London Investment Banking Compensation 2022

Lot of data on US Salaries, but looking to see what my peers are getting paid in london at different shops?

Currently A1 at HSBC 66k - trying to find out if im underpaid :(

Street is c.65k so your in line with market - have HSBC recently raised A1?

Did you come to HSBC laterally? I'm getting 60 whats going on...

Same. Maybe included the signing bonus?

Or they pay lateral A1s 66k to make up for the fact they didn't get the signing bonus?

Arkensden report is out and has exact 2022 figures for BBs so just Google it.

not IB but MM HFs training programs are around 100k base

Would you mind providing a link? Can't find it on their website.

Yep and a higher salary won't matter much if bonuses are miserable (as they were at many banks this year)

Lol 60k??? I knew salaries in LND were bad, but this is nuts

The compensation in London compared to NYC has become just ridiculous. At this point an A2 in NYC makes more money than most associates in London.

To put some perspective, London analyst salaries are closer to NY-based McDonalds employees than to their NYC counterparts.

I'm sure the 80h work week is justified by having Croatia as a feasible holiday destination. 

Also the healthcare sucks.

For the 10 millionth time stop coping, it is clearly a way worse deal than NYC

UK PWP current A1 is 70, haven’t heard this figure around

Weird, an incoming A1 told me he'd get 85k... maybe he BS

Was going to say London pay was bad and make jokes but after looking at what you can rent for what I am currently paying in a shitty studio in Midtown Manhattan, I want to move to London desperately now. These apartments will set you back USD5000 to USD10K at least in my neighborhood and they'll not come furnished plus you get a mob of murderous homeless people around causing trouble with the occasional slashing or shooting. Currently paying 2800pm for a beyond shitty walk up apartment with roaches and a crime problem.

Why are we living like this in NYC??

both in "bad" locations tho... You won't find the same for the same price in other areas

I've lived in London in my youth those are quite comparable to Midtown Manhattan, which is a "good area" in NYC. One of them is literally in Canary Wharf which is like Hudson Yards over here. I'm guessing you're one of those people that only think good areas are South Kensington, Belgravia and any other place with a lot of royalty living there, which there is nothing wrong with just different tastes and I prefer a younger more urban crowd.

Canary Wharf is similar to Hudson Yards here and an average person would gasp if you told them you lived there so calling it a bad neighborhood isn't true at least to me. 

You can't even find apartments like that in the bronx (an actual bad neighborhood) for that price and you're basically guaranteed to witness at least one shooting living there and if you do find one you'll probably have to pay USD10K+ to move in. I had to pay 7500 to move into my apartment that is around the same price. 

Mollitia sit rerum deserunt non voluptatem sint. Exercitationem sit eum est dicta eum sit. Fuga unde ullam beatae sint quia. Ullam et ea unde qui recusandae enim quas.

Deleniti nihil quis aperiam quidem. Deserunt quod recusandae qui. Explicabo eos similique sint aperiam eos culpa ex aspernatur.

Pariatur nesciunt reprehenderit ratione tenetur sed eum. Quidem et hic deleniti velit facere. Quasi accusamus amet laborum illo veniam qui velit. Voluptas eum in dolorem est aut non. Consequuntur quo ut eum doloremque amet expedita harum.

Qui ut voluptatum incidunt. Quidem mollitia iure est aut. Qui ea officia quis cum quia.

London Sponsors M&A - EB

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”