2018 FT/Off-cycle London Recruiting Timeline Megathread

UPDATED AS OF 10/01/2018

Title says it all - the 2018 FT IB mainly covers the US schools so I thought I'd start one for London ones.

BBs:
Goldman: Closed (apparently had to attend an August networking invite, apparently offers are out NEW: IBD sent out Hire vues a few weeks ago)
JPM: Open - received email saying that my application was under consideration now lol
MS: Closed (early bird closed 31st July 2017, someone has said that recruiting is over, OFF-CYCLE/SA News: Seems like last AC is this Sat, if they don't find enough candidates, they'll open another one)
DB: Open, someone has an offer
CS: Closed - apps have been reviewed (but post submission it says that they'll only review in November???)
UBS: Open (rejected for FT post video interview already)
Barclays: Full, but apparently opened their FT apps (rejected for FT post second online test already)
Citi: Open (someone's been rejected for Off-cycle already, already interviewing for FT (IBD and CMO (AC)) and off-cycle NEW (CMO's done, IBD apps still under consideration but head count is mid-high single digits)

Wells Fargo: M&A analyst was available but now it's gone

EBs:
Moelis: Open (Online tests handed out), First Rounds 20th Oct, Final Rounds week of 30th Oct
Evercore: Closed (networking invites sent, networking rejections sent as well (28 September 2017), phone interviews are out, DARTMOUTH REACHED OUT AND SAID IT WAS CLOSED)
PWP: Closed (full intern class conversion - CONFIRMED RECEIVED EMAIL FROM HR)
PJT: Open / Closed (comments below says its closed, converted 5 of 6 interns, poached a few from other banks, no confirmations yet)
Centreview: closed (networking invites out, AC invites out (11/10/2017)
Houlihan Lokey: Open? summers + off-cycles
Lazard: Open (Hand an AC 28th Sept)
Rothschild: Closed (phone interviews are out, offers out as well)

Others
Gleacher: closed (all positions filled)
Jefferies: Closed
Commerzbank: Not available
RBC: Closed (recruitment complete)
Mizuho: Closed
MUFG: Closed
BMO Capital Markets: Tried applying got referred to a FT app (not grad)
HSBC: No FT this year -> need to apply for internship (off-cycle) (did test on the 6th, received pass on the 20th, still under consideration (October 16th?????), 1st AC completed, offers are out)
DC Advisory: Closed (1st Rounds done, 2nd rounds done, AC done)
RBS
Robert W. Biard: N/A
Nomura: Open (ACs are on going as of 11/10/2017)
BNP: Closed
Soc Gen: No info
Natixis: Opens in April

Can anyone confirm DB, CS, Lazard and Evercore do not have an off-cycle programme?

For CS, I know there is the Autumn analyst programme, but it starts in a couple of weeks and recruiting has been over for almost a year, so it is not really an off-cycle.

Best Response

Created new account to preserve anonymity. Here's what I know:

BBs: Goldman: if you didnt attend the networking event in August for current summer interns at other banks, don't expect to hear back. They're progressing with people from that event only, with only 2-3 spots to recruit for. JPM: begins in November, usually very few spots. MS: full, application opened and closed in July, recruited maybe 1-2. Others: higher chances, rolling basis.

EBs: Evercore: networking invites already out for shortlisted candidates. PWP: full from intern class conversion. PJT: full, whoever said non-rolling basis is simply wrong, think they converted 5 out of 6 interns, already poached a few from outside as well.

Best bets for those who do not have offers yet is to aim for MM and lower BB firms.

FT recruiting is extremely quick and competitive, as in the US. Expect to compete with candidates who already interned at multiple banks, with return offers. London is extremely competitive these days with fewer hiring needs and lower headcounts.

Thanks mate - sorry about the PJT thing - heard it from another forum.

What do the EBs look for? BB exp?

For Goldman - was there an event? Couldn't find it. I know Citi had one.

CS also doesn't really recruit FT right (most of them are from Intern conversions)

MS: You're referring to the early bird program right? Who did they fill up with?

Array

Just to clarify

PJT rolling for FT. SA apps are indeed non-rolling, no one will be looking at them for a few more weeks. I think you read that on thestudentroom? Info on there is quite accurate.

