I searched through the forum and could not find much structured info about treasury. So wish to compile scattered info about treasury. Anything from what is treasury? entry barriers, how to be a treasurer, salaries, best organizations to work with, exit options, relevant certifications / courses and so on, Challenges as a treasurer ..
My two cents from what I know,
Basics: Treasury / corporate Treasury is a dept of bank or any company which does some/ all of following functions (list varies from company to company)
- Cash Management
- Working Capital Management
- Raising finances, investing funds in multiple currencies and in multiple financial instruments
- Risk Management
- Relationship management with bankers and other investors
- One time investments (projects), M&A
- As a treasurer work with CFO for capital structurer / strategy
IMO the hierarchy goes like this:
Treasury Analyst/ sr Treasury Analyst/ Assist to Treasurer (don t know exact role name) Treasurer
Pvt consultancy,sr positions in corporate banking, M&A specialist, anything related to risk mgmt, I guess PE and VC should also work.
I know all this is very basic stuff, but I request all the srs to contribute further also add related forum.