Pages

2019 Goldman Sachs Exploratory Program HireVue

frankxie's picture

Hey guys, I just got the HireVue invite yesterday for the exploratory program. Has anyone finished it? How is the question?

Comments (207)

Nov 27, 2018

They asked me the following:

1. Are you able to attend the entirety of the program if selected?
  2. How do you bring diversity to the firm?
  3. What division are you targeting in the firm?

My friend received these questions as well. Hope this was helpful

Nov 28, 2018

This really helps! When did you take the HireVue?

Nov 27, 2018

Yesterday. I believe they send out Hirevues every Monday

Dec 3, 2018

Hi did you get the same questions as well for your HireVue interview? Thanks a lot! I get that invite email today.

Nov 28, 2018

clutch

Learn More

7,548 questions across 469 investment banks. The WSO Investment Banking Interview Prep Course has everything you'll ever need to start your career on Wall Street. Technical, Behavioral and Networking Courses + 2 Bonus Modules. Learn more.

Dec 3, 2018

They only asked me one semi-curveball question. They asked how I dealt with an extremely difficult and new situation. Questioning wasn't super hard at all.

Dec 5, 2018

can I know when you did the interview?

Most Helpful
Dec 4, 2018

Last week I got asked only one question. It was something along the lines of telling them about a skill I learned and how it affected me personally or professionally. Honestly, it threw me for a bit of a loop.

• underscore19701
  •  Dec 19, 2018

Have you heard anything back?

Dec 4, 2018

No, I have not.

• underscore19701
  •  Dec 19, 2018

Have you heard anything back?

Dec 19, 2018

Has anyone gotten a blank email from GS???????? wack

Nov 28, 2018

[]

Dec 19, 2018

1) target or non-target?
2) when did you apply?
3) how long was your response to the question?

Dec 19, 2018

I got the blank email as well..error possibly?

Dec 5, 2018

I also got a blank email. lol.....

• underscore19701
  •  Dec 20, 2018

yes, I need to do my hirevue though

Dec 20, 2018

I got two emails today, one was blank also

Dec 23, 2018

They are still having these?! I had mine like 3-4 weeks ago. I am from a complete non-target (you've more than likely never heard of the city, much less the school), I don't remember when I applied, and I think there was like a minute and a half to answer on HireVu (I honestly don't even remember at this point).

Have we all applied IBD?

Jan 3, 2019

I was contacted by a GS recruiter today about applying for these programs before the deadline. Are there any ones you guys would particularly recommend?

Jan 7, 2019

Guys I just did mine via Hirevue yesterday and I was like what the heck there's ONLY 1 question. Have you guys all received 1 question or is it just me? Literally was preparing for 2 days and it was over in 2 minutes...

Jan 8, 2019

Lol yea but the email says "Estimated Interview Duration: 5.0 minutes"

Jan 7, 2019

Yeah you do have a point. Guess I'm comparing GS to MS's program. When I did the HIrevue for them it was done in about 6 minutes but 3 questions and 2 tries each.

Jan 7, 2019

How long after applying did you guys receive the hire view

Jan 7, 2019

About 4 days after with 2 emails following

Jan 3, 2019

Less than a day. Got it Monday morning (1/8) and applied Sunday (1/7).

Jan 8, 2019

Where can I find the app info for this? Not seeing it anywhere for some reason.

Jan 7, 2019

How many tries did you guys get for each question?

Nov 28, 2018

Jan 7, 2019

Cold-hearted GS only 1 chance hhh

Jan 8, 2019

Did you guys receive your questions in an email ahead of time?

Jan 8, 2019

Don't think so

Jan 8, 2019

Just wondering will everyone applied receive the hirevue invite? I applied like four or five days ago but haven't received the invite yet

Jan 8, 2019

I applied Sunday evening and received mine this morning

Jan 8, 2019

^Likewise

Jan 7, 2019

Check your junk mailbox. That's how I got mine

Jan 7, 2019

This Sunday as in 2 days ago or the previous one?also did anyone get a confirmation email after they submitted their application.

Nov 28, 2018

Waves of hirevues I believe are sent out every Monday

Jan 8, 2019

What questions did you guys get for those who received the hirevue recently?

Jan 3, 2019

I received the "talk about a skill you learned and how it impacted your professionally and/or personally" question. I don't think it went great, but my response was about 1 minute 15 seconds out of the 2 minutes given.

Jan 8, 2019

Do the GS exploratory programs actually help in getting internships? How exactly do they help given that they don't have superdays attached

Jan 3, 2019

I'm also curious about this. Which programs are you guys eligible for?

Jan 7, 2019

Surprisingly I'm actually eligible for all of them really not lying or faking anything. Background is a bit complex and Econ at my school counts as STEM so...

