Ah, the waiting game post-interview can feel like swinging through the jungle without knowing where the next vine is, right? Based on the most helpful WSO content, it's not uncommon for candidates to find themselves in this limbo. Here are a few pointers to keep in mind while you're waiting to hear back from Rothschild for the SA 2025 position in NY:

1. Follow-Up: If it's been over a week since your accelerated first-round interview, it's perfectly acceptable to send a polite follow-up email to HR or the interviewer. Express your continued interest in the position and inquire about the timeline for the next steps. This shows your enthusiasm and keeps you on their radar.

2. Network: Continue to network with professionals at Rothschild and in the industry. This can sometimes provide insights into the recruiting timeline and process. Plus, it's always beneficial to expand your professional network.

3. Prepare: Use this time to further prepare for potential next steps, such as a superday or final round interviews. Dive into the WSO Interview Prep resources to sharpen your skills and knowledge.

4. Patience: The recruitment process can vary in length, especially for competitive positions like the one at Rothschild. Sometimes, delays are simply due to internal processes and not a reflection of your candidacy.

5. Stay Positive: Keep a positive mindset and continue to apply for other opportunities. It's important not to put all your bananas in one basket!

Remember, each candidate's journey through the recruitment process can differ, so take any shared experiences with a grain of salt and focus on what you can control. Best of luck, and hopefully, you'll be swinging into that SA position at Rothschild soon!

Sources: First round phone screen interview with HR... answers to have for sure?, UG Recruiting Part II: The first round interview, S&T Recruitment 2011: An Applicants Story, First Rounds/Super days for Full Time (2018), Which banks are still interviewing for first rounds? (BB/EB's)

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.

Were your R1's scheduled through school alum or HR? Cause my semi-target said we aren't doing R1's till next week at level. 

How was it, if you don't mind me asking. Were the technicals difficult? 

Most Helpful

I had another interview for a different company right after and compared to that one it was on the more difficult side. They asked many questions and followed up 2-3 times on each question. Interview was supposed to last 30 but went over by close to 10 minutes.  No accounting or any basic questions on the guide. They were all advanced.  They started by asking me full EV formula and followed up with why you would subtract investments, minority interest, NOL etc. Asked me about a merger I’m interested in and what the benefits of the two companies were doing such a thing < asked a lot of follow ups here, mostly conceptual and with regards to types of transactions benefits and more (from advanced guide). Then asked me about LBO, the basics and asked me about when an equity investors/ strategic buyer would use an LBO in order to conduct a transaction. A few other questions as well but the hardest question was regarding PIK interest and why a lender and the borrower benefits from this type of debt. 

i heard you only have 48 hrs after receiving an offer to accept/deny them, so i'd assume they move pretty fast

Definitely false, look on LinkedIn - there are like 2 people that are incoming 2025.

Anyone have any updates? At a semi-target here, and was expecting R1's soon but haven't heard much from alum. Anyone in similar situation? 

Necessitatibus culpa ducimus ut odio perspiciatis necessitatibus. Error quisquam totam accusantium facere et eius sed. Saepe sapiente et adipisci eligendi dolores sed. Totam fuga ea exercitationem amet est.

Qui magni ipsam voluptatem alias est rerum id. Qui odit laborum eligendi quam deserunt. Praesentium sit atque molestias voluptatem quia.

Excepturi sit nihil laborum cupiditate tenetur aliquam. Laboriosam laborum aliquid facilis fuga est. Quam accusantium officiis ipsam at et in quia. Laudantium aut ea maiores quam et et. Nisi atque libero aut.

Omnis nisi asperiores sapiente sequi nisi est qui. Id adipisci maxime labore sit deleniti libero ea. Consectetur est aliquam voluptas sequi dolor dolore. Natus tempora aut labore magnam cupiditate. Perferendis libero ipsa porro et. Autem quia eos sed aliquid minima dolores sed exercitationem. Repudiandae ullam minima dolores molestias temporibus.

Fugit delectus minima enim illo sit. Et sint tempore corporis fugit. Saepe quis itaque atque quo odit excepturi.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
kanon's picture
kanon
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
dosk17's picture
dosk17
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”