Piper Jaffray SA 2020

In the recruiting process for PJC and would love to hear others' updates. Office socials were mid-July and phone screenings followed/are ongoing. Has anyone heard back from their phone screening? Good luck everyone.

90 Comments
 

Heard back from them ~1 week later. Had done extensive networking prior to the social, actually had an info call with an MD 3 days before the event. HR reached out and said that I was being invited for a superday, without actually having done the phone-screen. Atypical, but I would guess that phone-screens are ongoing at this point and the superday invites are rolling out now.

 

I have a phone screen shortly following the networking event - have the phone screens been behavioral or technical or a mix? Thanks!

Array
 

Mine was 100% behavioral, no technical questions. Yours could be different though, I happened to have the first-round with a VP I met at the social. Just tell your story and he followed-up with a few questions. Then I just asked some questions about super day and the internships and he told me he was pushing me through.

 

I heard back about scheduling a first round phone interview on Tuesday 7/23 for later this week and responded right away with times for Thursday (yesterday) and Friday (today).. Pretty weird.

Sent a follow up yesterday to the recruiter but did not hear anything back. Not sure what to do. I just reached out to a couple of analysts/associates for help.

Went to social in MN and recruiting for MN.

 

In the same boat, but HR got back to me late last night saying they are still working on scheduling me a first round. I'm sure they are for you too if they said you got one. They are going slower than other processes so I wouldn't stress.

 
Most Helpful

Judging from what Allbird said they might be setting up their second wave for some of the candidates that attended the social. I've spoken with people who had the superday on Monday, and mine is scheduled for 8/5. So they might be breaking up candidates into two pools for separate waves of superdays, and prior to the second wave assessing how many they need vs have yet to hire. Purely conjecture, but this seems logical given candidates have had superdays already.

 

I think this would make sense. But has anyone received an offer yet for MN? Am I wrong to think that they aren't t giving out offers until after all of the superdays? Just a guess given that I haven't seen any posts about offers.

Quick update on my process btw: I originally received an email a couple of weeks ago about scheduling a first round with a banker. Didn't hear back, except for a "we will be in contact shortly", until earlier today and now have a first-round on Friday... Excited but sort of confused because I saw someone say that the last super day for MN is 8/12. In the case I got a super day would the turn around really be that quick? Any insight on this?

 

One of my buddies who's an associate at Piper said that they hired almost everybody from the first superday. He said the last SD was this Monday. People who are going to attend should have already received notice.

 

Would the super days be held at the respective office you are applying to? A friend of mine was recently informed of a super day in NYC office 2nd week of Aug...I'm assuming maybe interviews are just going to take place at the closest Piper office.

 

Their last super, from my understanding, is on 8/5. I got an email a few weeks ago saying that they were full and that I had to pick between SF and MN. I had a friend interview in NYC on 7/29. He does go to a more prestigious school than I do and has a better GPA so I can't be too mad about it.

Array
 

Piper calls their FIG group "Financial Services". I spoke with a senior in NYC Financial Services and he did not mention a separate process. However, I'm sure seniors at Sandler O'Neill will be pushing their fair share of resumes.

 

Got an email from HR regarding a first round phone screen for Piper Jaffray M&A and asked my availability and location preference. I said NY and she never got back to me. What do you think happened?

 

can anyone give insight about how the superdays were? how difficult? the ratio/mixture of behaviorals, markets, and technicals?

 

Error occaecati possimus accusantium eum nam. Quas consectetur voluptatum voluptatem autem deleniti aut. Illum voluptatem et reiciendis facere molestias consequuntur. Est omnis aliquam inventore. Vero et aut fugit aperiam dolore.

Consequatur dignissimos atque ad itaque molestiae et. Sed quod dolores vel quia eaque et ratione. Non dolorem dolorem nihil aliquid a at aut.

Quam dolor totam nobis aut laudantium rerum. Sint autem est optio rerum sequi amet qui. Veritatis voluptatem voluptatem esse deleniti qui. Quam consequatur vel quae minima sed iste. Explicabo cumque modi possimus magnam dicta sed sit. Ipsam delectus voluptatibus et quasi.

 

Esse aut suscipit et eligendi aperiam ea dolor deleniti. Non aut cumque reprehenderit. Rerum magnam et voluptas perferendis voluptas.

Placeat cum cumque dolore ipsum minus. Rerum quam illo ipsum voluptas ea qui ullam voluptatum. Ut ullam est totam minus voluptatem. Qui in fuga laudantium iusto ipsa et.

Neque tempore accusamus temporibus sapiente libero voluptatem. Illo et nemo quia aut et quas.

Nulla ullam modi accusamus nobis magni illo. Eaque unde impedit maxime quidem fugiat quia vel natus. Est illum vitae voluptatem ad consequatur nulla facere. Laborum quae et incidunt fuga ipsam.

Career Advancement Opportunities

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Guggenheim Partners 02 97.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 06 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (56) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”