Jan 7, 2019

When are we supposed to hear back

Jan 9, 2019

seems like its one question

Jan 9, 2019

I think we should be hearing back from GS within the next week given that the deadline to apply was within the past week. This would be in line with how they did it last year, from what I've read at least.

Jan 8, 2019

how long were your responses to the hireview? I finished mine early because I was afraid I was repeating myself.

Jan 9, 2019

depends. Which questions did you cut short? Did you have more than 1

Jan 8, 2019

It was the skill I learned and how it affected my personal and professional life and I only had one.

Jan 9, 2019

Yea, no problem cutting it short, as long as you answered it. Definitely better than dragging it out and risk repeating or adding info that isnt strong

Jan 9, 2019

Which exploratory programs did you select? curious

Jan 8, 2019

Ok sweet I was stressing that I cut it off. I selected all of them except for the STEM one.

Jan 9, 2019

Hi ! I have my interview today and wanted to know what questions everyone got ? mine says I only have one question but I'm not sure what it is

Nov 28, 2018

Read the above thread and please change your username. If an employer sees you on WSO, that is very cringe.

Jan 10, 2019

Hey! My HireVue interview is coming up soon. I looked at the questions that everyone said they go but Im not sure if i should only focus on those or try to hit a few behavioral ones just in case?

Jan 10, 2019

Did anyone hear back?

Jan 10, 2019

Just completed this. I was asked one question... "Name one skill that you learned on your own and how this shaped you". Seems like they will only ask one or a couple questions since they have so many applications to review (following the AI screen).

Jan 7, 2019

Anyone's profile say 81% complete??

Jan 10, 2019

If you click on your profile button, you just need to update more of the information about yourself.

Learn More

7,548 questions across 469 investment banks. The WSO Investment Banking Interview Prep Course has everything you'll ever need to start your career on Wall Street. Technical, Behavioral and Networking Courses + 2 Bonus Modules. Learn more.

Jan 13, 2019

I think you might be missing your gpa, mine was at 81% too until I updated that then it was at 100

Jan 13, 2019

I got the one question about skills as well, I am seeing conflicting info on here do we hear back within the next week or not until march?

Jan 7, 2019

Everyone's not sure so hang on tight. The results could be out in a week but also could go the other way.

Jan 7, 2019

My program, the woman's program, is on February 7th so I need to hear back soon I think

Dec 19, 2018

Ya I'm hoping we hear soon!

Jan 14, 2019

Does anyone else's say "Date Assigned" January 14???

Nov 28, 2018

Yeah

Dec 4, 2018

Mine says January 15. Any idea what this date means?

Jan 15, 2019

It's just whatever date you checked the website; if you check tomorrow, it'll say January 16th

Jan 15, 2019

Yeah, mine says January 15.

Jan 15, 2019

Where does it say that??

Jan 16, 2019

When will we find out if the event is in less than a month? Also my profile still says 88% complete... how do I take it to 100%?

Funniest
Dec 19, 2018

y'all (lol 1 person pls) be sure to holla @ ya boiiiiiiiiii when you find out if ya booty in the eat pile tyvm

Jan 18, 2019

has anyone heard?? taking a long time.

Nov 27, 2018

And it will take even longer. There are other insight programs that are happening in the first week of February that still haven't got back anything yet. Give it like two more weeks and we'll start to hear something about the Undergraduate Camp

Jan 7, 2019

What other programs have you guys applied to? Lol just trying to figure out this whole industry

Jan 7, 2019

My program starts February 6th. There is travel and I'd have to miss exams etc so would need to plan. I can't figure out how they haven't released.

Jan 22, 2019

Has anyone heard back yet for the Women's Undergraduate Program??

Jan 7, 2019

No

Jan 22, 2019

Hi yall, just noticed this today, but was wondering if anyone else had it. On the table under events, I just noticed that there's a column that says "Date Assigned" and the Date Assigned says "Jan 22, 2019", which is today. Was wondering if anyone else has that as well? Or maybe I just noticed it haha

Edit: NVM

Jan 10, 2019

Hey, mine also says that and it also says that I have an event date for the womens undergrade camp but I havent gotten an email. Have you heard anything back?

Jan 16, 2019

I got in to the women's leadership camp!! SO excited and extremely grateful. I hope this will be the beginning of a brighter future for me.

Jan 15, 2019

Congrats!!! Did they email you or did your status on the portal change?

Jan 16, 2019

they emailed me that I was missing something and when I went to my profile I like messed around with it a little then I got a congratulations email... for some reason I can't RSVP tho

Jan 22, 2019

Jan 7, 2019

I also applied for this. Is there a status change or an email

Jan 22, 2019

Jan 7, 2019

I haven't heard back yet. Would I have gotten an email?!?