Goldman event did take place, on a Tuesday of August, can't remember exactly which date though. A bunch of interns across the City came to meet GS people. There was an application for it and you had to be invited to attend.

CS I don't know for sure so won't comment. MS filled their spots already.

For a lot of banks, even though there is no current need, there is still an online posting so that they have a pool of CVs to look at in case someone rescinds their acceptances, which happens more than you can imagine.

EBs tend to recruit quite selectively too. Most of them are from target schools from my networking efforts. At the highest level EBs like PJT, Evercore, Lazard, Centerview, people usually have cross offers from BBs.

Just to update this thread in case anyone has been following.

Got an offer from a BB. Deadline to sign is quite near and I don't think I can get anything better. Pretty sure GS / MS are done, unless someone reneges (who would?!). There has been at least 1 AC for JPM FT and offers have been given out as well.

An observation during this process for anyone currently recruiting FT or might be doing so in the future. For all BBs, since FT is structured into teams, if you're coming from outside the intern pool, expect poor group placement. Interns at good groups usually come back and if not, the slots go to high-performing previous interns at other groups. My group is quite bad considering exits / PE placements but nothing else you can do. JPM offers went out to Capital Markets, Real Estate, etc.

With EBs, all groups do very well, as they do not cover areas where they don't have extensive expertise. But to gain a spot, likely you have to be extremely qualified, as I've seen the top people ending up at these places, with cross-offers at other places.

MMs are where most of the positions are available. From my contact at Jefferies and RBC, a lot of interns did not get a return offer, and those who did, some decided not to come back so they have a large class to fill.

Best of luck!

Congrats mate - thanks for all your input and best of luck in the future. Hope you can stick around to give us more insight if you have nothing to do hahahaha.

For JPM, how does one get selected for the FT AC spot (or even progress to first round interviews?) You previously mentioned that the process doesn't start till Nov.

On a side note, can you take a look at my CV (if you have time of course) to see what I'm lacking? Would like some clarity on this matter.

Further insight into EB's - if you want to join them you'd have to do a summer analyst stint there (as you previously mentioned). I think Evercore, Lazard and Rothschild are the only EB, that hires FTs (maybe Centreview..?)

On a side note, looks like it's back to school for me

popping by MS's London event on the 12th to ask about the FT process, Goldman HR has said that they haven't even started considering yet...

Array

Thanks. Regarding JPM, I was told November as well by HR but apparently Oxbridge gets different treatment. Sad truth.

CV wise, sure, happy to.

For EBs, I think you can see them for yourself possibly on LinkedIn and don't take my words for it. Before the summer internship this year, I went on LinkedIn and used my free premium trial to see the backgrounds of FT people at EBs. Moelis and PWP rarely hires outside the intern pool, almost every analysts there come from the internship. Evercore hires the most from other firms. Centerview has the usual 3-4 spots, HL (the good group, Restructuring) has literally 1 spot every year, sometimes they don't even hire. PJT is so unpredictable as it heavily depends on whether they managed to find extremely good interns the year before. Lazard and Rothschild have sizeable intakes.

This may not be the right place to post,but I didn't want to open another thread. Has anyone applied to MS Networking Drinks for German Speakers? Heard back from them? or went to this event in the last years?

my MS early bird, JPM and GS (all for London) applications say it is 'received' and not under review yet. does this mean they wont get reviewed and no way i am even getting a first round? seriously guys wtf?! then what's the use of applying!? i have attended networking events that needed invites at all three firms for the past two years so i am so confused.

Hello everybody,

I have been invited to the psychometric assessments of Macquarie for the Graduate Program in London and I have done them on Friday. If successful, I should be invited to the AC. Does anibody know how long it takes to have an answer?

Many thanks!!!

Quae cum eum commodi quas iure deserunt. In dolorem in ut debitis. Id blanditiis eligendi facilis quibusdam labore.

Perferendis tenetur illo quam veniam. Eos est nulla fugit voluptates et. Aspernatur perspiciatis vel dolor non voluptatem sunt saepe. Autem laboriosam et sit consectetur iusto facere. Qui et aut at est deleniti.

