They haven't even started SA. FT should hear in December. SA interviews will go out soon. 

Just got an invite for First round interviews London- Alternative - Investments

I got a first-round interview from the Sec&lending investment team and was rejected after 3weeks (11/1).  

but asked for taking interview for another roles multi-asset and real estate team, no respond from that 

what was your first round like technical or behavioural?

Most Helpful

If anyone is interested I just finished the first round interview (Alternatives in London), where you get to talk to actual human beings (side note: that's so nice to speak to humans after all of the hireview and other prerecorded interviews...)

You talk 2x30min to different teams and they have a pretty standard list of questions. Each time they read about one of the BR values (innovation, client focused etc.) for 30sec and then ask you a question related to the value. Ex: what motivates you at work/demotivates you? Tell me about a time you had to adapt to someone else? You are working as an analyst and a client is dissatisfied, how do you approach things? etc. And then sometimes they ask you further questions regarding something that you just said. Nothing really specific

Nothing technical either and they presented their teams so I did not really need to have done prior research on those

Good luck to everyone else!

Got a 30-min interview last Friday with a member from the team and got invitation to the final round this Monday. All behavioral questions, related to the role and selected from a list (I think every interviewer has this list). Mostly CV based, asked me about my technical skill and projects. No why BLK why us questions. Thought I was gonna fail as some questions are so specific and I didn’t prepare for it, but got passed unexpectedly.

Hi everyone,

I contacted the AMERS recruiting team about my application and told them about the competing offers that I had to respond to by next week and got them to send me an update on all the applications I had for BlackRock. 

So all those of you anxious about results after your final interviews, contact them and tell them you have other offers that you need to reply to by the weekend and they will be happy to share where they are with your application.

Hope this helped! :)

They didn't give me a timeline in the email per se. They just said they're considering my candidacy for the various roles (corporate speak essentially). Then they said for one of the positions I've applied to, they will be sending me an offer letter with the deadline (yet to receive that). I will update once I do

Recently saw a LinkedIn post where someone accepted their FT 2022 Analyst offer for Blackrock Alternatives

They were not a SA (so not a return offer). I think offers have started to go out, if anyone's interested

How long does it take to hear back from first round? For reference, I interviewed last week

Animi ut vel neque ab consequatur amet ex repellat. Reprehenderit voluptatem et quia odio. Tempora ut ipsa illo magnam dolor saepe.

Natus explicabo quo similique reiciendis ea sequi. Deserunt dolores est non voluptas quod. Ut culpa dolores suscipit sed ut iste enim commodi.

Ut fugiat eaque eaque. Dolorem maxime doloribus molestiae eligendi esse occaecati magni. Temporibus ab possimus rem quas autem amet. Et autem quo voluptatum aut earum laboriosam alias. Mollitia est in nihil. Qui quis voluptatem sequi voluptas dolor hic. Distinctio nihil magni quod laudantium necessitatibus.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”