I'm in a new city and pay a little more for rent than I would have liked, so I tried to lay some ground rules for myself to help keep spending down. I want to save aggressively, and pay my student loans off somewhat aggressively, so hopefully this helps:
- No eating out during the week, unless invited by someone. (This doesn't happen frequently as I don't know too many people)
- No eating out at lunch, I meal prep for the week, and my job caters quite a bit thankfully.
- Always pre-game, doesn't seem smart, but Bud Light (Yeah, I'm white trash) at my apartment is much cheaper than anything at the bar.
- Drinks during the week are limited, and only happy hours, or free drinks at events.
These rules are a bit malleable for dates.
Anything else I could save on?
Find Your Mentor
- Increase your chance of landing a job by matching with one of our 200+ mentors.
- Our mentors are top employees at the most selective firms.
- Proven process with over 1,100 clients over 10 years.