Citi SA 2021

Subscribe

Since apps are open and info sessions are starting soon at targets, thought I would make a thread. Any updates on the expected interview timeline?

Comments (653)

• Intern in IB - Ind
Mar 8, 2020 - 3:31am

Target school here, was told our applications for our school would open in May / June. Not sure why the timing differs so much from what seems to be the case for other schools, but that's what the information session relayed a while back.

Mar 15, 2020 - 11:19pm

Is COVID-19 pushing Citi's recruiting back at all? I know a lot of the current SA's have had their internships changed and that diversity has not taken place yet, so are we now expecting April/May first rounds and superdays?

Array

• Intern in 
Mar 16, 2020 - 5:45pm

Any idea on timeline for rising Sophomores?

Array

• Intern in IB - Ind
Mar 18, 2020 - 2:55pm

When will Citi let you know about superdays after the first round?

Array

Mar 19, 2020 - 3:19pm

I think bm's trolling. Just got off phone with a mate there. He knows nothing about it yet, and they haven't even closed the apps.

Array

• Prospect in IB - Ind
Mar 19, 2020 - 3:31pm

100% agreed. Too many people trolling, got told they're still trying to finish diversity recruiting for Sophs and are debating delaying recruitment slightly due to COVID

Array

• Prospect in IB - Ind
Mar 19, 2020 - 8:14pm

Was told by multiple VPs that recruiting has not even started yet. Don't know if you guys are just Harvard Yale Penn kids or diversity

Array

• Prospect in IB - Ind
Mar 19, 2020 - 8:25pm

Anyone know if target recruiting is seperate/before non-target recruiting?

Array

Mar 19, 2020 - 9:00pm

Spoke to a VP today; said recruiting hasn't officially started, and that they are pushing it back due to COVID. Nevertheless it seems that some groups already had first rounds. This was for IB LatAm.

Array

Mar 19, 2020 - 9:17pm

Wait I’m confused are you all talking about internships for next summer. Why is it so early. I thought applications opened in July or is this thread for Europe or something????

Array

• Prospect in Other
Mar 23, 2020 - 11:31am

Got referral from a Senior Associate in CB. Still no rej/first rounds hear back. Target. People from same school got first rounds for IBD this week. Anyone know why?

• Intern in IB-M&A
Mar 24, 2020 - 3:43pm

Can confirm Citi has started interviews. I had a virtual interview last week, received a call back from the MD telling me that they will be hosting a virtual superday sometime in the next few weeks (Email from HR with more details should follow). Probably differs school to school (mine is a target)

Array

• Intern in IB - Gen
Mar 24, 2020 - 5:04pm

What the fuck is wrong with this firm recruiting so early.. all of its peers recruit in the summer

Array

• Intern in IB - Gen
Mar 24, 2020 - 5:05pm

Hearing from sources/comments here saying recruitment is pushed, whilst others are saying it's happening rn, one of the only banks I know of with this much conflict regarding starting recruitment time

Array

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Mar 25, 2020 - 4:14am

I am from a target (H/W) and have extensively networked. I am not diversity. Based on the people I know at the firm, interviews haven't officially started. The people claiming they have gotten interviews, including superday offers, could be telling the truth -- but they are on some type of accelerated timeline that isn't available to even the general pool of target school students that have networked.

Array

• Intern in IB-M&A
Mar 25, 2020 - 10:43am

Got mine through OCR. No special timeline, my school just has a good relationship with Citi/a dedicated a alumni base. Not sure how it works at your school, but we have first rounds with our OCR team, and then some of us are given superdays. If you just applied through the Citi website, this probably doesn't apply to you.

Array

• Intern in 
Mar 30, 2020 - 1:32pm

Looks, like they’re moving fast again! Same timeline as last year. Some offers should be out now and general superdays will be in late April and early May. Went through S&T process last year and superday was very early May. Top markets group on the street!

Array

• Prospect in 
Mar 30, 2020 - 5:07pm

Anyone else receive a case study for the super day NY IB?

Array
Start Discussion

Popular Content See all

Laughed at —> Top BB
+62IBby Prospective Monkey in Investment Banking - Mergers and Acquisitions">Prospect in IB-M&A
Dating in nyc as a 5’8” guy
+35OFFby 2nd Year Analyst in Investment Banking - Industry/Coverage">Analyst 2 in IB - Ind
Quit IB after a month
+33IBby 1st Year Analyst in Investment Banking - Industry/Coverage">Analyst 1 in IB - Ind
How to kill it as an intern
+16IBby Intern in Investment Banking - Mergers and Acquisitions">Intern in IB-M&A

Total Avg Compensation

October 2020 Investment Banking

• Director/MD (17) $704
  • Vice President (46) $325
  • Associates (259) $228
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (37) $203
  • 2nd Year Analyst (145) $159
  • Intern/Summer Associate (136) $141
  • 1st Year Analyst (569) $129
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (549) $82

Leaderboard See all

Jamoldo's picture