HELP!! OFFER AT RISK :(
I am graduating this June with a signed offer at a boutique.
But I am most likely taking the rest of the year off and pushing my graduation back to 2023. This is because a family member is suffering from COVID/health complications and my mental health has taken a hit as a result. Semester has been rough, and I don’t feel ready to go into workforce, let alone banking.
Good news: the same office I am talking about is still hiring summer interns. Do you think they’ll let me come in as an intern instead of FT, or will they renege on me because they think I’m bullshitting? Should I use another excuse? How do I navigate this?
Thanks guys, anything helps :)
I had thkihnt out a whole response but then at end saw Middle East is your location. Sorry bud i doubt there would be many intelligent contributions keeping that in mind here because the work culture, expectations and how things generally work Must be entirely different there from the US
As above said, I don't know anything about how things work in the ME. What you're describing sounds like a good idea. If you have decided/know that you will graduate in '23, I guess starting FT in 22 is ruled out. So your options toward this boutique are to either (1) switch to the SA or (2) postpone your FT. What you're risking with (1) is just that you won't get the SA, but you can still find work for the summer and taking it off is not too bad either. With (2), it's that you won't have a FT role lined up for graduation in ~18 months which is not bad at all unless it is a job you're super stoked about. I have lots of unexpected changes to my internships and studies and it always works out in the end. If you lose this, you'll find something else. With more time to look, you'll become interested in other places, and you'll be going into recruiting more prepared. I think there's a good chance you'll get the SA too if you present it in a good way and you don't wait too long, but that's just my guess.
Thank you! I’m not in the ME haha I just made this throwaway account. Do you have any recommendations on how to frame my situation in a good way? I’m thinking just the standard stuff “due to extenuating circumstances…still interested in pursuing banking” etc.
Placeat quis in excepturi iusto doloremque necessitatibus. Voluptatum dolorum unde error perspiciatis qui aut sed. Animi mollitia sunt atque exercitationem iure sunt. Voluptate ut quidem ipsa vel vel nihil molestiae. Voluptate amet deleniti blanditiis qui. A pariatur provident et assumenda eos.
Rerum rerum nihil est qui et. Aut libero et impedit deleniti natus laborum. Iure debitis eveniet dolores dolores nihil nihil id. Iusto accusamus corrupti magni debitis id.
Quia recusandae veritatis ea quisquam optio. Voluptate sunt magni quia harum. Nisi totam velit suscipit et quas ducimus. Animi consequatur sit nemo et. Quia eveniet sint asperiores sit et. Rerum exercitationem ut corporis consequatur magnam iusto similique.
Dicta quisquam itaque delectus blanditiis non. Dolore architecto laborum animi ut tempore ipsa voluptas.
See All Comments - 100% Free
WSO depends on everyone being able to pitch in when they know something. Unlock with your email and get bonus: 6 financial modeling lessons free ($199 value)
or Unlock with your social account...