Haven’t heard anything from GS yet (2024 Soph IBD)

I submitted my GS 2024 IBD application back at the end of March as a rising Sophomore. Obviously at that time, they were more interested in the rising junior candidates which totally makes sense. But I literally haven’t heard a word from GS yet so idk what to think. I thought I had a pretty good profile (4.0 @ HYP, finance clubs, etc etc). Has GS sent out hirevues for any rising sophomores yet? Or am I just done?

Spend less time posting stupid shit like this on WSO and more time networking and maybe you won’t have to ask this question

unless you're aggressively diverse, a nepo kid (your dad/best friends dad is a partner, client, etc.), or you have a group head pulling for you, won't happen at GS - ppl will throw ms but that's just the reality, never seen anyone from my school — and we are a strong target for gs— who doesn't fit one or more of those categories get an IB gig there

Most Helpful

it's not a selectivity thing it's the fact that all the clients want their kids there, which takes up the entire nondiverse quota (gonna get MS for that comment but it's true-i mean how many gay or black CEOs do you know of?), and so the only quotas that have headroom are diversity kids and the kids that someone very senior recommends (bc nobody is saying no to a guy like bob huffines at jpm or whatever). And it's a similar story for JPM/MS this year. MS has historically been significantly more meritocratic, though that is changing with the increasing power of HR there given that they're trying to compete with GS diversity numbers. only good thing about this for generalist offers is once you're in it makes getting into a top group WAY easier…

Esse expedita vel illo qui tempore qui modi. Non ex doloremque illum ut eum quis iure. Quia distinctio nihil dolor voluptas est. Dolore eveniet quo voluptas nostrum et ut.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Lazard Freres No 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 18 98.3%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (20) $385
  • Associates (91) $259
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (68) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
bolo up's picture
bolo up
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”