Evercore SA 2021

Subscribe

Evercore opened their SA 2021 applications weeks ago and on their online portal it says they will be closing them in May, with interviews commencing in April.

For SA 2020 they didn't open their applications until much closer to the summer. I'm pretty concerned about there hyper-accelerated timelines. What are chances of getting in as a non-target? The profiles I see on linkedin are literally all target schools (think HYP, columbia, uchicago, cornell). I'm trying really hard to network a lot with the firm and hope for the best.

I wanna know everyone's takes on this accelerated recruiting process for SA 2021.

Comments (677)

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Feb 25, 2020 - 10:39pm

Can someone please confirm (reliable or primary source) if you can apply for both M&A and Rx at Evercore?

Array

• Analyst 1 in IB-M&A
Feb 25, 2020 - 11:23pm

I have a close personal friend who recruited for both and in the end an Rx 1st year analyst found out and essentially cut him out of both processes. I think this was a fluke incident because prior to this analyst he was open about it, but just be wary

Array

• Analyst 1 in IB-M&A
Feb 25, 2020 - 11:51pm

I'm the same person as above^. I would also note that despite going to a well known state school that places poorly in NYC, every year we have a few people interview there and have convert 50% of them (granted we do have a c-suite member of the firm from my school). I also went to a networking event through my school there and I would say that they do specifically make sure to recruit kids from state schools with high GPAs - networking is ultra key though

Array

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Feb 26, 2020 - 2:22am

I don't really understand the takeaway here. So you can logistically (physically able to) apply for both processes and get interviews, but there are cases in which people are upset about you doing so (in one case, your friend was disqualified from both processes)? So the takeaway is to not do it?

Array

Apr 4, 2020 - 8:50pm

I recruited for both RX and M&A at an EB, they found out immediately and asked me in my interview, "What do you actually want to do?" I tried to explain my interest in both (reasonable, I think, as a college sophomore with no IB experience) but the interview went south and I was not invited for a 2nd round.

Array

Feb 25, 2020 - 11:20pm

Evercore from my understanding has always been target heavy. I from reading threads during last summer, you need to network for a first round. The person you talk with refers you.

"Markets can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent."

• Intern in IB-M&A
Feb 26, 2020 - 10:42pm

Anyone can echoe why the timeline is accelerated again? For last year as I remember Citi was the only BB that did spring recruiting and all the rest did their regular diversity thing in Spring as well. How will the reversal of timeline to prior standard affect recruiting for the sophomores?

• Intern in 
Feb 26, 2020 - 11:30pm

No most places were accelerated last year the earliest BBs being Citi, RBC, and Barclays. Shops like Evercore, JPM, and GS were the exceptions who decided to push back and it wasn't until the late summer and early fall that they did non-diversity recruitment.

Array

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Mar 19, 2020 - 5:14am

First rounds in April, superdays April-May according to my campus presentation

Array

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Mar 19, 2020 - 5:16am

Did anyone else get invited to the virtual Restructuring Diversity Summit? From the email it seems to be an informational event, especially given the nature of video call. I’d imagine the benefit of this event prior to COVID-19 was the networking part. Does anyone know if this event helps in terms of the interview process in any way? Maybe at least gets you on their radar? Thanks.

Array

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Mar 20, 2020 - 10:02pm

I replied directly to the email. It should be the same thing as it was sent by the person you're supposed to respond to. I also didn't get a reply yet. Rereading the original email it looks we will receive more info anytime before Wed, Mar 25. Hope that helps. Was wondering if you have any insight into my original question btw? Is this mainly supposed to be informational in nature, or is it one of those programs that accelerates your interview process?

Array

• Prospect in Other
Mar 22, 2020 - 10:46pm

Anyone has insights into the women's program? Is there a guaranteed first-round? I got invited earlier but was cancelled due to COVID-19.

