Comments (99)

• Intern in IB-M&A
Apr 30, 2021 - 12:24pm

In the same boat as you, waiting to hear from 2nd round

Apr 30, 2021 - 11:52pm
Yann1210, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Hi anyone applied for London/HK office here? Idk whether offices outside the US started sending out case studies/ interviews

May 21, 2021 - 4:08pm
SIB56, what's your opinion? Comment below:

I just got a get-to-know-you more email, with questions that I need to answer? anyone know how that fits into the recruiting cycle?

May 21, 2021 - 5:30pm
SIB56, what's your opinion? Comment below:

The NY, but i haven't had any interview yet or a hirevue

• Intern in PE - LBOs
May 21, 2021 - 5:27pm

Same, but I have no idea. Assuming this is before the Hirevue, but again no idea.

May 24, 2021 - 2:19pm
calago123, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Have any of you gotten any confirmation email after submitting the get-to-know-you more survey?

May 23, 2021 - 12:43pm
JonJay55, what's your opinion? Comment below:

The get-to-know you email is a good thing -- It's another step in the process. This was NOT given to everyone.

Array
  • Intern in PE - LBOs
May 23, 2021 - 12:48pm

I am confused because the person above already had two rounds and I have not even had a first round. But great to hear that it is a good thing.

• Intern in PE - LBOs
Jun 24, 2021 - 6:17pm

Got rejected after the case lol 

Jun 24, 2021 - 6:46pm
JonJay55, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Got rejected after the case. Honestly pissed, as I know my case was good. Forecasted a model with specific assumptions based off previous trends to hit 10% margins.

Had a P72 PM look it over and he said It should be more than enough, but I guess it wasn't. Wonder if my non target status mattered. Not sure what more I could've done at all.

Good luck to those still in the process

Array
  • Intern in PE - LBOs
Jun 24, 2021 - 6:59pm

Bro my assumptions, although my own, were in line with most analyst forecasts, and I feel the same as you – the non target status likely didn't help. Plus this case was long as hell, took me the entire weekend to do.

• Works at Point72
Jun 24, 2021 - 8:58pm

Bro my assumptions, although my own, were in line with most analyst forecasts, and I feel the same as you – the non target status likely didn't help. Plus this case was long as hell, took me the entire weekend to do.

Well there's the first place you went wrong..

Nov 7, 2021 - 12:32pm
wendyma622, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Hi I wonder how was your interview? May I know what types of questions are involved and which office did you apply? you can PM me if you'd like to share! thx!

• Intern in PE - LBOs
Jul 7, 2021 - 10:52am

Looks like they reopened apps

Jul 8, 2021 - 9:39pm
ljykly, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Anyone who had their interviews in the past two weeks heard back about 2nd round yet?

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Jul 9, 2021 - 8:07am

Does it make sense to reapply? I got past hirevue, case study, and the first round interview.

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 9, 2021 - 9:28am

Anyone heard back about 1st round after the case submission for hk office?

Aug 11, 2021 - 7:32pm
El Maestro, what's your opinion? Comment below:

I applied to the NYC office like a week ago, got the questionnaire yesterday, submitted that today, and was wondering what the timeline is from here. Any thoughts or updates would be appreciated.

• Intern in IB - Restr
Aug 17, 2021 - 1:24am

Just got the email invite for the superday that they are scheduling for the London office (did the 2nd round interview with an academy coach last week). Does anyone have any colour on the nature of the final round for P72?

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Sep 2, 2021 - 2:09pm

Its basically a short cover letter.  3 questions I got (1 motivational and 2 situational)

Sep 2, 2021 - 2:56pm
Short Caller, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Any people who applied to the Academy programme in London for recent grads (not SA)? Got the questionnaire yesterday

Sep 6, 2021 - 8:51am
s1901203, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Hi,

I've applied to the UK Point 72 Academy Summer internship. I've done the case study and have an interview soon - does anyone know what the interview entails: is it a case study debrief, or a technical interview or a competency based one?

