2023: What are your buy-side perks?

What perks are you seeing on the buyside (PE/HF) these days? Ill start - currently at a $30bn Credit Hedge Fund: Lunch and Dinner ($25) stipend, fully stocked pantry, car rides after 8PM, monthly fitness stipend, great health/dental/vision plans, partial phone bill stipend, and a lot of outings (which sometimes may or may not be a perk ha!)

stickychicken

25 bucks combined for lunch and dinner? What, are you just eating street meat all day? Also, car rides after 8pm ain't that great - sounds like you're just a modern day slave being tricked into thinking you're doing well

Lmao what's with the personal attacks ??

MM PE. $30 lunch, $45 dinner, stocked pantry/fridge, gym in building, car after 8.

MMPE, NYC  

Endless food - fully catered breakfast, lunch, and dinner with like 3 pantries and fridges full of food / drinks. Downside of fully catered is you don’t get to choose where you go (of course you can order whatever on your own dime), but it does remove the price limit

Ubers home. Premium economy on all flights, business class if over a certain distance or if you have to take the redeye.

Summer offsites in the Hamptons or Miami, winter offsites in Aspen. Company paid-for Equinox (or other gym of comparable price). Company paid phone and phone plan, and company paid WFH equipment

It’s nothing particularly special for the industry, but it’s really nice when you compare against most jobs out there

I mean we had free coffee but yeah, it was shitty pantry coffee. Not a big coffee guy anyways but at least having the option of a free cappuccino or espresso would have been nice

Unlimited lunch / dinner. WFH 4 days a week. Yearly offsite in nice areas. Great benefits. Premium hotels / first class flights. Black cars home.

At my fund, we have breakfast laid out in the morning, you can order from Feedr for lunch (2-3 options to choose from), and £25? dinner, as well as Uber/cab home if working late (although I don't remember the specs for the evening stuff because I have a kid and try to be home earlier / tube is faster). Good insurance, nice hotels when traveling, business class for any flight longer than 5h. I'm pretty happy about it.

I am however very jealous of a colleague's partner, who works at TDR. They have the proper, old school PE type benefits. The guys bought the bar across the street from them as their "hangout spot" - which yeah sure it's cool, although I don't drink. But they have a masseuse come in every day, she's the personal masseuse of one of the guys on the door and she sticks around for whoever else needs straightening out.I have such a bad back, if I got a massage every 2nd day, it'd be heaven...

Funniest

My VP touches me inappropriately, we have to buy sandwiches out of a vending machine, and my chair gives me piles

Most Helpful

MM PE (~$2Bn fund size). I think we’re on the bourgier side of things but pretty standard. 

- Top notch insurance coverage for free (no premiums, deductibles, etc.)

- Wellness subsidy with a very loose definition, i.e., can be used on gym membership, personal trainer, running shoes, athleisure wear, massages, classes/education, etc. You can be creative (a coworker used his on cooking classes)

- First class travel everywhere, stay at nice hotels. Partners have a jet that you’ll occasionally tag along on

- Pay for b school prep expenses (GMAT, consultants, trips to visit schools, etc.)

- No WFH policy (i.e., no set days in office. Default is 5 days a week but no one bats an eye if you take a day or two from home per week, it’s not tracked or mandated)

- Catered lunch on Mondays, free dinner whenever (not time limited). No special approval needed to use corp card for social events/team building, so random Thursday/Friday HHs are comped as is the odd team lunch when everyone is slow and can sit down somewhere nice

Single family office:

• Hot breakfast each Monday, bagels / yogurts / etc. avail rest of week, then a bunch of random snacks and drinks; catered lunches for our "standard" in-office days 2-3x / week (reality is you can basically WFH whenever you want)
  • No dinner stipend or cars home since nobody works in the office late, travel meal stipend pretty solid at $110 / day
  • Pretty solid health insurance and other health-related benefits, such as special plans for cancer, fertility / other paths to parenthood such as adoption (up to $10k / yr)
  • Standard commuter / parking benefits, life insurance, disability insurance, etc.
  • $75 / mo off cell phone plans, or firm will provide a device
  • Up to $1.2k per year wellness stipend
  • $500 1x stipend when hired for home office equipment such as monitors / keyboards / new chair / whatever
  • Economy plus or equivalent on all flights, first class / business on flights 5hrs+ or red eyes
  • Lots of flex on hotels when traveling - minimum 4 stars, sometimes 5
  • 2:1 charitable contribution match (capped at $40k from firm)
  • 4% 401k match
  • Annual offsites in a nice location
  • $5.25k / year educational assistance, but apparently my firm would fully sponsor an MBA for me if I wanted (probably won't go down this route)
  • Can work remotely 4 wks / yr anywhere in the world, no questions asked as long as you get your work done and generally work US time zones
  • Being at a family office, have a generally flexible reimbursement policy as long as you can make a compelling business case for it

