2019 Summer SA apps still open??

Which ones are still open/ haven't started yet?

Haven't started:
Barclays
BAML
Piper Jaffray
Credit Suisse
UBS

Edit: Sort of trying to build something similar to the other 2019 thread. Comment below which other banks haven't opened, or are finished.

UBS is open for targetted students (not necessarily core schools - just people who have been networking with them). They also don't sponsor (for all the international students out there).

So I think it's very possible it's a new policy for SA 2019. I actually networked really hard and had a couple of people pulling for me but HR said they absolutely won't for this year (this is for the analyst level - MBA associates could be different)

To add another one, Jefferies' process still isn't open. Many MMs e.g. BMO have not started their processes either. MS is the most notable BB that hasn't really started its formal process (though I don't know about targets as some people here have mentioned).

BAML recruiting for Diversity has already started and general applications open in August. I went to a diversity event and the way they are doing it is that Diversity kids will get the apps first and then everyone else will be able to apply

My Brother. My Captain. My King.

Worry less about if there is still time and just do what you can today. We know recruiting is not finished for SA 2019 so just make the most of your time by networking and prepping for interviews and anything can happen.

Figured I'd try to revive this thread because it is actually quite helpful. MS is not open until July 1st, which is quite bonkers given that so much talent is being snatched up with these early timelines. BAML & Piper Jaffray are still not open, at least to the general populace from what I know. Also from my understanding, GS' regular timeline opens June 1st, but who knows how many spots they filled with their April application window. Again, this is from what I know, but with this year's crazy process, I could very easily be mistaken.

Seems the rest of the banks originally listed have opened already. A lot of the MM seems to be waiting until summer/early fall, e.g. BMO, Stifel, etc. Anyone want to take a stab at developing an enhanced list of unopened app windows?

does this networking apply only to people who attend certain accelerated events or regular applicant as well? at a big feeder for MS, but our recruiting team specifically tells those with exploding offers (and have done great networking) that they are unable to accelerate the process

Go to a semi-target and can confirm a lot of boutiques are wrapping up. A lot of them told us that they wouldn't start the regular process until the fall when they came to our school for inso sessions, but a couple of kids already have offers from them or upcoming superdays. Heard from my friend who got an offer at HL that RX is already done. I know people from non-targets are also having superdays. Not sure how many spots will be left in the fall. Most banks recruiting at our school had an early-May deadline for their accelerated process.

From a semi-target, can confirm a lot of banks have come on campus / have said they would not start until June or July but have filled many of their spots in NY already. I would be wary of this. Not sure if it was to deceive or if they changed their minds since April, but target / diversity superdays have taken up a lot of spots and non-targets are definitely getting offers at nearly every bank, not to freak anyone out. I think this is because 1) a lot of candidates have been particularly strong and 2) a lot of candidates are accepting their offers. When talking to bankers, also realize that some of them may not be fully in the loop. The only bank I know that prob has 90%+ if not all of their spots open is Centerview. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yeah I totally agree... some alums I've talked to didn't even know recruiting had started at their bank. Have a friend that got a superday from an EB and she told me the HR specifically asked them not to tell anyone about it.

Most Helpful

At a target, here is what I know - I hope it helps.

• A lot of JPM offers have gone out, they're finished at some targets but I don't think they've filled out the class yet.
  • GS has sent some offers from their early round but will have more superdays later in summer when the app opens again
  • Most top EBs are finishing/finished (EVR, PJT, Moelis, HL, maybe more) at my school. It sounds like Laz is slightly slow relative to the others this year - haven't heard of offers.
  • MS has had at least 1-2 accelerated superdays - these were not publicized, you needed to network in/target events/have an exploding offer, I know 2 students with offers. Their formal process has yet to start but they're already filling the class from these special superdays.
  • Deutsche offers have gone out though with what's been happening, people are trying to hold off on accepting at my school. I suspect they will likely have more superdays to fill out the class through summer because of lower yields
  • BAML has had accelerated superday(s) for a few students who networked well/were referred from within/had exploding offers, regular processes will begin soon

Timeline may be delayed/different for semi/non-targets - eg. I know JPM is done at my school but not at others. I echo what csu said above, I have friends at semi/non-targets who were explicitly told by HR that there will be no apps open until later in summer but some are getting offers now - I don't think it was malicious, but some banks opened early (JPM in February + EBs had supers in April) and others had to follow suit or risk losing the talent. I suspect almost all banks will be wrapped up by August. Good luck everyone.

EVR had a bunch of superdays last week and then had a super quick turnaround and people got offers on Thursday. But I don't know if that week was its only week of superdays or the only one people from my school (core for EVR but not a target generally) was invited to.

Are you _---ing kidding me? We are all 20 years old and more than a year before the -internship- starts we are expected to have above a 3.5 GPA from our first two years of school plus two internships, and a connection? I'm hoping for Citi S&T, asset management or risk, but at this point I'll be happy with consulting at PWC for God's sakes gentlemen (and ladies).

Are you sure it's a Republic?

if you don't have a 3.75+ you better have internship experience out the ass, go to princeton, or be secretly blowing jamie dimon bc there are SO many candidates that have both a high GPA and fantastic experience that banks can be as picky as they want

also consulting at PWC isn't as easy to get in as you think

You're right allow me to walk that back-- I'm just surprised at how early this is going on, and any big 4 is a good place to be.

Are you sure it's a Republic?

I know this probably has been asked before, but just to reiterate, for the bulge bracket banks that have had apps and interviews going on since early March, will they be re-opening/accepting applications in the summer/fall for non-accelerated recruiting? In a broader sense, is it worth to continue networking and applying to these banks.

Aliquam iusto tempora eligendi id fugiat placeat. Dignissimos fuga libero repellat at rerum dolorem.

Rerum sunt recusandae iure earum nemo aut quas aspernatur. Labore veritatis voluptatem aspernatur aut ducimus. Quia dolores fugiat voluptatem quibusdam hic enim officia.

Et nihil et aliquid et molestias aspernatur. Amet reiciendis nesciunt omnis culpa esse quia adipisci.

Voluptatem ducimus tenetur ea occaecati est vel qui. Neque et hic dolor dignissimos. Rerum asperiores est atque vel quia ut. In possimus dicta non aut enim sit sit.

Et in dignissimos consequuntur et. Et qui maiores officiis cupiditate alias tenetur eos. Saepe blanditiis ea eum voluptas non. Quibusdam qui beatae aperiam sed. Ullam officiis alias ut itaque quasi.

Similique quis nesciunt nam enim pariatur mollitia. Dicta cum dolores et corrupti nesciunt eligendi. Consectetur eius a et odio. Et sed autem id qui.

Sed deserunt dolorum velit distinctio eum tenetur voluptatem. Iste ex voluptates error necessitatibus. Possimus laboriosam ea sed quidem voluptatem sed earum. Unde eum odio minus repellendus sequi omnis.

Maiores numquam ut harum tempore cum. Id nemo repellat voluptas aspernatur fugit quos. Reprehenderit quas aut enim neque omnis voluptas aliquid.

Et ut quia ipsum unde. Est eos saepe est animi eos ex esse.

Vitae sapiente fugit sint et eos unde. Placeat quia praesentium et labore ducimus.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”