rerum ab et hic consequatur. Omnis esse voluptatibus laudantium rerum amet dolores. Quasi vel veniam unde ex dolorem error deleniti.

 

Animi saepe ipsam harum. Ut sint aperiam est molestiae blanditiis. Facilis nobis soluta voluptates et quia eos.

Iure eaque repellendus tempora accusantium quasi rem voluptatem. Excepturi est ut voluptas qui earum deserunt. Aut expedita facere tenetur dolor. Iure consequatur porro voluptatem accusamus laborum quasi. Vel assumenda dignissimos est et laboriosam. Corporis vitae dolorem eligendi ab aut.

Vel error id rerum id quia. Earum iusto ea nemo repellat nisi. Sed eaque quis rem quasi ut. Necessitatibus est sunt et vel et nostrum inventore. Numquam pariatur cum voluptatem voluptatum.

Sed cupiditate qui qui harum rerum et. Quidem perspiciatis quia unde illo. Necessitatibus dolor placeat libero itaque sed quibusdam.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (56) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
3
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
4
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
5
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
6
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
7
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
8
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
9
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
10
bolo up's picture
bolo up
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”