carl.sagan

190k illegal immigrants or refugees?

Cause they kick the hardworking US-educated students like me out due to no sponsorship. 😂

Literally anyone can claim to be a refugee. There are numerous videos of NGOs south of the border literally coaching these people, then providing them bus tickets or air fare to get to the border so they can then walk through. Then they're handed money and sent off into the country without any way to track them. And despite what the corporate media tries to paint a picture of, it is >75% military-aged males with no verifiable documentation, many of whom aren't even from South/Central America. The TSA is literally confirmed to be allowing illegal immigrants that have been arrested to use their arrest warrants as a valid form of ID to fly within the US (source). These invaders should be corralled into the holding cells everyone was crying about under Trump (that Obama built) if not being immediately deported with force, not given handouts + free reign in this country.

This admin is spitting in the face of law abiding immigrants and people trying to come here legally. We should completely eliminate any refugee status for anyone trying to enter the country until further notice and limit it to just legal immigration. There's plenty of other countries they can go to if they are truly refugees that will be better than where they're leaving. No reason for us to take them just because they didn't want to stop somewhere else along the way here. 

"The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than cowardly" - Robert A. Wilson | "If you don't have any enemies in life you have never stood up for anything" - Winston Churchill | "It's a testament to the sheer belligerence of the profession that people would rather argue about the 'risk-adjusted returns' of using inferior tooth cleaning methods." - kellycriterion

Oh, brother I know. They basically throw away their passports and any documentation after entering through Mexico.

And apparently the US just gives work permits to almost anyone with a pulse coming in seeking asylum - even during Trump, now it's on steroids under Biden. A college mate of mine (same country as me) had his wife apply for refugee status (and she had no reason whatsoever to qualify), got it (under Trump), and he became a US person by spousal association.

And the guy who plagiarized and failed in aerodynamics works for some defense contractor now. And I who was the top of class had to leave the country cause I could not work in the field or get a work visa by other means. 

And the H1B work visa for people who studied in the US is lottery-based (abused heavily by Indians who petition with 8-10 fraudulent job offers from consultancies).

And then there is a diversity visa lottery for 55k people from "underrepresented nations" to enter every year based solely on a high-school diploma. It is slap in the face for people like me who don't want a handout and want to come on merit.

US needs a serious immigration reform.

You can’t hire a 4.0 GPA kid from a US school cause he can’t get a visa but you can hire people who ran across the border and got citizenship for nothing.

Make it make sense.

Not just finance. Look around in anything from engineering to sciences, there are 4.0 GPA kids disheartened and returning home while 2.5 GPA kids who came in undocumented are enjoying perks. 
The only field where a tad bit of merit system is applied is in medicine. Everything else is a mess.

For instance, read the story of the kid above.

Bro because GS and McK sponsor. If the city sponsored my visa to be a garbage man, I would take that deal over my current “4.0 gpa at target but no internship” situation

Yeah, you could take the diversity visa bullshit and assign those 50 thousand green card seats to the talent we produce. 
And many other countries have a point system, where you do certain things like complete studies, work a few years, get higher scores in tests and language tests, you earn points proportionally.

Once you clear the point hurdle, you qualify for green card. Less potential abuses and free riders that way.

But no, hard workers should return and illegals should get citizenship. Wokeism at its finest.

It’s funny because the immigrants “stealing” jobs are actually the backbone of our economy. They’re out at 5:00am driving to work 15 hours a day on construction and job sites making $10/hr. Most of the lower class in America are lazy and not willing to do the work for the pay. They don’t get hired because they don’t work as hard.

Most Helpful

The illegal aliens that trespass into the US should be deport back to where they come from. I hate how the country is now use the term migrant to describe this.

People like me, who come here legally for university and try to find work through the few positions available, are a migrant. We come from other country to here to find better opportunity and job. We attend university and were accepted through merit.

We are not the same as crooks who come into US and violate the law, a few even potentially dangerous to our society and deserve to be deport, they are stealing from citizens and immigrant who can otherwise contribute to the country. 

While I do empathize with your frustration, you're failing to examine the problem from the PoV of the people causing it...  

Not every part of the world has the educational infrastructure to provide the foundation that allows people to take the same path you took to legally enter the country.  Independent of infrastructure, some people have innate learning disabilities (dyslexia, etc.) that impede their ability to achieve an education.  To an extent, you're ability to take the path you took was determined by luck.

For people like this, entering the United States illegally is their best/only chance at a better life.  Because of the population size and democracy, the United States likely offers the most economic opportunity as compared to any other country on earth.  You want to stop illegal immigration?  Reduce the attractiveness of the United States because in the time in takes to send someone back to their country, 10 people just like them will have replaced them.

