Barclays SA & FT 2025 London
Any updates since the OA?
Region
Any updates since the OA?
| +90 | [2026 - October] Unbiased Prestige Rankings | 57 | 2h |
| +88 | Who is the final boss in Houston Energy? (GS, JEFF or EVR) | 23 | 50m |
| +81 | You should probably leave IB | 27 | 3h |
| +46 | Why Do We Turn Comments? | 11 | 2h |
| +43 | Tomorrow Will Be Better | 5 | 4d |
| +41 | Moelis PCA vs Lower tier BB Coverage | 30 | 1d |
| +26 | Lateraling as Analyst | 25 | 1h |
| +26 | Banking (Un)fortunately Still Needs You: My Case for Bankers in the AI Era | 4 | 2h |
| +24 | How much should you ask questions / seek feedback as an intern? | 9 | 14h |
| +24 | UBS IB #24 in US M&A in 2026 | 10 | 11h |
Career Resources
I got a weird email 3 days afterwards that reads like a rejection, but never explicitly rejected me.
That's so odd. They usually take ages to respond for video interviews too.
This mail means that you got dinged, sorry bro
What was the mail?
App status is Screen test in progress since completion of OA. Last year the hirevue for Barclays was automatic if one performed well in oa test.
Idk what's going on this year
Yeah, same for me too.
Did you get a confirmation email after applying? Trying to figure out whether I did them or not.
Same situation as me, my apps status is still screen test in progress. I applied for APAC role.
For APAC one of friend got rejection last week
Got FT first round
I assume it is for IB? Is it hirevue or TI?
Yep for IB - just 30min teams call
For London?
Yup London 2025 FT
Background?
Applied yesterday and got OA.
Does it have a video section too or is it just assessments?
Cause I need a couple of days to look presentable, so haven’t touched it yet.
Only online test. No video interview
Thank you very much.
is Barclays experiencing hiring freeze? Haven't heard from Barclays ever since finishing OA more than 1 month ago. Any superday offers out yet for APAC?
Anyone heard back for s&t full time?
My application status on my portal updated to 'Preliminary Conversations' anyone know what this means? used to say screening tests in progress
Same
It appears you will get hirevue or telephone round ? Did you apply for FT? S&T?
Fingers crossed but might just mean I passed tests, applied for S&T full time
Did you apply to Summer Analyst and got the "preliminary conversations"?
Any update on this?
I've had preliminary conversations as my status for a month. I'm assuming I'm waitlisted or it's a way of rejecting without explicitly rejecting me.
I have the same - any updates?
Anyone else heard back after getting preliminary conversations on their portal?
I applied for S&T FT and completed the OA around the time it opened. I've had the preliminary conversations for a few days too, but I'm not sure if its a positive thing or if 'preliminary conversations' update is for everyone who applied to S&T and it's just a general update?
Yeah I don’t think it means anything tbh, it says the same on my portal but apparently there’s ac invites out
Are they still giving out 1st rounds for FT IB or is it done
First AC today
How was the AC? How many candidates were there?
Offers out for the first AC
delete
What was the status message ? Edit: Thanks !
Have you heard back about the AC?
Have people been rejected post tests or is it still pending?
I would assume that if your status has not yet changed to "preliminary conversations" you can expect to be rejected.
Anything for Credit Research?
Mate of mine has AC on Tuesday for FT IB, seems to be the second batch
Anyone heard back for s&t full time ?
Bump, if who did S&T FT knows about any updates? My status has been on 'prelim conversations' for a while but doesn't seem like it means much
Someone above said their status changed to "preliminary conversations" before they received 1st round for IB FT so maybe they haven't started S&T first rounds yet.
I know last year barclays continued calling for Summers S&T till December/January. Now, my status hasn't changed to "preliminary conversations" and I am a bit scared they will reject me. I was wondering if someone has experienced this change from "screen test in progress" to "preliminary conversations" yesterday or the day before (Thursday 3 or Friday 4) and if you believe they will continue updating such status in the next weeks or if there are no more chances to hear back
Mine updated about a week ago to “Preliminary Conversations”. Applied and did the OA about a week after it opened
I applied for S&T the same day it was published AND took the OA too. However, the status is still Screen tests in progress. It's not looking good! All the best to everyone.
People who failed the online test were auto rejected so if you still haven’t been rejected it’s probably not a bad sign.
Thank you, let's see!
Is this true for all regions? (As far as you are aware)
Yeah same for me as well for the status. It's been like this for almost a month.
Last year they had ACs after the OA with no other rounds in between, however, the big pause in the middle seems to be normal. I am still on Screen tests in progress but I am also an international candidate (I'm assuming that evaluation works differently). However, perhaps, they are waiting to send out rejections until the first set of S&T offers are out so as to rule out the candidature completely.
Anyone applying to CM FT hear back after the OA?
Deleted
when it changed?
Last week Friday I logged in around 18:00
I just checked mine and it says prelim convos as well (Idk what the initial was though.)
I haven’t gotten any email/call about any 1st round though. Did you hear back for FT IB?
Not yet. But according to some comments I see we could expect to head back by end of this week. Most probably on Thursday or Friday :)
Please update if you heard back. Yes ib ft
I don’t think your status changing confirms you get an interview lol
ACs out for S&T?
^For Summers
Anyone get AC for IB SA ? (Tracker changed)
Following - also is there a TI for summers?
Any updates on progress for IB FT? Are there more ACs coming
Anyone invited to AC next Wed?
For which role? IB O&A FT?
IB FT
For which role? IB O&A FT?
Application was completed 23 Oct, and status has been prelim conversations since first time I checked - is there any sort of timeline from prelim conversations to AC or otherwise?
Repudiandae eligendi consequuntur impedit reprehenderit. Non et voluptas nisi atque illo sapiente. Ad possimus aut aut.
Dolorem ut repellendus dolores sit. Natus mollitia deleniti et non fugiat rerum. Ipsum aperiam quo nesciunt explicabo facere et quia.
See All Comments - 100% Free
WSO depends on everyone being able to pitch in when they know something. Unlock with your email and get bonus: 6 financial modeling lessons free ($199 value)
or Unlock with your social account...
Sed placeat aspernatur earum voluptatibus omnis voluptate. Ut non id ipsum similique. Vero illum quo cumque vel. Corrupti qui minima dignissimos facilis non sed ratione. Soluta soluta omnis qui quas rerum quia itaque. Aut eos aut ad enim sed.
Cumque et aliquid omnis quas repellat beatae. Et soluta consequuntur asperiores. Ut impedit quia veritatis cum rerum. Voluptatem omnis cum et incidunt quia error facilis.
Voluptates sit neque qui ducimus officia impedit. Accusantium beatae doloribus velit facilis. Voluptates quis beatae et totam ea. Architecto assumenda voluptates voluptas quis.
Aspernatur magni quia dolores ex autem. Deserunt fuga quod sint est illum sed eius. Laudantium sapiente voluptatibus suscipit in non. Aut ab debitis officia error. Officiis soluta reiciendis consectetur ab corrupti. Illum quo provident dicta est iure.
Ab voluptas consequatur beatae libero assumenda repudiandae vero. Repellendus non harum quidem praesentium dolores dolorem rerum. Numquam molestiae modi atque laboriosam.