WSO Elite Modeling Package

• 6 courses to mastery: Excel, Financial Statement, LBO, M&A, Valuation and DCF
  • Elite instructors from top BB investment banks and private equity megafunds
  • Includes Company DB + Video Library Access (1 year)

Comments (252)

• Analyst 1 in IB - Ind
Mar 12, 2021 - 3:10pm

I went through their SA process recently. First round is half behavioral, half standard technicals. Superday is pretty standard. 4-5 interviews with 1 of them being technical. Famous for giving a paper LBO during the superday. I just googled how to do one before the day of the interview and it went fine. 

• Analyst 1 in IB - Ind
Mar 26, 2021 - 2:33pm

Did not go through it this year. Went through in a recent cycle. 

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Mar 26, 2021 - 11:28am

Is the March 26 deadline only for partner schools? And if so, are spots usually filled by just the partner schools?

Learn More

300+ video lessons across 6 modeling courses taught by elite practitioners at the top investment banks and private equity funds -- Excel Modeling -- Financial Statement Modeling -- M&A Modeling -- LBO Modeling -- DCF and Valuation Modeling -- ALL INCLUDED + 2 Huge Bonuses.

Learn more
  • Incoming Analyst in IB-M&A
Mar 28, 2021 - 7:48am

They take a lot from their partner schools but they also take plenty from other schools

• Intern in IB - Gen
Mar 26, 2021 - 2:16pm

Had a coffee chat last week. Purely conversational (at the beginning the analyst said he had some questions to ask, but at the end he said no questions needed) It might be screening? But I've been told there will be an official first round later.

Also I think this is only for target schools

Apr 5, 2021 - 12:53pm

Talked to associate last week who said they were targeting 4/5-4/15 for first rounds (Boston).

• Intern in IB - Gen
Apr 15, 2021 - 10:49am

For Chicago it is, first target then others.

For other offices I think it happens at the same time

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Apr 15, 2021 - 10:47am

It doesn't tell you, but did you have an interview? I believe you would have had an invite by now unless you're doing Chicago

• Intern in AM - Other
Apr 15, 2021 - 10:20pm

Think it went well. Did you interview this week or last week?

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Apr 16, 2021 - 5:46pm

Same here + two others from my school. Looks like we got some competition!

Apr 16, 2021 - 4:48pm

Had a first round for Boston last week, completed Suited profile about a month ago for the general application. Checked back in today and saw that the competencies assessment was now included that I had not seen earlier (confirmed by another applicant). Does anyone know if the results of the assessment are used for deciding Superdays? I contacted HR just now after completing that section, but not sure if its too late

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Apr 16, 2021 - 6:05pm

I'm confused, you didn't do the Suited but you still got an interview? What part of it did you do? And where did you check back in to see that it was included? 

Also, how did your first round go? Did you get a superday?

Apr 16, 2021 - 6:10pm

Just to clarify, I have only had a first round and waiting to hear about a superday. I think the interview was solid, but since I heard Super day invites could be coming out today, I checked the link in my first round invite to the suited profile.

I know when I had first submitted my application in March, I had completed all the sections but when I checked today, the competencies exam (which I had not seen earlier and neither had a friend) was marked as unfinished and so I finished it today and emailed HR to update them.

I'm hoping Suited was just used for screening, but I am concerned my chances of a super day might be gone due to this.

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Apr 19, 2021 - 9:32am

Did anyone else get a "more info" request asking about any past criminal convictions or political donations?

• Intern in IB - Gen
Apr 19, 2021 - 12:55pm

ya I got it as well. Just two yes/no questions. Came in my inbox alongside my superday invite.

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Apr 22, 2021 - 2:56pm

I have a break until 3...

All behavioral, one qualitative case study on a med-tech company that benefitted from the pandemic "here's a co we are pitching, what would you consider"... and a paper LBO with easy numbers (just know cash flow formula they let u use pen and paper) Some other easy techs related to how would you value this company in XYZ industry.

Lastly they asked me what 8 cubed was which I struggled with a little but eventually got

Rest is behavioral

Apr 23, 2021 - 3:14am

Haven't hear back yet from Atlanta Office. They sent me the email last weekends saying that the superday invitation will be out this week. So just wonder will they also inform you even they won't extend you a superday?

Apr 23, 2021 - 4:25am

They send me an email last week asking whether I have any other interview process at the same time, and the superday is current scheduled at Apr 27 and 29. They also mentioned in the email that they will send out decision of final round invitations this week. But haven't hear back about superday so far.

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Apr 25, 2021 - 11:19pm

You're non-target and non-diversity and already have a super? I talked to alumni and they said Chicago wasn't starting for non-targets until after April 30th. Did you mean to say you were diversity?

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Apr 25, 2021 - 11:21pm

First rounds expected to happen in the early weeks of May, at least for non-targets. I don't know if targets got to interview for Chicago before the April 30th deadline.

• Prospect in IB - Ind
Apr 26, 2021 - 7:08pm

Did anyone go through Boston superday today? How was it?

• Prospect in IB - Ind
Apr 30, 2021 - 6:42pm

Barely technical. Thought I did pretty well. No response yet. You?

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Apr 29, 2021 - 9:02pm

Congrats. How did you get into the accelerated recruiting? Did you reach out to HR and say you had an exploding offer? Were the interviews more behavioral or technical? Heard Blair loves paper lbo's, but they're easy ones.

• Prospect in IB - Ind
Apr 29, 2021 - 9:16pm

Did the same paper LBO twice haha. That was only technical part of superday. Rest of questions were split between situations and behavioural questions.

• Intern in IB-M&A
Apr 30, 2021 - 4:57pm

Not the op, but from HR, they later sent a video interview link after reservation with a banker name so we can see who we are interviewing with.

Start Discussion

Total Avg Compensation

May 2021 Investment Banking

• Director/MD (9) $911
  • Vice President (35) $364
  • Associates (194) $234
  • 2nd Year Analyst (110) $151
  • Intern/Summer Associate (96) $145
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (26) $145
  • 1st Year Analyst (402) $131
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (327) $82