I now call them colonizers.....picked this term up from Palestinians in the recent conflict. If the Jews moving to Israel are colonizers, then what are the Palestinians and north Africans moving to Europe....

The illegal aliens that trespass into the US should be deport back to where they come from. I hate how the country is now use the term migrant to describe this.

No offense, but you don't provide any real value to the U.S. What exactly is your argument? You're a student who wants to get a degree and a white collar job? There are millions of people with those same goals who are U.S citizens. The difference between them and you is that their families have been here for generations and have paid taxes for decades. You're an outsider who feels entitled to this country's education and economic system. The fact that you deem anyone who crossed the border illegally as a "crook" who is undeserving of living here is just comedically ignorant. There are millions of illegal immigrants in the U.S who provide endless value via blue collar jobs that this country would collapse without. Unless you're some top scientist from another country who immediately adds value that the U.S can't find within their own citizens, it's going to be hard and it should be that way. 

This issue alone should be enough to sink Dementia Brandon. I am beyond pissed about this situation. 

Dementia Brandon is allowing this and even blocking efforts to stop illegal invasion in an effort to get more democrat voters in the door for the future of the party.  He/Obama/His Handlers are now going to try to pacify the situation a bit before election time to be able to claim in campaigns they are solving the problem - this is so with 4 more years of Dementia man we end up with 16 million illegals entering overall , who will multiply and vote the US into the total shithole it’s well on its way to becoming. 

Not just blocking efforts to stop it, actively trying to make the situation worse at every turn lol

"The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than cowardly" - Robert A. Wilson | "If you don't have any enemies in life you have never stood up for anything" - Winston Churchill | "It's a testament to the sheer belligerence of the profession that people would rather argue about the 'risk-adjusted returns' of using inferior tooth cleaning methods." - kellycriterion

What has not been mentioned that much in this thread is the amount of criminals, drug dealers (Fentanyl from China), and terrorists that are just walking up through the border. This is a National Security issue.

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." - Bruce Lee

That is another very pressing issue they do not seem to take seriously. And it is baffling. 
Students are spies but whoever is undocumented are all worthy of green cards and citizenships lol. And that is the avenue all the terrible people are exploiting.

These weaklings throwing MS hiding behind their screens can’t handle the truth.

Do you have references to a preferential system for undocumented migrants to receive green cards? The only special treatment I can think of is DACA, which prevents people who arrived in the US as children from being deported for two years, subject to renewal after that period.

Please denote what terrorists are crossing the border by land. As someone with prior work experience related to this, I can categorically state that the vast majority of terrorists are either domestic or arrive via airplane like everyone else.

Very few walk into the US. If you want to control our borders, check your local international airport.

KnowsNothing

These are some truly nonsensical takes on our immigration system. Use some research and citations for statements next time, and then I think everyone in the discussion will be better off for it.

What here are nonsensical takes? You ask people to provide citations yet include none of your own as a counter. Pretty telling. 

Edit: lmfao people should seriously read the sources this guy tries to use, they refute the very arguments he tries to make with them

atlantafanta

The US is a country built by immigrants. Almost every person is either an immigrant or a descendant of an immigrant. 

The next time you want to judge someone else based on being an immigrant, think hard about where you came from and how you got here, you’re not much different 

How amusing it is to watch you ignorant liberals squeal with this false equivalency. No one is judging anyone for being an immigrant. In fact every conservative I know actively wants to take in more of the educated immigrants who are trying to get here legally from places that actually share Western values like Europe.

Ever heard of Ellis Island? America was built by LEGAL immigrants who came here LEGALLY, wanting to assimilate and create in the name of building something better. Not swells of illegal invaders coming just to create their own separate ethnic ghettos, collecting handouts from a corrupt government and further shoving the country into a tailspin.

Brainlet take. My 3x great grandfather came to America in the mid 1800s and immediately went west- there were no handouts, no welfare programs, no free housing. He came to what was still largely a frontier (the American west).

That is entirely different than someone coming to the most prosperous country in the world, getting flown to cities where they are given housing, meals, phones, etc.

In the first instance it attracts people who want to build a better life- it attracts those with the American spirit. In the second instance, the quality of people attracted here is diluted when you leave a 3rd world country and are immediately handed a better lifestyle.

Please do not vote or procreate.

Yeah you’re right, all those Anglo-Saxon “immigrants” who toiled on the frontier and built the immense wealth we enjoy today from absolutely nothing are exactly equivalent to illegals who only cross the border to parasitize off suicidally altruistic government benefits, claiming refugee status despite walking through a dozen safe countries on the way, or the H1Bs from India who ethno-nepotistically only hire their own caste/religion/race with impunity (especially throughout tech) because god forbid someone with a shade of skin darker than bark is ever criticized for anything, that would be racist! Bigoted, even! Can’t have that now, can we? We’ll just have to spin this in such a way that blames “white privilege” or “white supremacy”.

