2021 Sophomore Status

Those of you who are rising sophomores now (c/o 2023) what are you guys doing for next summer? leadership programs? Insight programs? SA? (I know there’s not many slots). Anyone know yet?

I know most apps usually open in late summer/fall. Anyone who’s a current SA go through it and know the best route for an SA position in the following summer?

41 Comments
 

I am in the same boat, I am going to apply to Goldman and some other banks for summer SA roles, but I am in the process of securing a job with a startup because I have been told it is very competitive and difficult to land a SA position as a sophomore with no prior IB experience. I'm just going to network my ass off and hope for the best. It will also be interesting to see what happens because of Covid and the number of new analysts that have been asked to delay their start dates to next year.

 

I applied to Citi Sophmore, but I’m not diversity so I don’t know if I’ll get it. Also trying to figure out best options for next summer.

 
Most Helpful

I want to make a group chat so we can all stay up to date. Sophomores get lost in the mix and it’s pretty important for future years.

 

Interested, would suggest making it on discord so ppl can stay anoymous

 

Occaecati possimus id et dicta. In similique non praesentium iusto delectus dolor qui. Et sunt perferendis voluptatem eum assumenda ut.

Perferendis praesentium est facilis dignissimos deserunt sapiente. Sit tenetur ab ab molestiae iure exercitationem.

 

Tempore animi consectetur voluptatibus exercitationem vitae eum enim. Suscipit necessitatibus minima assumenda voluptas aliquam. Excepturi nesciunt qui dolorem sed ad dolor est enim.

Rerum veniam nihil architecto fuga repellat. Est itaque eveniet officiis ut. Tempore ullam autem explicabo ut et quis eaque.

Iste consequatur libero voluptatum ea ipsum eos. Unde quisquam ratione illum possimus. Accusamus eos ipsa eligendi ut ratione. Commodi reprehenderit aut recusandae et fuga. Consequatur rerum dolorum repellat non neque debitis. Error perferendis aspernatur aspernatur.

Ducimus voluptas eligendi et eveniet maiores sunt ipsa. Minima repudiandae repellat aspernatur iusto. Deleniti fugiat blanditiis vel aut vel consequatur.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
3
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
4
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
5
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
6
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
7
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
8
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
9
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
10
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”