RBC SA Class of 2020 Thread

JCC223's picture

RBC's 2020 summer analyst application became open in August of 2018. Has anyone heard back or received an offer yet? This seems crazy early to be starting recruiting.

Comments (47)

Jan 10, 2019

Applied when they opened have heard nothing back yet....

Jan 10, 2019

Some banks are kicking off target recruiting in the next couple months, don't be discouraged. I would bet you'll hear back sometime in the spring or closer to the summer

"If you ain't first, you're last!" - GOAT

May 27, 2019

Is RBC completely done with recruiting or SA 2020 or are they just done with diversity stuff?

May 31, 2019

They are definitely done for good. I have heard of at least a couple non-diversity kids at my school who have secured Summer 2020 positions.

May 31, 2019

Ah shit - thank you!

Learn More

Side-by-side comparison of top modeling training courses + exclusive discount through WSO here.

Jun 13, 2019

"diversity students" hahaha. You mean non-white? I mean I appreciate the covertness but let's be fuckin honest here haha.

Jul 21, 2019

Do you know any international students who received SA offers from RBC?

Funniest
Jun 13, 2019

I love how we have deteriorated from MLK preaching to not hire someone based on the colour of their skin to literally hiring someone based on the colour of their skin lmao.

Jun 13, 2019

It's kind of interesting how you are making this point considering RBC has a sophomore IBD internship program but it's diversity only. Idk how these programs help in the long run since most people only stick for 2-3 years in IBD, would be interesting if anyone has an idea.

Jun 1, 2019

Not done yet, know someone interviewing with them SA in a couple weeks

Jun 1, 2019

Yeah last minute they added a mid june interview day, but that is the last one. After that, they are done.

Array

Jun 2, 2019

curious how you know?

Jul 21, 2019

I have an interview for Quantitative Trading and Research SA at the end of July. This is a make-up though, my original Super Day was scheduled for the end of May.

Jun 1, 2019

Maybe it was a make-up day for people who couldn't make the other super-days? At any rate its too late to apply or anything.

Jun 1, 2019

Can you guys give me an approximate time line on RBC for this year? Rising sophmore and don't want to miss the deadlines for next year. The kids I heard about I don't actually know them personally so can't ask.

Jun 3, 2019

I had a superday there which also answers @gwtw1836 questions. I did an OCR first round around April, got a superday invite within a week, picked a date, made travel plans, and heard back within a week about the offer.

Array

Jun 8, 2019

How were you able to prepare for the interview in a week? Was the interview very technical or more behavioral/situational?

Jul 21, 2019

Jun 12, 2019

I had my first round interview March 22nd and then a superday on April 18th for Capital Markets Origination (CMO). On April 23rd, I had another first round interview for CMO, but this time for ECM. I got an offer for FICC Origination on April 24th so couldn't proceed further with ECM. FICC Origination covers a few groups such as Risk Solutions, DCM and others but DCM takes the majority of interns. They gave me a month to sign and I accepted the offer on May 21st. Also, I know my friend had a superday for IB M&A on May 21st, but didn't receive an offer. As far as I know, they are nearly finished with 2020 recruiting if not already. Hope this helps.

Jun 12, 2019

As far as I know they are mostly finished recruiting. I had a Superday the second to last week of May and received an offer the next week. From others who I know, their timing was similar if not earlier.

Jun 13, 2019

are you accepting your offer?

Jun 16, 2019

Is this regarding NY or all ?

Jul 21, 2019

Jul 21, 2019

I'm not an international student and I don't personally know anyone else who received offers so I'm not sure.

Aug 15, 2019

Great

Jun 18, 2019

They're done with S&T and IB according to a VP I spoke to, CB has pushed back the process and will interview in August

Jul 21, 2019

Jul 21, 2019

Know plenty of international interns right now I don't know about FT offers tho or if it affects your chances

Jun 20, 2019

Anyone hear back from yesterday's super day? 6/19. Thanks

Jul 7, 2019

Does anyone know if you can apply to more than one position at RBC?

Jul 8, 2019

They've been done for a while now

Jul 8, 2019

I'm applying to Corporate banking and apparently they are still recruiting for that?

Jul 10, 2019

rbc 2020 GIB program NY has finished?

Jul 10, 2019

Anyone know how RBC's group placement works? I heard they don't have an official "sell day"

Jul 15, 2019

All the apps still seem to be open...

Jul 15, 2019

They've been open since August, but they didn't start first rounds until April. All of the spots are filled and that's what matters

Array

Aug 11, 2019
Comment
Aug 12, 2019
Comment