I dream about a world where every citizen remains in their own country and try to change things around instead of escaping to the US, so then every country could improve and there wouldn't be a need to immigrate in Europe or US. At least, that's how locals resolved any issues through the history: Revolutions on top of revolution, but it seems that people are nowadays weak and afraid to face any problem. Imagine that 2-5% of the smartest and most educated citizens escape to others countries for better opportunities, but what if those same people, with their ambition would remain locally in the Government, Central Bank, Politics, etc. etc. and try to turn around their country for the better? Immigration is part of capitalism where the most valuable things (people) flow to the places that are willingly to pay more for it (US/Europe), basically a consequence of free market.

Restless

I dream about a world where every citizen remains in their own country and try to change things around instead of escaping to the US, so then every country could improve and there wouldn't be a need to immigrate in Europe or US. At least, that's how locals resolved any issues through the history: Revolutions on top of revolution, but it seems that people are nowadays weak and afraid to face any problem. Imagine that 2-5% of the smartest and most educated citizens escape to others countries for better opportunities, but what if those same people, with their ambition would remain locally in the Government, Central Bank, Politics, etc. etc. and try to turn around their country for the better? Immigration is part of capitalism where the most valuable things (people) flow to the places that are willingly to pay more for it (US/Europe), basically a consequence of free market.

As much as I hate woke liberals disintegrating our country, this take would not work. 
First, our ancestors migrated to the US too. Cannot really say “too bad” to other folks chasing dreams after personally massacring the true natives. And no one gets to choose where they are born.

Second, not all countries have the ideological system in place for the 2% right-tailed intellectuals to flourish. Given the rampant corruption in place, they would either be tossed out of the system or off the face of the earth. Revolutions generally come from average public being polarized towards a view.

Third, if such people were to not come to the US, we would neither have a space program before the Soviets nor would Silicon valley be in the US. The whole reason Armstrong got to go to the moon first was because we brought in troves of Nazi scientists and engineers after the war. Same with silicon valley and Indian engineers. 

The US needs the intellectual capital. Like you said capital flows and it should. Without it, our country’s downfall would come even quicker than these wokes’ attempt to ruin it.

Thus, no immigration would also be extremely counterproductive to both countries of origin and to US and the Europe. That is why we need a blend of both extremes - a merit based system that awards you based on your work to integrate your intellectual capital into the US.

US definitely needs better security at the Mexico border. With that said, the fearmongering over migrants launching terrorist attacks conveniently forgets 9/11 terrorists were in the country legally (Saudi Arabia faced no repercussions, but Iraq and Afghanistan did). And domestic terrorists (right, we call them mentally ill) exercising their 2A rights at schools, malls, etc. are nearly all US citizens.

I agree citizens of South American and other countries need to stay in place and try to fix their countries. But the US has made this problematic for many nations over many decades. Read up on how US has consistently violated international norms and national borders and toppled governments, armed rebels, etc. in the name of war on drugs, cold war, war on terror (and war on woke is next?). Making a mess of other countries makes it harder for those citizens to want to live in their birth countries. But I would guess most of you lack the curiosity or compassion to understand what happened or is happening, thanks to Uncle Sam, in numerous non-white/non-Christian countries across the world.

As for those posters seeking to distinguish their legal entry into the USA from the illegal migrant, bear in mind you are not competing with these migrants for H1 visas and, mostly likely, the only thing you have going for you over them is luck. You were lucky to be born in a nation with stability and educational institutions. You were lucky to be born with access to money that you used to come to the US. For a better life. That last part is what illegals are doing. But you were relatively much better off, while some of them are from severely distressed situations. So, morally, they rank over you in deserving opportunities for a better life.

While we should do much better in securing the border with Mexico, the long term solution is to step up border control along with dialing back on using military and soft power to make s******** of other countries.

We need these people. Poor Americans are literally the laziest cohort of people on earth. We need people to work fast food, back of the house kitchens, construction and other menial tasks, cause our poor is too busy living on welfare to lift a finger.

The government doesn’t want to completely stop illegals because then our economy would grind to a halt.

Want to solve the immigration problem? Stop voting for all these social welfare programs. And tax the corporations more than regular citizens while you’re at it.

Smoke Frog

We need these people. Poor Americans are literally the laziest cohort of people on earth. We need people to work fast food, back of the house kitchens, construction and other menial tasks, cause our poor is too busy living on welfare to lift a finger.

