Could someone please tell me exactly what to expect for Citadel's second rounds for Global Equities in New York? I am trying to prepare for a healthcare analyst interview, it will be a 3-statement standalone and debt schedule, but what else do I need? Is there a template? How much time am I given? Does anyone have suggestions?
I need some help.
Second Round Citadel Interview Questions
Getting an interview with Citadel is quite an achievement. If you make it past the initial phone interviews, you'll likely be invited for a full day onsite interview which includes a modelling test. After going through the process, Certified Asset Management Professional @jankynoname shared his insights on the modelling portion of the interview:
- Time: 4 hours to complete
- Company: Given a company I was not familiar with
- Information Provided:
- Not Provided:
- Sell-side info
- Consensus estimates
- Information about where the stock trades
The assignment was to build out a quarterly model projecting for two years, integrated 3-statement. Develop a target price, and write-up a very brief long/short thesis.
- They wanted to see scenarios, so be prepared to do some last minute re-jiggering of key assumptions
- Make simplifying assumptions where it makes sense
- Be prepared to talk about how you approached the model, thought about the business, what you would do if you had more time, questions for management, conviction level around my rec etc.
- What Does It Take to Work at Citadel Securities?
- Citadel Surveyor Capital
- Citadel Global Equities - Pay, Culture, Career Path, Lifestyle
Want to improve your financial modeling skills?
Check out WSO's side-by-side comparison of financial modeling courses and get a WSO discount.