Nov 28, 2018

Has anyone heard back for the undergraduate camp?

Jan 7, 2019

Which

Jan 9, 2019

There's only one. February 20-22.

Jan 18, 2019

I saw on this feed someone heard back from women undergraduate camp. has anyone else?

Dec 19, 2018

Nope unfortunately.

Jan 23, 2019

got into the women's leadership program in NY!

Jan 7, 2019

How did u hear??

Jan 23, 2019

I got an email yesterday night saying that I was selected to participate in the program

Jan 23, 2019

Also wondering how people are finding their decisions ^

Dec 19, 2018

I'm accepting defeat for the women's program--bummer :/.
It's possibly it could come out in waves but I'm uncertain given it's pretty soon. Best of luck!

Jan 18, 2019

me too. honestly surprising I really thought I'd get it, been checking my email every 2 minutes.

Jan 23, 2019

Did everyone get an email? I still have not heard back.

Jan 15, 2019

It says my event date is Feb 6 but that's the women's event. I applied for the undergraduate camp (Feb 20-22), does it matter what the event date says or do they just list it off in order of which event comes first?

Jan 29, 2019

I am literally having the same issue with you? Did you just fill out the form?

Jan 22, 2019

Did anyone else hear back for the Women's Undergraduate Camp?

Jan 7, 2019

No I never heard back :(

Jan 24, 2019

has anyone that's been invited been contacted about travel arrangements?

Jan 23, 2019

just received this afternoon

Jan 24, 2019

when did you apply?

Jan 24, 2019

Haven't heard anything back. Would they let you know if you weren't selected? Also, anyone here from previous programs?

Jan 25, 2019

Has anyone heard anything about the undergraduate camp?

Jan 25, 2019

Negative

Jan 25, 2019

Did you all get an official email or did you just have a recruiter reach out to you?

Jan 16, 2019

To everyone who's confused - I got into the women's camp and they emailed me after I 100% completed my profile. I logged onto the portal and said that I was selected and needed to RSVP. However, I couldn't RSVP until they emailed me the itinerary. Now that they did, I RSVPed and then they sent me info about travel and lodging.
So I think everyone should get an email by this week.

Jan 23, 2019

How did you bring your profile to 100%? I think i did everything but it is still 94%. Thanks

Jan 25, 2019

Fill out the stuff that isn't required such as preferred name

Jan 16, 2019

I feel you. It took me so long to get my profile to 100% and I didn't know why. literally fill out everything available even if not required even the obscure things that you might not usually like the post below me said preferred name, and whatever else they have (I lowkey forgot) but you get the gist

Jan 28, 2019

Anyone get the selected- Pending Action status update in their portal?

Jan 23, 2019

Did anyone who's going to the women's leadership camp get their hotel confirmation yet? I only received my flight itinerary

Jan 15, 2019

Undergrad Camp acceptances started rolling out

Jan 28, 2019

Yep I just got accepted for the undergrad camp. See you all in NY.

Jan 25, 2019

What does your portal show? On the right column, under "Register for Events" mine just says "2019 exploratory events" and "registered".

Jan 28, 2019

Accepted to the Pride summit!

Jan 28, 2019

Were you sent an email or did it show up on your portal?

Jan 28, 2019

I was sent an email! It also appeared in my portal though.

Jan 25, 2019

Just got accepted to the Undergraduate Camp in Salt Lake City! Is the location based on the location of our university?

Jan 23, 2019

I didn't get into the Women's Camp, but was just accepted into the Undergraduate Camp in NY- hope to see some of you there!

Jan 28, 2019

I just got accepted to the Undergraduate Camp in Dallas! Super Excited.

Jan 28, 2019

Are the decisions rolling, as have you been getting them tonight?

Jan 25, 2019

Decisions are rolling. I only just received my invite.

Jan 28, 2019

I got my email tonight but I did the Hirevue a month ago. I'm not sure whether they are rolling or not.

Jan 28, 2019

Accepted at the Pride Summit NY! Got my decision around 7 pm

Jan 28, 2019

Same - RSPV'd yes to invite but haven't received any info on flights/hotels yet? Also when you filled out the RSVP questionnaire did it ask about the Pride summit or a different exploratory program? Mine had "women's Undergrad Camp" at the top... was that a glitch?

Jan 28, 2019

I haven't RSVP yet, I will do it tomorrow because I need to talk to one of my professor's first but I will let you know!

Jan 28, 2019

They usually send out the travel stuff out about a week-2 at most-before the event. I did BAML's Elevate Diversity program last year and I assume GS's program's logistics are the more or less the same.

Jan 29, 2019

I got accepted to the Undergrad Summer Camp and my form has the same glitch... Did you just end up filling out the form or are you just waiting for them to fix it?

