97 Comments
 

Is their NYC office any good? It would suck if Atlanta is their best office

 

According to some people on WSO, 2nd-year analysts cleared 200k this year all in. Wouldn't consider that below street at all.

 
Controversial

Lol pretty laughable. As someone who spent 2.5 years there, that’s 100% a troll. Truist is notoriously cheap, it’s all about their loan ROE. If you think a place like Truist that can barely get a M&A mandate, paid over 100% bonuses compared to base (it was 80,85,90 for base when I was there for analysts 1-3, and yes they force all analysts to do 3 years) you’re going to be pretty disappointed come bonus time after you spent an entire year working on mostly pitches and internal work (credit memos and client planning!). Last I spoke with the guys who I know that were associates they were all upset earlier in the year that bonuses came in light after a busy year (typical STRH/Truist), so have a hard time believing that changed in 6 months for the analysts. On top of that BB&T culture was even more conservative than legacy STRH was, and basically had 0 experience in true IB and was more of a retail bank so it’s not like with the merger the culture around costs/pay have changed and swung the other direction, if anything they are even more focused on being conservative and cutting costs. Then you factor in all the restructuring that happened and cost cutting after the merger, it’s just not in their culture to pay like that. I mean when I was there during COVID, they didn’t even allow analysts to expense dinners. One analyst tried it and the junior bankers got a blast email from a higher up in IB saying no one should be expensing dinners and that it’s a luxury/gift for you when you are in the office but you are at home so just cook dinner for yourself. They were like the last bank to finally change their stance on that lol wouldn’t even pay $20 dinners to analysts.

I don’t want to be overly negative as it wasn’t all bad at STRH/Truist, I enjoyed the people I worked with and made some great friends, but I’m trying to prevent some college kid who reads they pay analysts over $200K from some troll and then is disappointed when his first year bonus doesn’t even hit 50% of his base and all he’s worked on his capital raising deals and credit memos.

 

I think it may open back up, last year they didn't close until September and I have contacts at Truist and they never mentioned application opening or closing this early. 

 

I heard that was for an accelerated select group of people. Regular applications don't open till August and interview in the fall. 

 

Regular pool already opened and closed I believe, atleast that’s what I applied to bc it said nothing abt diversity.

Anyone get word for first rounds yet ?

 

Had mine yesterday too. Haven't heard anything yet, but first rounds finish today so hopefully we'll hear back soon.

 

Have not heard anything. They said we would know within two weeks. It's been a week. First offers prob went out Saturday, and I assume they have a week to respond. The next round of offers will prob be out this Sat. And they'll get a week. And then if there are any spots left then maybe a third round of offers next Saturday and that will prob be it. I'm assuming that anyone who hasn't heard back is likely on a waitlist. Unless you got direct rejection. 

 

Id rerum et ullam corporis qui voluptate voluptates sunt. Laudantium et earum explicabo blanditiis dolor. Eum iure quis nihil.

Consequatur voluptatem consectetur dicta sed deserunt repudiandae. Et commodi sint ex similique molestias possimus placeat. Harum minus sit alias possimus dolores eos. Quo laudantium eveniet nostrum architecto harum.

 

Vel doloribus voluptas ullam quos. Et occaecati est in. Saepe corrupti sunt vitae ut qui commodi quidem dolorem.

Eaque id vel maiores odit nulla tempora laborum. Assumenda reiciendis et id et ducimus eos doloremque. Deserunt laudantium repellat libero enim est.

Ut voluptas velit veritatis consequuntur sunt quas sit. Natus dolores dolorem quas mollitia maiores ullam impedit. Consequatur non consectetur sequi cupiditate.

Maiores doloremque consectetur ad fugiat ut incidunt ullam recusandae. Omnis iusto non aliquid rerum minima non libero.

 

Est rem suscipit et non. Similique ipsa cupiditate nam unde molestiae molestias eos aut.

Sed libero vel qui consequatur eum et. Nihil eligendi nam sed natus eos. Autem quasi harum laborum consequatur. Asperiores et occaecati pariatur reprehenderit.

Quia ut voluptatem ullam animi omnis fugiat qui. Tempora natus qui voluptatibus nisi omnis beatae. Sed necessitatibus sint sunt dolorem est. Quia maiores aperiam nisi.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
3
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
4
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
5
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
6
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
7
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
8
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
9
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
10
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”