Thanks

Sep 6, 2021 - 9:31am

Sorry idk why its not letting me reply to you directly darkos, but 26th august. Have you had your interview yet?

Sep 6, 2021 - 9:45am

Im on the first interview after case study and I assume that there must be a few more before the superday. But honestly im not sure what the rest of the process is like.

Sep 15, 2021 - 11:07pm
Darkos, what's your opinion? Comment below:

How long do they take to get back to you after your case study?

Oct 15, 2021 - 1:11pm
Captain Rex, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Recusandae blanditiis quod totam eum porro. Eveniet qui autem nihil sit alias ipsum. Dignissimos eaque enim magni fugit. Eum molestiae maiores magnam qui rerum.

In nihil non eum culpa est. Cupiditate placeat quisquam qui consequatur quae voluptatem adipisci. Vero beatae reiciendis doloremque incidunt eaque. Rerum eos odio non possimus ipsam in.

Quidem perferendis et ut consequuntur voluptatem. Magnam excepturi voluptatem ea sed error labore.

Oct 15, 2021 - 7:21pm
whitelights, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Repellendus explicabo excepturi provident veritatis. Eos necessitatibus officiis mollitia deleniti laborum ut rerum. Omnis quia consequatur quos voluptatibus vitae voluptatem et.

Est vel odio est id et voluptate. Cum possimus ullam voluptatem qui suscipit sunt consequuntur repellat. Dignissimos ratione a alias deleniti laboriosam debitis. Labore et rerum amet et facere et. Atque voluptas iure numquam qui deserunt labore.

Rem eveniet et commodi ex possimus ducimus non. Asperiores voluptatem sed eaque at totam. Porro et dolores labore et dolores nobis. Aperiam vel saepe id accusantium eius voluptate. Et nostrum voluptatem recusandae ea non nihil est.

Voluptatem deleniti alias expedita totam. Reprehenderit harum placeat dolores consequatur provident labore excepturi. Perferendis sapiente qui ipsum minus. Eaque repellendus totam tempore rem odit.

Nov 10, 2021 - 12:37am
amuniraq, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Vitae dolorem quas rerum doloribus. Est odit sit facere et. Provident itaque in rerum dicta ipsa consequatur. Perspiciatis enim doloribus vitae et ut dignissimos eligendi odit. Voluptas numquam officia tenetur quasi eum culpa. Tempora expedita aut laborum molestias.

Aut earum modi officia sint dicta consequatur quo architecto. Autem error cum eligendi. Magni nobis aut sunt ipsa saepe nemo.

• Intern in PE - LBOs
Nov 10, 2021 - 12:54am

Debitis et occaecati maxime quisquam consequatur. Enim quod occaecati labore a quo repellendus distinctio. Fuga ex deserunt vitae voluptatem sequi quia.

Voluptate in itaque illum ut eum quibusdam est repellat. Ut porro distinctio reprehenderit consequatur molestiae. Molestiae et dolore ullam id odio. Illo nam minus optio et totam accusantium ratione.

Maxime ex hic nostrum autem et. Id perspiciatis dolorum soluta. Provident voluptates fugit quia sed et. Perspiciatis ducimus odit esse non ab enim. Atque facere rerum et a.

Omnis explicabo adipisci magni fuga id ut. Consequuntur natus aut ab excepturi ut quibusdam eum. Et vitae commodi fugit aut ut delectus veritatis. Commodi esse iusto debitis commodi vitae voluptas consequatur.

Start Discussion

Popular Content See all

Holocene / Woodline / Candle
+38HFby Analyst 2 in HF - EquityHedge
IB -> Macro HF
+34HFby amsal
Multistrategy / distressed credit compensation
+28HFby Associate 2 in PE - Other
Starting a HF
+20HFby hedge-mofty
Transitioning to activist HF from SM HF
+18HFby Investment Analyst in HF - Event