CUNY Baruch to NYU Stern?
Hi all the amazing monkies.
I am a HS senior and very settled to pursue a career within the IB industry, specifically FO because I had some exposure to M&A. (I decided to follow this path after very serious consideration. My family has some network within the financial services industry in Asia, and I was exposed to this at a young age.) Though still have a long way to go in order to excel in this field, I am very determined to presevere, and I also think my personality is a great fit for this industry.
The problem now, is that I really doubt if I'll get into NYU Stern (or NYU in general), as much as I want to get in and it's my dream school, but due to extenuating conditions, my grades and test scores don't seem appealing. I am an international applicant (CA), and desire to spend my 4 years of undergrad in NYC. Because honestly, nothing beats the NYC environment and opportunities. Aside from Columbia (which I won't apply) and NYU Stern, only Fordam, CUNY Baruch, and Pace left within the NYC area. I realized the gaps between these schools are huge, but I am pretty determined to live in NYC.
Is CUNY Baruch a decent alternation? Since Fordham doesn't offer OCR, Baruch has a WallStreet Program that seems very interesting. Nonetheless, I found that majority of the Baruch OCRs are looking for BO positions, and it'll be nearly impossible for Baruch students to land a BB FO internship. Please confirm or clarify this?
I missed the CUNY Honors deadline, so I'm referring to the general Baruch education, even though I'm not planning to stay for four years and definitely will try to my best to transfer (to Stern). Can you guys please give some suggestions and insights on how difficult this process might be? When I saw the Stern transfer rate is nearly 2%, my confidence was definitly put down and not to mention there are plenty of internal transfers.
Just a FYI, I will not receive notifcations from these schools until February/March, thus will remain hopeful. But just in case of any reluctant results, I will get myself prepared for the worst, and if that's really the case, I'll take Baruch.
I will work my butt off to transfer, and intern the hell out, I don't care. Stern is definitely the place I want to be, it has all the resources I need. So please guys, help me out with suggestions and insights, I want to take all perspectives into account and see what I can do.
[Oh the side note, how difficult is it to transfer from Baruch to an Ivy? I don't recommend blind shots, but I do have some Ivies in mind to apply (Wharton/Columbia). As bs as it sounds, an Ivy brand never blows.]
That's a lot of information and please bear with my gramattical/verbal disorganizations.
Thank you all monkies, I really appreciate this.