Did anyone respond to you with a time slot for first rounds? Sent over my availability right after I got the email but no reply yet.

Most Helpful

BMO Capital Markets' Diversity Scholarship is a solid opportunity for students with underrepresented backgrounds.From what I've heard, the process for that includes 2 interviews (in-person or online, depending on school). At least one of your interviewers will be MDs.Questions range from basic behavioral (why BMO, why IB, why school, why [major], strengths and weaknesses, a time when you failed, leadership etc.) to simple technicals about DCF/Trading Comps/Transaction Comps, case study questions about hypothetical companies (comparing EBIT/EBITDA, debt-equity ratios), accounting ($10 depreciation, walk through, know the line items, etc.).They've likely already begun to extend offers for those who have applied to it.BMO either accepts you as a Diversity Candidate and grants you a SA position, or if you perform well (but the firm doesn't want to give you the scholarship) they can accelerate your interview process (which may lead to further interviews) and give you a standard SA offer.I'd advise just applying to both, to avoid any cognitive or subconscious biases that may be attributed to diversity candidates.From what I've heard, culture at the bank varies (from sweatshop culture at Metals & Mining to solid MM deal flow in NY/Chicago). Take this last point with a grain of salt, since culture is highly dependent on group.

Yes this is correct. 2 interviews no technicals usually, I got a few because MD worked in the group I was interested in. Not sure how they make decisions, but I feel like you need to give a strong response when they ask who else are you interviewing with/level of interest in BMO.

Also keep in mind Asian males count as diversity, this is by Canadian standards and not US. "Visible minority" is the term they used. No networking for me and got interviews.

And to echo your point, being Canadian bank, BMO is extremely good in metals&mining, top 3 no question. Not sure if they have this is the US, may be Toronto only.

Iure qui ratione quis dolorem. Est est sint itaque modi quo nihil. Et quia placeat cupiditate. Tenetur officiis fugit consequatur maiores. Reiciendis praesentium molestiae optio ea. Autem quibusdam dolorum numquam qui velit.

Repudiandae voluptas debitis autem aut reiciendis. Quos et delectus magni molestiae. Pariatur voluptatem omnis est praesentium. Vel nostrum modi explicabo similique eos.

Dignissimos omnis molestiae ea voluptatum illo atque doloremque nostrum. Libero minus quasi qui asperiores.

Nihil saepe quia ea ea. Assumenda qui deserunt a omnis placeat tenetur. In nobis quas doloremque velit. Molestiae iste quod qui quia. Est sunt ratione vitae sit odit.

Est ut voluptate ad asperiores tempore numquam maiores excepturi. Et distinctio et ut culpa. Consequatur deleniti dolor deserunt porro.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (88) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (67) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”