Do freshmen in college start recruiting now for sophomore 2019 internships?

I've seen threads about 2019 recruitment for sophomores, but how would I get an IBD internship for sophomore year? What is the timeline for that? For sophomores, a lot of programs for 2019 internships are due in like 2 weeks (and Superdays are in 2 months).

I qualify for a lot of diversity programs, but none of these mention a full time internships position (only 1 day events like women's day, etc.).

Best Response

Definitely take advantage of the diversity programs as they are typically pipelines for the interview process for the full time internships.

I don't understand your original question. You are looking for an internship in the summer between freshman/sophomore year, and are looking for the best way to position yourself for that right now? There are some banks that offer these super-early programs, but they're definitely selective. The diversity programs should give you some interesting options.

I'd say it'd be good to find something else you can do that summer if you can't find something directly IB (maybe a boutique fund) and look to gain some experience, or do something cool with friends, like something genuine that'll change your perspective on things. Travel. If you're dead-set on finding something, explore early programs or find some boutique/WM type role if you can't find IB.

EBITDA rules everything around me

To clarify, I'm looking for positions between my sophomore year and junior year (2019 summer). Could anyone let me know when these positions would start recruiting?

I already have a finance internship lined up for my summer between my freshman and sophomore year.

Did you/are you attending info sessions and coffee chats at your school. I believe the deadlines for diversity programs are soon but haven't passed yet so don't worry too much. With a 3.9+ at a top target with URM status, you will kill it. These events could translate to interviews but make sure to apply on your OCR. Make sure to keep in touch with the people you meet (especially on campus) as they'll probably come back next year and you'll be their first pick.

I can help out here since you mentioned you qualify for diversity programs. The path through diversity programs is very straight forward. I think every BB has a freshman diversity program. I went to two of them. The application process is very quick, usually just a resume and a short essay. Sometimes a completely nontechnical HireVue will be required. The actual events are usually 2 days and are filled with speakers/panels. I was able to get a sophomore BB internship without much networking due to the freshman diversity programs. You essentially get into the bank's pipeline which makes it easier to land a sophomore internship.

Dolores voluptas et pariatur cum. Rem natus qui voluptatem corporis quo repellat. Eaque cupiditate totam optio molestiae explicabo rerum natus possimus. Qui voluptatem similique maiores et asperiores ipsam non.

Sed provident accusantium consectetur pariatur tempore sed. Quod consectetur facere suscipit quod. Unde nesciunt voluptatem eveniet consequatur dolor atque ut iusto.

Voluptatem ut natus saepe nesciunt et quia totam. Autem quis voluptas aut. Itaque nesciunt enim facere cum reiciendis dolorum.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
dosk17's picture
dosk17
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”