The government doesn’t want to completely stop illegals because then our economy would grind to a halt.

Want to solve the immigration problem? Stop voting for all these social welfare programs. And tax the corporations more than regular citizens while you’re at it.

Seriously, all the immigrants I’ve bet were the hardest working people. Meanwhile fatass Americans in rural south sit on their ass complaining that “no one wants to work” 

sasha_j24

Kind of hard to work construction when people with third-world economic standards are willing to work longer hours, for LESS, and in far worse conditions. Would you do that? No, you wouldn’t? Does that mean you’re lazy, or does it mean that your standards for life are higher?

Sounds like capitalism to me 

Biden and the Dems don't care because they need voters for this upcoming election, and cheap labor to help the economy (which will also help his re-election efforts). 

"I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse."

Bunch of fucking morons ITT.

Government isn’t stopping it because they WANT increased illegals and lower wage workers. Time and time again you see big warehouses, often in red states, getting raided and dozens if not hundreds are illegal immigrants. 

Fatass Joe wearing his trump hat, riding a scooter at Walmart isn’t working these jobs. 

“Far We've been traveling far Without a home But not without a star

Free Only want to be free We huddle close Hang on to a dream On the boats and on the planes They're coming to America Never looking back again They're coming to America

Home Don't it seem so far away Oh, we're traveling light today In the eye of the storm In the eye of the storm

Home To a new and a shiny place Make our bed and we'll say our grace Freedom's light burning warm Freedom's light burning warm Everywhere around the world

They're coming to America Every time that flag's unfurled They're coming to America Got a dream to take them there They're coming to America Got a dream they've come to share They're coming to America

They're coming to America They're coming to America They're coming to America They're coming to America Today, today Today, today, today

My country 'tis of thee (today) Sweet land of liberty (today) Of thee I sing (today) Of thee I sing

Today, today, today Today, today, (today, today)”

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." - Bruce Lee

Lester Diamond

This is coming from an NYer but I hope we get millions more. It’s so funny watching all of these libs go right on immigration, too late! 

What’s the deal with right wingers constantly cheering for worsening conditions, just to “own the libs”? Gotta be a mental illness 

Do you not see why this is deserved? There are mountains of statements / media from “sanctuary cities” saying they would welcome migrants with open arms and simultaneously condemned places like TX that was trying to get a handle on the issue. 

This is well deserved and I would argue necessary to (hopefully) bring people back to reality on this issue.

Dolor inventore aspernatur dolor consequatur ut reiciendis reprehenderit ut. Consectetur tempora omnis deleniti ipsum eum. Eos eos quia nulla dolore.

Consequatur labore corrupti doloremque esse numquam. Ab quibusdam deserunt labore. Quisquam quia architecto distinctio quae ut consequatur consectetur. Beatae omnis optio eveniet nostrum pariatur quia. Assumenda quis voluptatum modi dolor in tempora.

Deserunt voluptates libero eaque voluptatem. Ratione minus veniam fuga eveniet rerum. Id ratione autem at debitis quas quibusdam repellat.

Cumque sint odio sequi voluptas. Et modi eos dolores. Reprehenderit quo distinctio aspernatur est dolorum facilis. Eum qui neque magni tempore ratione.

Neque aperiam perspiciatis qui modi sunt. Necessitatibus ut ad velit corporis unde. Aut voluptas praesentium cupiditate voluptatibus quia. Odio occaecati dolor ad dolor omnis non.

Sit et qui porro quisquam vitae iusto ducimus. Laudantium libero veritatis eos odio. Aliquam nulla quis deserunt architecto doloremque. Omnis perspiciatis vel sint in culpa veniam laboriosam. Qui perspiciatis eos pariatur et. Mollitia quia et quae voluptatem repellendus deleniti autem sunt.

Et ipsum et quis accusantium. Est labore natus molestiae. Non ab quam voluptate non dolorem. Qui unde quibusdam aut magnam amet doloremque rerum ad. Mollitia blanditiis ipsum blanditiis. Omnis tempore perspiciatis numquam ex. Harum fugit sint sapiente eligendi.

Repellendus quam dolores consequatur quia ratione iste est. Quas rem sapiente incidunt tenetur nesciunt cum quis. Hic fugit iure ipsam qui illum in quia.

Harum dolorem dolor explicabo amet. Aut laudantium et minima et numquam ullam pariatur. Quasi earum numquam qui fugit.

Veritatis possimus nihil dignissimos ut et. Ullam doloremque sunt occaecati repellat expedita. Ut unde rerum rerum reprehenderit.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
bolo up's picture
bolo up
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”