IRS Targeted in 9/11-Style Attack?

This is pretty hard to believe, and details are spotty, but it looks like a guy set his house on fire and then flew his private plane into the IRS building in Austin, Texas. The building is on the flight path, so it is still currently ruled an "accident", but it looks like a deliberate attack on the building.

A few people were hurt, but none killed (thankfully). I'm wondering why this nutjob didn't wait for April 15th.

My cousin works next door. A couple people were hurt, no word on casualties yet, though. The guy stole the plane. Please EB - no more links to foxnews. Anything but foxnews.

Follow me on insta @FinancialDemigod

AssociateGuerilla:
My cousin works next door. A couple people were hurt, no word on casualties yet, though. The guy stole the plane. Please EB - no more links to foxnews. Anything but foxnews.

Come on...who honestly cares, I like the opinion shows on Fox- not really the "real" news but that because they cannot get good anchors. They are regarded as the most trusted- as evidenced by an impartial Gallup poll.

I have to admit, that with no deaths and 2 injuries, this essentially was the dumbest thing that I have ever witnessed. The guy is going to kill himself, why harm a bunch of people that probably didn't even file the return. Honestly, this dude obviously was unbalanced- not just in his insane lies on his taxes- but the "manifesto" too. I am no fan of the IRS, but hurting a bunch of people that are working for little pay, in a crappy office to provide for their families- who probably do not like the IRS any more that he does....not smart at all.

Drudge Report is awesome.

Reality hits you hard, bro...

This better not delay my tax return

-------------------------------------------------------- "I do not think there is any other quality so essential to success of any kind as the quality of perseverance. It overcom

ihatetaxes:
Edmundo Braverman:
I'm wondering why this nutjob didn't wait for April 15th.

Because he would be stuck in line till 11:59pm at the USPS store.

Great point.

Best Response

Yikes:

I know I’m hardly the first one to decide I have had all I can stand. It has always been a myth that people have stopped dying for their freedom in this country, and it isn’t limited to the blacks, and poor immigrants. I know there have been countless before me and there are sure to be as many after. But I also know that by not adding my body to the count, I insure nothing will change. I choose to not keep looking over my shoulder at “big brother” while he strips my carcass, I choose not to ignore what is going on all around me, I choose not to pretend that business as usual won’t continue; I have just had enough.

I saw it written once that the definition of insanity is repeating the same process over and over and expecting the outcome to suddenly be different. I am finally ready to stop this insanity. Well, Mr. Big Brother IRS man, let’s try something different; take my pound of flesh and sleep well.

Joe Stack (1956-2010)

This guy reminds me of the born loser. If he would have stopped fighting the currents, he would have gone further in life.

First - if engineering isn't paying what he wanted or needed, he should have moved on to something else.

Second - $10,000 is pretty steep for not filing a return. I am under the impression that the penalty is the greater of $100 or taxes owed + 10%.

Third - Who moves across country without a job lined up already? The fact that he didn't make any money because he moved to a city that would not pay him adequately is his own fault.

Fourth - How in the hell is a piano a business asset? It sounds like Mr. Stack was trying to buck the system. I know engineers and none of them have pianos as business assets. Pretty sure its not a business necessity for anyone other than music teachers, musical instrument sales, etc. But what do I know? I can't even play a piano, and I sure don't have room for one in my office and/or house.

Fifth - I'm sure Mr. Stack managed to harm the exact people that caused him grief (which I believe most was self inflicted) and that there were no husbands, fathers, sons, daughters, sisters, mothers, etc. in that building that were only there because they wanted a job to provide for themselves and their families and had nothing to do with his situation.

What a creep and a nut job.

Qui recusandae modi voluptatem quo eligendi et. Qui harum molestias dolores. Fugit qui rem eos sit dicta et.

Voluptatum porro dicta eveniet. Et inventore veniam natus pariatur. Quaerat qui quis nulla consectetur incidunt laboriosam blanditiis ipsam.

Esse asperiores sunt exercitationem quo eum odio voluptatem. Iusto sit aliquid ipsam inventore eius officiis. Soluta eos et aut et. Aut illum sit minus et. Quia consequuntur repudiandae est ullam. Sit enim praesentium consequatur aliquid.

Nobis consequatur et aliquid reiciendis. Ut illo sequi autem sed dolores quisquam et. Harum quo voluptatum alias omnis dolor sapiente quod. Quos neque dolorem perferendis. Dicta fugit quasi eum dolorem a.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Lazard Freres No 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 18 98.3%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (20) $385
  • Associates (90) $259
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (67) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
kanon's picture
kanon
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
Kenny_Powers_CFA's picture
Kenny_Powers_CFA
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”