Full-time Recruiting for 2025 Grads

Hi all,

Wanted to start a forum for some Qs I had about full time recruiting for a 2025 graduation date. For basic info:

• Target t10 school, STEM/Econ dual degree, 3.9+ GPA

• first year VC experience, second year startup (biotech) work, third year still deciding (either HF or VC, as I was unsure about IB at this point last year and did not do SA recruiting)

• Network is some analysts across the board (from middle market to EB), some MDs at EBs, and some ex-VPs/MDs at BBs, but I'm working on actively expanding this still!

• ECs include biomedical research, other biotech startup work, health inequality research, Econ Club, working on forming a VC club, among other smaller things (probably all less relevant)

I wanted to know what the process and timeline is like when recruiting full-time for IB, specifically in EBs and BBs, and what the likelihood for finding a position is (given the SA conversion rate). As for EBs, I go to a target that has many EBs doing on-campus recruiting, but I have gotten info mostly about SA recruiting, not full-time. If anybody could provide some insight as to general timeline and advice for full-time recruiting, I'd be super appreciative! Thanks for your time in advance!

Hey there,

Based on the most helpful WSO content, full-time recruiting for Investment Banking roles typically starts after the summer internship period. Many firms tend to fill their full-time positions with their summer interns, but there are always spots left by those who don't get return offers or didn't accept theirs.

The timeline can be quite fast-paced. For instance, one user mentioned that banks went into a full sprint during the first and second week following return offers. They received their return offer on a Friday morning, and by the following Monday, they had already sent emails informing their contacts of their full-time offer. They had informal calls with several bankers and received an informal superday invite. Their first superday was with their top choice bank/group on Thursday of that week, and they received the offer Monday morning.

As for the likelihood of securing a position, it can be challenging, especially if you're not coming in through the summer analyst pipeline. However, your strong academic background, relevant work experience, and networking efforts should put you in a good position.

Remember, networking is key in this process. Start reaching out to your contacts, let them know you're interested in full-time opportunities, and ask for their advice. Also, keep an eye on the firms' career pages for any full-time positions that may open up.

Good luck with your journey! Remember, it's a jungle out there, but as your friendly guide, I'm here to help you navigate it.

Sources: Full-time non-SA IB recruiting timeline? Summer 2020 PE Internship → Investment Banking Analyst, Full Time Recruiting, IBD FULL TIME RECRUTIING 2018

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.

Nisi expedita voluptatibus placeat. Adipisci ipsam et perspiciatis ratione. Aliquid maiores ducimus alias aut earum unde eos. Ipsam aliquid porro itaque consequuntur veritatis quidem nobis.

Cumque harum et et sed itaque sapiente. Aut dolore id facere nulla maiores ut eos.

Dolores modi quia veniam quos. Alias quaerat qui voluptas velit excepturi. Ut expedita mollitia aliquid iste. Eos amet animi voluptate deleniti. Dolore dignissimos molestiae odit necessitatibus veniam error.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
bolo up's picture
bolo up
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”