Entirely depends on who the principal is from what I've seen (more so that than AUM). Some places you'll be incredibly pampered and will fly first class everywhere for example, and I have a buddy who got to use the principal's PJ during COVID when he had to travel for work (as in he'd take the plane by himself). Others are incredibly strict and can't fly business / first class for any reason, have to stay at cheaper hotels, etc.

Are these comments typical or above average perks? Some of this seems much more lenient than banking

Is this a humble brag thread ? I can basically do whatever I want for WFH. Some weeks 1-2 days and some weeks more or less. 45 for lunch and 45 for dinner. Cabs are a "soft" 8pm. Business class always but if it's obscene like a 40 minute flight for a grand I'll take economy. Trying to not miss the forest. 5 star hotels etc. They're much stricter on our associates though - but it's all about perceived value add. If the partner feels like you're a rockstar he is not going to care about a grand here and there

Have heard from buddies there that Sixth Street has incredible perks

Associate at credit arm of UMM PE shop. We get $100 to spend on food a day starting with coffee on your way to office. The rest is stanadard: mediocre wellness stipend, stocked pantry, free late night Ubers, nice hotels (no first class flights). Overall, we don’t have anything crazy but the meal stipend is pretty elite.

Associate 1 in PE - LBOs

MF - unlimited seamless for lunch/dinner, very good healthcare package at no cost, profit share, Ubers past 8pm, first class flights, MBA sponsorship for HBS/GSB/Wharton

Warburg?

Excepturi et voluptas et. Enim libero in eum et quidem aut. Fugit unde porro ut optio qui. Aut sed ab dolores itaque exercitationem.

Sit autem in similique ut quisquam id corrupti eos. Ipsum tempore rerum consequatur dignissimos. Asperiores dicta illum libero voluptas facere. Enim dolore provident atque molestiae quo inventore. Omnis ipsa quaerat impedit. Magnam mollitia sed totam necessitatibus quia ipsa quaerat.

Labore suscipit neque in corrupti. Quam facere sunt omnis nam neque accusamus. Dolorum alias inventore et quaerat. Dolor commodi ut magni.

Possimus totam consequatur placeat eveniet est repudiandae eaque. Minus quidem ipsam est id ut eveniet minus.

Commodi officiis illo numquam perspiciatis non quas ea. Saepe et ad molestiae unde dolores quos asperiores. Aut non cupiditate vero quis consequuntur. Rerum animi excepturi maxime id sint autem. Quis rerum alias vero nisi.

Id qui quia dolores sunt recusandae qui illum. In non quas velit. Minus voluptatem unde odio non. Voluptas illum quam non aliquid exercitationem.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Private Equity

• The Riverside Company 99.5%
  • Blackstone Group 99.0%
  • Warburg Pincus 98.4%
  • KKR (Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) 97.9%
  • Bain Capital 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Blackstone Group 98.9%
  • KKR (Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) 98.4%
  • Ardian 97.9%
  • Bain Capital 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Bain Capital 99.0%
  • Blackstone Group 98.4%
  • Warburg Pincus 97.9%
  • Starwood Capital Group 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

• Principal (9) $653
  • Director/MD (22) $569
  • Vice President (92) $362
  • 3rd+ Year Associate (91) $281
  • 2nd Year Associate (206) $266
  • 1st Year Associate (387) $229
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (29) $154
  • 2nd Year Analyst (83) $134
  • 1st Year Analyst (246) $122
  • Intern/Summer Associate (32) $82
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (314) $59
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”