June 24 Update - Brexit Wins. 52% to 48%. European markets are taking a biiiiig-swiiingingg-dicking. The GBP is dropping on its ass faster than a fat bitch who sat down too fast. Cameron will step down. WSO, help.
In a week from now, representative democracy will come to a peak when British men and women decide whether or not to remain in the EU.
Possible outcomes of a LEAVE:
1) Re-location of the financial hub from London to Frankfurt/Paris for the secure connection with the rest of the EU -> cost of re-structuring and moving.
2) The dumping of UK shares, bonds, assets -> devaluing the GBP against the dollar by possibly 10-15%
3) Retail would suffer from the above as costs of importing would increase
4) Unemployment could rise
5) Deep levels of uncertainty surrounding the whole situation. Could other countries decide to leave the bloc too?
6) Ripple effects across other markets
It appears that the 'Leave' vote is leading the polls by several %.
So what do you guys think will happen? I started this discussion because I'm very interested in knowing the implications of this event. Please feel free to join in and share your thoughts.