Jan 29, 2019

I got accepted to the Undergraduate Camp at Salt Lake City, UT, however, the headline of my RSVP form says "Are you able to attend Women's Leadership Camp for the full duration from February 6th - 8th..." Is anyone experiencing the same error?

Jan 29, 2019

I got into the Pride Submit and had the same problem! I sent an email asking what I should do. Haven't got a reply yet.

Jan 28, 2019

hm

Jan 29, 2019

The same thing happened to me! It asked me details about the Women's Camp (I registered for that too) which is weird because i thought I already answered those questions before. Not sure if it was an error so I answered and submitted them anyway

Jan 28, 2019

Yeah I just submitted the form anyway and sent an e-mail. Looks like it was a glitch then. If anyone gets a response let us know

Jan 22, 2019

I got accepted into the Undergraduate Camp in NYC last night (after not getting an offer for the Women's Camp). So excited!!

Jan 15, 2019

Dang, haven't received an email. Congrats to y'all. Hope I'm still not out.

Jan 7, 2019

Yeah same LOL really hope we get in

Jan 29, 2019

I really hope we're just not gonna be left on read like that lol

Jan 29, 2019

Is there a difference between getting into the Pride Summit vs the Undergraduate camp? I applied to both and got the UGC for Salt Lake City, which I am very grateful for, but am wondering the nuances between the programs?

Jan 7, 2019

Literally they are all the same...

Jan 28, 2019

Yeah pretty sure all the programs are exactly the same in quality/selectivity. Different backgrounds/identities is mostly for inclusivity. That's why you apply for every program you qualify for and they then place you, i.e someone can qualify for both pride and women camp etc. It's basically like applying to one big pool. There might be a speech or two that say something like "hey, we're doing our best to make our work environment a space where everyone feels welcome" but other than that, I think it'll be exactly the same.

@WallGuru I didn't do any networking/get referrals (I don't know any bankers lol) but maybe some did. I don't think they are done with sending invites so don't lose hope yet!

Jan 7, 2019

I guess just have a quick question for people who made into the program. Did you guys network with bankers and they referred you or GS is doing a blind search???

Jan 25, 2019

I'll be honest and say that I didn't network with a soul at GS before receiving my invite to attend.

Jan 29, 2019

Nope, I didn't know anyone at Goldman, although there are some alumni from my Uni who are working there rn. Never talked to them before, but not sure if that helped my app or anything.

Jan 30, 2019

yeah same, pretty sure school name didn't really matter as much (thank god lol)

Jan 7, 2019

@WesternFront @misspat Hahahaha this is actually very interesting to real. Shout out to the "not a soul" part. My college has some high-up alums but the greater Uni has a ton of graduates work on Wall Street. But so far haven't spotted a lot of GS bankers comparing to BAML probably because GS is relatively small. Good work everybody

Jan 30, 2019

Do you guys happen to know the approximate acceptance rate? Got into the Pride Summit! We should start a groupme.

Jan 24, 2019

when were you accepted?

Jan 28, 2019

I'd join a Pride Summit groupme!

Jan 28, 2019

Also down to join a groupme - send the link when you can

Jan 28, 2019

Assuming 3,000+ applicants and maybe 300 acceptances so roughly 10 %? I'm just guessing here.

Jan 22, 2019

Do you get to interview for junior summer (2020) if you get in to these programs?

Jan 30, 2019

Are they still sending out acceptance emails because I haven't received one but I havent gotten a rejection email either

Jan 7, 2019

Yeah very curious about that. Does that mean we got rejected???
Plus how many people are in each groupme just curious?

Jan 22, 2019

Welp, just got the rejection email

Jan 23, 2019

Jan 30, 2019

do you happen to know which hotel GS provides?

Jan 16, 2019

Technically we're not allowed to post about the conference or the firm online so shhhh

Jan 24, 2019

Rejected. Congrats to those who got in, seriously take advantage of the opportunity..

Jan 7, 2019

Rejected too. PPL who got in or didn't get in are all amazing. Thanks thread~

PS: I'm based in new york, sounds like ppl are traveling a lot from outside of the city. Any folks in nyc got in???

Feb 1, 2019

PM me for Undergraduate Camp GroupME

Feb 5, 2019

can you PM me? I can't send one to you

Jan 28, 2019

For those who attended the women's program, I'm curious about what we should expect for the undergraduate camp and pride summit. Also, did GS say what their early action recruiting timeline would be this year?

Jan 28, 2019

Out of curiosity, did anyone here apply to Nomura's exploratory program?

Nov 27, 2018

Yep. Got rejected from Nomura but just got into Evercore's insight program

Jan 22, 2019

Does anyone know if we get to interview for 2020 at the undergraduate camp?

Feb 13, 2019

Bump

Pages