Blackrock FT 2022

Haven't seen a thread about Blackrock specifically. Does anyone  have any idea on what the timeline looks like?

Comments (54)

• Intern in IB - Gen
Aug 26, 2021 - 4:21pm

I applied for FMA weeks ago, did the Hirevue/maybe slightly messed up, and haven't heard a damn thing yet. rip. 

Oct 4, 2021 - 6:28am
KeynesWasWrong, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Any news? Deadline has passed already and have not heard back…

Oct 11, 2021 - 11:46am
shamelena, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Hi Friend, would you mind sharing the virtual cover letter questions? Planning to apply this week. Really appreciate your help!

• Intern in AM - Equities
Oct 4, 2021 - 11:39am

They haven't even started SA. FT should hear in December. SA interviews will go out soon. 

Nov 4, 2021 - 8:15am
799100873, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Is there anyone who get update from the APAC? The application have been closed for 3 weeks................almost tired of waiting

Nov 4, 2021 - 11:12pm
yosuke19950613, what's your opinion? Comment below:

I got a first-round interview from the Sec&lending investment team and was rejected after 3weeks (11/1).  

but asked for taking interview for another roles multi-asset and real estate team, no respond from that 

• Intern in PE - Growth
Nov 7, 2021 - 5:27am

what was your first round like technical or behavioural?

Nov 5, 2021 - 11:18pm
dvs434, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Has anyone heard back after the virtual cover letter round for Americas?

Nov 9, 2021 - 1:56am
MilkCofeee, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Are u referring to the "Pre-recorded Interview" email they sent out? I got it today. Not sure if that's still considered part of the cover letter

Most Helpful
Nov 11, 2021 - 9:47am
Bzzz, what's your opinion? Comment below:

If anyone is interested I just finished the first round interview (Alternatives in London), where you get to talk to actual human beings (side note: that's so nice to speak to humans after all of the hireview and other prerecorded interviews...)

You talk 2x30min to different teams and they have a pretty standard list of questions. Each time they read about one of the BR values (innovation, client focused etc.) for 30sec and then ask you a question related to the value. Ex: what motivates you at work/demotivates you? Tell me about a time you had to adapt to someone else? You are working as an analyst and a client is dissatisfied, how do you approach things? etc. And then sometimes they ask you further questions regarding something that you just said. Nothing really specific

Nothing technical either and they presented their teams so I did not really need to have done prior research on those

Good luck to everyone else!

• Intern in PE - Growth
Nov 15, 2021 - 6:37am

hey have u heard anything back yet?

Nov 12, 2021 - 12:46am
vvvrrr, what's your opinion? Comment below:

I got invited to the first round tomorrow for Alternative - Seattle. Anyone same? Finger crossed

Nov 18, 2021 - 10:47pm
vvvrrr, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Got a 30-min interview last Friday with a member from the team and got invitation to the final round this Monday. All behavioral questions, related to the role and selected from a list (I think every interviewer has this list). Mostly CV based, asked me about my technical skill and projects. No why BLK why us questions. Thought I was gonna fail as some questions are so specific and I didn't prepare for it, but got passed unexpectedly.

Nov 29, 2021 - 12:28am
tteddyx333, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Has anyone heard back after the virtual cover letter round for Asia?

Some guys said they had the second round in Jan last year so some insights?

Nov 29, 2021 - 5:44am
Latviech, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Hi guys! Has anyone received feedback for their second and final round interview in London - for Alternatives - Private Equity? 

• Analyst 1 in IB - DCM
Dec 1, 2021 - 3:23am

Hi everyone,

I contacted the AMERS recruiting team about my application and told them about the competing offers that I had to respond to by next week and got them to send me an update on all the applications I had for BlackRock. 

So all those of you anxious about results after your final interviews, contact them and tell them you have other offers that you need to reply to by the weekend and they will be happy to share where they are with your application.

Hope this helped! :)

Dec 2, 2021 - 6:20am
Latviech, what's your opinion? Comment below:

What kind of timeline did they give you, if I may ask?

• Analyst 1 in IB - DCM
Dec 2, 2021 - 12:27pm

They didn't give me a timeline in the email per se. They just said they're considering my candidacy for the various roles (corporate speak essentially). Then they said for one of the positions I've applied to, they will be sending me an offer letter with the deadline (yet to receive that). I will update once I do

Dec 5, 2021 - 4:09am
Tyler-Durden12, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Recently saw a LinkedIn post where someone accepted their FT 2022 Analyst offer for Blackrock Alternatives

They were not a SA (so not a return offer). I think offers have started to go out, if anyone's interested

Dec 21, 2021 - 7:37pm
WSmonkey14, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Architecto repudiandae rerum repellat commodi non quidem. Eveniet accusantium tenetur vero et et fuga sunt.

Eum illo eum harum modi. Aut doloremque et voluptates sint. Assumenda quibusdam veniam praesentium esse aut error autem. Praesentium commodi amet quia. Sunt vel quia amet rem earum id.

• Intern in IB - Gen
Dec 21, 2021 - 8:02pm

Et omnis earum est doloremque beatae est tempora. Blanditiis quo et sit hic quis veniam. Sunt quia et iure. Quo sit non qui ipsam. Alias ut et in dolorem corrupti error doloremque. Facere accusantium sed at pariatur aliquid. Ut laudantium eum et sit fugit.

Pariatur nisi aut maxime. Molestias molestias labore voluptatem vel fugit. Delectus et tenetur ducimus quia id id quisquam.

Voluptatem reprehenderit consequatur culpa id. Qui a iste sint. Quia reiciendis incidunt quam veritatis id.

Voluptatem sit iusto aut. Quod incidunt dicta animi dicta ut in. Doloribus deserunt corporis voluptatem in. Eligendi possimus minima asperiores mollitia possimus consequatur distinctio. Quod sed eaque temporibus beatae quam. Voluptas laborum iste minus.

Feb 7, 2022 - 5:55pm
iwfr, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Et dolor vero illo eum sequi odit. Dolores harum harum sed assumenda alias dolorem rerum. Et autem quo ut odit sequi blanditiis. Quod culpa fugit alias. Optio iste eos corrupti et eaque laboriosam voluptatem.

Rerum voluptatem porro et ad sit molestiae. Deserunt sequi et aliquam eius ut est. Dolorem possimus dolores quis sit ipsam velit reiciendis. Corrupti qui odio tempore similique dolorem. Sit voluptates sed repellendus. Amet voluptatem et est quo et debitis.

Ut dolor ad voluptas voluptas labore labore voluptas. Sed porro et et veniam deserunt praesentium.

Start Discussion

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2022 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company (▲05) 99.6%
  • Lincoln International (= =) 99.2%
  • Bank of America Merrill Lynch (▲04) 98.8%
  • Financial Technology Partners (+ +) 98.5%
  • Evercore (▽02) 98.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2022 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company (▲12) 99.6%
  • Greenhill (▲07) 99.2%