The world today is chock-full of information, far more than any one person could possibly digest or hope to read. For this weeks blog post I decided to give a list of the news sources I use and find helpful, as well as inviting others to share their ideas. So, here goes.
Best Source Of Financial News
Today we have a plethora of information at our finger tips. It can be challenging to sort the legitimate sources from the junk at times. Below is a compilation of sources from both the original post and our community at large:
General Business News
- Financial Times: The quintessential finance newspaper. Contains sections on everything from macro to geopolitics to M&A as well as lots of discussion / analysis. Most schools will provide a cheap / free subscription to this and many firms do as well. Very nicely laid out website and superb mobile app.
- Wall Street Journal: US equivalent of the FT. Highly rated although perhaps harder to find a cheap / free subscription. Personally I'm not a fan of their website but the mobile app is great.
- Reuters: Less focus on finance and more on global events which leads to a more balanced overview. Free online content.
Finance Specific News Sources
- Yahoo Finance
- Zero Hedge: Many people dislike this source but some of their stuff is incredibly detailed and interesting. Just make sure to avoid the comments.... Follow on Twitter as well for additional, cynical global.
- Dealbreaker: Focuses on some of the more entertaining issues of the day. Having a great time with the whole Herbalife saga currently. Some very detailed analysis courtesy of Matt Levine as well.
- Dealbook: Classic M&A commentary, perhaps a little dry.Twitter / Mobile
- @ConvertBond: Former Lehman trader, offers a lot of market discussion and breaking news as well as some funny stuff.
- Zite: The best news aggregator I know of. Eddie and others have recommended this before and I highly suggest everyone downloads it. Takes some time to get set up but it gets better the more you use it.
- User @GoHuskies suggests:
Economist: gives you a full fledged explanation of all relevant events around a story, more so than just the highlights. Much more globally-oriented than most news sources.
And of course, no financial reading list would be complete without yours truly, Wall Street Oasis.
Read More About Financial News Sources On WSO
- How To Read Financial News
- Top 5 Women Of Financial News
- Bloomberg.Com Vs Alphathrottle.Com - Which One Is Best For Financial News Streaming? Which One Do You All Use?
Preparing for Investment Banking Interviews?
The WSO investment banking interview course is designed by countless professionals with real world experience, tailored to people aspiring to break into the industry. This guide will help you learn how to answer these questions and many, many more.