Doloribus voluptatum et id voluptatem dolorum a in. Deserunt sequi pariatur eius eveniet illum est. Laborum sit rem ea adipisci. Ut incidunt repellat dolorum delectus laborum corrupti et. Dignissimos minus occaecati quia suscipit provident ipsa. Quos iusto corrupti quis. Aspernatur amet dolor veniam doloribus sequi consequatur.

Array

Ad odio repudiandae possimus voluptas autem et. Aliquid beatae veniam id fugit molestias. Nisi maxime quis doloremque animi est aliquam ipsa. Enim nemo est quas qui ratione. Quasi voluptates eaque rerum consequuntur optio.

Fuga voluptatem recusandae occaecati perspiciatis ut numquam. Provident aliquid possimus et voluptatem soluta. Enim accusantium ipsam nemo molestiae. Qui ea hic magnam necessitatibus voluptatibus sapiente reiciendis neque. Non ullam natus delectus ut. Qui veniam unde necessitatibus voluptatem nisi.

Sed nisi amet voluptates quae et possimus ut distinctio. Sunt omnis quia omnis temporibus porro necessitatibus est. Voluptas saepe quibusdam id. Libero quia ea vitae quia voluptates suscipit. Officiis neque quia labore excepturi.

Repudiandae laboriosam deserunt dolores consequuntur. Eum blanditiis vel eum odit dolore distinctio alias. Ut mollitia maiores dolor ut quia velit.

Vitae aliquam error possimus temporibus ut autem magni dolorem. Voluptatem ipsa molestiae itaque fugiat exercitationem eos. Officiis ea amet voluptatibus distinctio.

Iure itaque delectus eligendi quam iusto ut nesciunt rerum. Amet non blanditiis at beatae.

Et sapiente nesciunt ut doloremque consequatur doloremque. Consequatur modi non eveniet. Eos atque dolorem voluptatem sit dolor omnis ab. Pariatur reiciendis quam magni nobis repudiandae libero. Eum nostrum nihil sed corporis quia perspiciatis quia.

Array

Molestiae et cum qui vel nihil. Sed accusamus omnis distinctio nam et consequatur aut. Culpa ea mollitia neque itaque voluptatum. Quia voluptatem inventore placeat pariatur sunt. Unde molestiae ea aperiam sed. Incidunt odio fugiat tempore labore quod et ut. Qui vero consectetur ea velit.

In officia provident dignissimos voluptatibus voluptatem. Numquam qui sit quia distinctio. Nisi dolores consequuntur iste ad.

Animi aut quas quaerat sint. Laudantium molestiae nostrum voluptas ab repellendus. Qui nisi voluptatibus unde sequi qui omnis. Dolorem eveniet quam sequi nihil ut mollitia nihil. Et libero voluptate deleniti est incidunt maxime aspernatur. Voluptas voluptatem itaque aspernatur ea.

Dolorum et fuga omnis officiis rem aut fuga. Aliquam ea blanditiis neque ea porro assumenda. Saepe amet sit ad amet sequi repellendus.

Eos ut ipsa quidem est. Sit possimus inventore numquam ea. Ut placeat repellendus consequatur laboriosam sit nihil quis doloremque. Commodi officia rerum in eum perspiciatis. Nostrum et qui et sapiente at sint. Odit sapiente ad doloribus in maxime. Qui consequatur inventore iusto nisi nesciunt voluptatem.

Porro quis praesentium ut provident sit expedita doloremque. Repudiandae dolorem odio magnam incidunt ut. Sed provident id dignissimos. Mollitia alias velit nulla. Amet dolores possimus qui porro delectus.

Adipisci voluptatem incidunt non omnis sint est ea ducimus. Quaerat recusandae eum sapiente qui molestias. Quia voluptas est amet. Natus officia impedit aperiam adipisci consequatur qui.

Minima enim odio doloremque voluptas qui eos illo. Expedita quas alias ea. Excepturi quo et eum dolor. Dolor id aliquid aut debitis aut qui consequatur. Et consequuntur dolor eum ab qui temporibus.

Delectus non perferendis voluptatem harum possimus. Atque quibusdam fugiat magnam expedita. Incidunt vel est quo et omnis. Non ratione consequatur non quaerat vero. Enim qui quia asperiores eos dicta explicabo. Excepturi qui qui laboriosam facilis dolore. Illum reprehenderit quaerat itaque recusandae.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
bolo up's picture
bolo up
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”