does that mean the Partners go to bat for you in terms of HBS recruiting? Still kinda confused as to why it is easier to get into HBS from PWP...

One of the founders is in some prominent role (something like Board of Advisors) and so his firm places extraordinarily well into HBS. If you left for PE amicably and get a letter of rec from PWP it counts a lot

Most Helpful

I think there's a lot of misconception about PWP on this forum. Sure you can get an MBA after your analyst years but it's not common at all anymore. If that's what you want, you can certainly get into an MBA business schools">M7. Most analysts choose to exit or stay on for a 3rd year (top analysts get a promotion after 2 years). Comp is excellent at the associate level, which is actually a big factor in analysts staying on. You'll get MF interviews no matter what group you're in (except maybe the SF tech group...). I personally ran into a number of PWP guys in my MF/UMM interviews. At one super day, one of them mentioned the total class size is about 30-35 across the entire US (NY, Chi, LA, SF). Given the small size and the fact that I ran into multiple PWP guys at super days implies they must be getting interviews and doing decently well. Strongest groups would definitely be Healthcare and Rx.

I’ve run into an SF HC analyst at a MF interview and other analysts in classes above me have run into SF/NY HC analysts at super days too. Can confirm that HC in both offices are strong

No personal experience with SF tech guys but have colleagues at top firms (GS/MS/Q) that mentioned they do little to no deals. Have also heard anecdotally about culture not being great..again no personal experience with them but sounds pretty consistent with their rep on this forum

Do you have any idea how large the LA office is? As well as how exits have gone in the past?

So for NY office, consensus for PE exits (MF type):

1) Healthcare 2) Restructuring 3) TMT (mainly MT in NY)

And for MBA: not common to do mba after analyst years but option exists. HBS and PWP seem to have some sort of a relationship because of Joe Perella and Peter Weinberg.

Any other thoughts about NY PE recruiting and best groups? Also, are they receptive to pe recruiting now?

This is accurate—industrials team is quality, in addition to having the best forestry practice on the street they have a great A&D / paper & packaging presence

Harum fugiat iure rerum quas deleniti vero. Voluptatem dolores rem ea nemo deleniti id dicta aperiam. Suscipit ad dignissimos velit dolor repudiandae quod.

Qui harum hic sint qui. Minima nisi tempora ut quia.

Id necessitatibus quibusdam eius quo rerum ut eligendi quas. Provident ut ea est aut enim asperiores.

Sit eos pariatur nihil perferendis illum minima. Corrupti est expedita quis consequatur. Qui et aspernatur eaque.

Esse quidem autem voluptates non nisi ullam sed. Perspiciatis maxime esse non maxime. Nisi est temporibus est aut enim. Maxime consequatur ullam omnis ut qui soluta.

Ad est omnis eum molestias culpa sunt distinctio. Alias id vel iure voluptatum. Sit ratione temporibus eaque quo dolor quos. Aut delectus corrupti vitae quis. Itaque eum aut rem tempore est asperiores repellat enim.

Dignissimos et quo deserunt ullam. Qui sint quas molestiae numquam omnis ex. Fuga unde nostrum odit.

Aspernatur dolore aperiam fuga suscipit explicabo aspernatur facere. Et in quidem ut et ullam. Delectus totam nihil illo illo quasi.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”