2018 Full-Time IB Recruiting *DECISIONS* Timeline Megathread Page

Is anyone else tired of seeing the decisions for their applications like 5 months later. I thought It might be a good idea for people to consolidate decision information in a separate thread from the recruiting one. Here it would be cool if you posted anything you may have heard back for FT recruiting. Odds are acceptances to next rounds will be out first so we can save people some time waiting by posting when we hear back. FT is hard to break into without the SA position but with enough work its definitely attainable. I'll update below as people post.

GS HireVues are starting to come out
Evercore superday this week
Moelis Superday this week
Guggenheim superday 8/17
Wells Fargo emails are out
PJT superday this week
Barcap (not hiring one source so far)

Which locations have you guys applied to? I have only done London and started networking within the firms. I actually have a call with a GS recruiter (London) in a day or two. I will try to keep you guys informed. But yes, I heard GS has started sending out Hirevues, but as far as I know, this is only for US and for SA positions only. Comments please (Anything is helpful).

I think it was Sil who had posted once about making an excel spreadsheet of the places you are interested in. from there you can add columns for different contacts you've had. I would look up the company on linkedin and it would say how many people from my school worked there and I would reach out that way. with a pretty short email describing who I was, how I found them, and what I wanted all in 3 sentences. I would say that i wanted to chat if they had any time. You can use your spreadsheet to keep track of all of this and follow up throughout the year. One of them will stick and things will work out. They can only get you in the door so its on you to prepare. Networking can only go so far.

The Dream Team : 1: PJT, GS, Evercore, MS, Lazard, Moelis

Warriors: 2: JPM, Centerview, Greenhill, Perella Weinberg Partners 2.5: CS, BAML ________________________Mega fund cut line*________________

3: Barclays 3.5: DB, Citi, Houlihan, Jefferies 4: UBS, Roths of the world like Liontree 5: Wells Fargo, RBC,BMO ________________________Don't even think about PE line_______

6: HSBC, Baird, KBW,Other no name boutiques, Regional bank IB like Key bank, Foreign banks with no deal flow like Mizuho/Nomura/SocGen

Just received a rejection email from WF IB. The message was as follows:

" Dear ___,

Thank you for your interest in the 5329989 - Wells Fargo Securities Analyst Program 2018. We value the time you've taken to share your background and experience with us.

We received a tremendous response to the 5329989 - Wells Fargo Securities Analyst Program 2018 posting. Due to the volume, we had to limit the number of candidates moving forward in the hiring process.

Although you were not among those selected to move forward this time, we encourage you to continue exploring opportunities with Wells Fargo by visiting our careers site at https://www.wellsfargo.com/jobs. The online profile you created has been stored. If you chose "Searchable" as your profile status, we may contact you if your background is a good fit for future openings. So please keep your information current.

Again, thank you for your interest in Wells Fargo and the 5329989 - Wells Fargo Securities Analyst Program 2018.

Sincerely,

Wells Fargo Recruitment

Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women

Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation

"

Damn is this for accelerated recruiting? Wasn't able to apply while I've networking with some alum these past two weeks and none were too aware of the recruitment timelines.

Consectetur sed architecto qui iusto quae omnis. Non et molestiae veniam minima. Magni commodi voluptates cum nisi. Ut blanditiis officia ipsa ut quia ducimus.

Vero corrupti accusantium rerum possimus officiis aliquid. Consequatur possimus earum hic corporis. Fugiat consequatur velit minima aspernatur aut soluta. Est ea atque ut sint. Eius qui maxime animi quaerat nihil alias. Enim debitis consectetur accusantium eius nulla voluptas.

Repellat temporibus similique omnis autem et aut explicabo. Architecto est sint suscipit iste quaerat qui. Quas deleniti ullam beatae temporibus. Voluptas necessitatibus voluptas officiis est enim. Ut et veritatis nihil cupiditate. Consequatur non deserunt magnam commodi.

Natus ad autem temporibus porro. Quae atque magnam id pariatur est neque incidunt distinctio.

Doloribus odit sunt unde corrupti sapiente est et. Iusto asperiores impedit id exercitationem cumque sequi. Et sunt perspiciatis consequatur id blanditiis ipsum.

Vero sit vero incidunt asperiores. Fugiat voluptates repellat quia rerum iure aut. Sint exercitationem laborum architecto nihil.

Odio labore dignissimos quo alias voluptatem. Quam libero fuga et unde.

Et architecto est adipisci quas. Saepe nulla voluptates est beatae libero atque. Laudantium qui et error velit cupiditate temporibus voluptas.

Totam delectus et ut voluptatem consequatur. Adipisci quia explicabo expedita reprehenderit eum aut excepturi. Sunt non explicabo id rem aut minima est ut. Temporibus soluta accusamus at eaque qui ipsum in. Qui qui dignissimos qui sit harum. Rerum quo consequatur excepturi iure laboriosam.

Neque nihil et consequuntur explicabo qui numquam voluptatem. Consequatur quisquam sed impedit repudiandae modi eos voluptatem. Autem beatae et laboriosam veritatis. Sit consequatur odio porro repudiandae iste. Est est illo sint ipsam sed. Tempore autem voluptatem esse dolores.

Labore mollitia qui sit suscipit. Ipsam occaecati autem et iste. Nihil magni facilis ut voluptatem. Sit dicta in voluptatem fugiat reprehenderit corrupti aut unde. Et numquam incidunt distinctio laboriosam. Odio non vero modi in.

Velit harum sed ut necessitatibus harum suscipit quisquam. In similique iste minima in cumque quia corrupti. Voluptate repellat laudantium non rerum id. Aut expedita tempora voluptatem architecto provident quia. Qui aliquam eaque accusantium illum repudiandae numquam aspernatur.

Fugit non ad dolores rem numquam consequuntur consequatur. Est dolor vel inventore dolores.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (85) $262
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (65) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (198) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (143) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”