• Intern in 
Mar 22, 2020 - 10:55pm

Wow they are moving faster this year even with the virus. Guess waiting till August last year didn’t go so well for them considering JPM and MS were even handing out offers before they even had superdays. The race for talent is real.

Array

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Mar 24, 2020 - 7:02pm

anybody have any insight on ISI ER timeline? Talked to an alumni who said it wasn't till fall last year, but they were looking to move up this year, wondering if anyone has heard anything.

Array

Apr 2, 2020 - 7:10pm

I'm a non-target who is networking hard with analysts and associates at Evercore. Submitted my application about a month ago and havent heard anything. I know the diversity event recently occurred (im not diversity). Has anyone received word or been contacted by Evercore?

Array

• Prospect in AM - FI
Apr 2, 2020 - 10:16pm

I go to a target and I'm diversity, had a phone screen last week and had a first round today

Array

• Prospect in AM - FI
Apr 3, 2020 - 4:14pm

Not gonna lie, it was by far the most technical and difficult interview I have had so far, but I expected that. Its defo not enough just to know the M&I 400, they really push you to show your conceptual understanding. Its about a 65-35 split between techs to behavioral and the behaviorals were pretty standard.

Array

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Apr 3, 2020 - 4:22pm

If anyone hears back from the diversity superday that was today, please post.

Also, anyone know the average time it typically takes to hear back from Evercore?

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Apr 6, 2020 - 11:19am

Can you keep me posted? I also attended the Rx diversity event, as well as networked. But I didn't get a first round yet either.

Array

• Prospect in Other
Apr 5, 2020 - 4:25pm

Heard from analyst that M&A and RX interviews in April are for diversity alone. Non-diversity start in May.

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Apr 5, 2020 - 10:19pm

In past couple of years, has anyone gotten invited for an Evercore Interview by just submitting an online application as a Non-target student?

• Prospect in Other
Apr 6, 2020 - 1:46pm

Bump

Array

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Apr 6, 2020 - 1:53pm

Spoke to someone involved in the recruiting process over the weekend. According to them, first rounds should happen in the next couple of weeks for M&A. But I might be wrong.

Array

• Intern in PE - LBOs
Apr 6, 2020 - 2:22pm

Just got off the first-round phone interview this morning with rx group. Unclear about next steps as of now. Seems like they are trying to figure out how to conduct video superdays.

• Intern in PE - LBOs
Apr 6, 2020 - 2:31pm

three technical questions and one qualitative.

two of the three technical questions involve three statements linking, but they are pretty brilliant in mixing some capital structure and debt problems within those questions. Third question was pretty straightforward, even middle-school students could figure it out. But I was overcomplicating the last one lol.

Be sure you say your thought process out load.

Apr 6, 2020 - 7:53pm

Does anyone know how many rounds Evercore has before the super day?

Array

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Apr 6, 2020 - 11:30pm

So have people already heard about first rounds for M&A? Also target or non-target

Array

Most Helpful
Apr 7, 2020 - 1:20am

Just wanted to throw in a word of motivation - if things don't work out it's certainly not the end of the world. You've always got a shot at FT recruiting (start thinking about doing some light networking right before your junior summer) and if not there is definitely a place that will make you just as happy. Banking isn't everything, but best of luck regardless!

Array

• Prospect in Other
Apr 7, 2020 - 1:39pm

Have a friend going target. He applies to RX but was told from his connection at the firm saying it will be sent on 13rd.

But cannot confirm it's true or not til we all hear back officially.

Array

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Apr 8, 2020 - 9:35pm

Heard rumors that some emails went out today for M&A 1st rounds, can anyone verify this?

Array
Start Discussion

Total Avg Compensation

September 2020 Investment Banking

• Director/MD (17) $704
  • Vice President (45) $323
  • Associates (257) $228
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (37) $203
  • 2nd Year Analyst (144) $154
  • Intern/Summer Associate (135) $141
  • 1st Year Analyst (568) $129
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (548) $82