Bain AC final round 2021 decisions

Hey guys,

I go to a target (H/Y/P/S) undergrad and we had our final-round interviews for the AC role at Bain (NYC/ Boston/ SF) on Tuesday the 29th. I know MBB typically get back with news within 24h if it's good or longer if it's not-so-good but none of my friends have heard back yet.

What should we expect the decision timeline to look like? Maybe we can use this space to keep a tab on when decisions start going out...

Would really appreciate any insight on this for this year in particular (have read through previous posts)

Comments (56)

• Analyst 3+ in IB-M&A
Oct 1, 2020 - 7:36am

am mbb, there's no set timelines and differs per office. We do everyone in one go and everyone hears back at the same time regardless of when you interviewed. If you were in an early interview group it could take time, if you were in the last interview group it could be a very quick turnaround

Most Helpful
  • Analyst 2 in Consulting
Oct 2, 2020 - 11:50am

Echo above. At Bain, first round decisions are made by EoD usually, second round is whenever the partners have time to chat, which can be a LONG time in some cases, and then whenever they have time on their schedule to call you which can be even longer.  

• Analyst 1 in IB - Ind
Oct 2, 2020 - 12:55pm

At another target for Bain, second rounds are Monday for us. Wouldn't be surprised if you hear same time as we get decisions.

Oct 3, 2020 - 6:20pm

I just had my ACI final round on Friday (for the Atlanta office) and two people I know got offers that night. Does that mean that I'm definitely rejected? We had the same partner interviewer (who called the others) but he was my first interviewer and their second interviewer, if that has any significance. I'm hoping that I could get called on Monday but have heard Fridays are when acceptances come out and Monday is when rejection calls happen

• Intern in PE - LBOs
Oct 3, 2020 - 9:34pm

It does not at all mean that you were rejected. I was actually in your position just 1 week ago (lol) - I had interviewed for an East Coast office and had the same interviewers at 5 other people (at least). 2 of them heard back on one day; I heard back the following day. The Partner had planned to call me on the same day but missed the chance while picking up an UberEats order. It happens! Don't worry about it too much yet - it's not over til it's over.

Oct 10, 2020 - 10:39am

Did anyone else have a second round interview for Northeast offices yesterday? Didn't hear back but received a response from a thank you note. A little anxious that will end up as a rejection.

Start Discussion

Popular Content See all

Student-run private equity funds?
+37IBby Prospective Monkey in Investment Banking - Mergers and Acquisitions">Prospect in IB-M&A
I wish I was an airline pilot
+23OFFby Vice President in Investment Banking - Mergers and Acquisitions">VP in IB-M&A
BMO fired all of its Houston Bankers (~60 people)
+21IBby Intern in Investment Banking - Mergers and Acquisitions">Intern in IB-M&A
Do I quit IB for YouTube
+18IBby 3rd+ Year Analyst in Investment Banking - Industry/Coverage">Analyst 3+ in IB - Ind
Zoom events are cringe as hell
+17OFFby Prospective Monkey in Investment Banking - Mergers and Acquisitions">Prospect in IB-M&A
Mistake to join a Distressed HF now?
+10HFby 1st Year Analyst in Investment Banking - Mergers and Acquisitions">Analyst 1 in IB-M&A

Total Avg Compensation

December 2020 Consulting

• Principal (19) $274
  • Director/MD (41) $262
  • Vice President (27) $246
  • Engagement Manager (69) $215
  • Manager (119) $162
  • 2nd Year Associate (108) $138
  • Senior Consultant (249) $128
  • 3rd+ Year Associate (88) $127
  • NA (8) $120
  • Consultant (465) $114