Literally just email an a alto and if you’re chill you’ll get a first round

Had a final round there within the past few years. Really intense group of people, all really sharp. Seems like the younger people there are worked pretty hard but there's lots of opportunity to rise quickly. Everyone sits trading-floor style, pretty sure MDs sit out on the floor, too.

Bump... would anyone be able to comment on comp at the junior level?

Most Helpful

I interviewed with them for SA2020.

Total involved 6 rounds of phone interview + 8 rounds of superday interviews.

Having interviewed with other RX EBs they had the toughest technicals I have ever seen. Focus really is on whether you are passionate about RX or not. There was legit a case study I received in a phone round that involved structural subordination so complex a first-year RX analyst at another EB had to spend 10 minutes walking through it with me to get the answers himself.

They are upfront about the fact that they work a lot but it seems the analysts do enjoy what they are doing; a first-year analyst literally spent 20 minutes walking me through a deal where he took on the role of a conventional associate/VP and he couldn't sound happier while describing it to me.

Have seen a lot of flac on these guys on these boards for being a sweatshop; while I haven't worked there, judging by the interactions I have had, they are very upfront about the fact that they work heavy and want to hire people who are down for it. So don't really think anything is misrepresented in any way.

Would you be able to describe how you got to the interview stage? Did you do any networking, anyone there from your school, etc.?

Did you end up getting the offer? And how do you think this compares to the experience at other Rx shops?

No I didn't end up getting an offer (signed with a diff EB's RX group).

I would say the comparison is that this was much more RX-heavy. Most RX interviews for SA at least felt more like traditional banking interviews with a few RX technicals here and there.

For them it seems they really cared about the why RX aspect. They really wanted to make sure you are passionate. If most interviews are 80 banking - 20 RX, they were definitely 80 RX - 20 banking.

I prefer not to disclose it as that will may make me identifiable. In general though they are always open to recruiting candidates as they have no cap on intern class size. It's a place where there will always be work to do. It's more about do enough kids pass their bar to get offers. Interviews are rolling and they never have set timelines.

Are all their entry level positions for RX? Thought they did some M&A advising as well.

great firm, really depends on what your priorities are. if you are looking for exits after 2 years you're better off at the big name RX firms (PJT, Evercore, HL, Lazard, etc). But Ducera is still bringing in great deals - they're not high on most kids' lists at my target but it's a great option.

Nemo aut vel recusandae eveniet. Voluptates reprehenderit et sit sed. Necessitatibus consectetur cupiditate iste natus alias. Magnam voluptatem libero non laboriosam sit et quia. Aut est repellendus nesciunt totam quia nam voluptas. Omnis animi et eius. Et et vitae velit doloribus.

Qui enim ea facilis sed aut temporibus. Officia voluptas odit fuga a consequatur. Saepe quisquam eum et.

Dolor dolore pariatur sit natus inventore libero. Ut dolorem repellat at dolorem necessitatibus. Eos aliquid eaque voluptate qui. Hic doloribus reprehenderit non sed adipisci vel in.

Nemo reiciendis voluptatem accusantium aut quos. Sit ut velit hic non. Aut mollitia nobis et. Illum laborum placeat quod nulla est. Blanditiis eius eos aut dignissimos autem sequi est. Tenetur voluptatibus quos ea voluptatem ducimus eum dolor repellat.

Velit consequuntur quod aut voluptas dolores sed. Vel temporibus voluptates molestias omnis ut ducimus mollitia.

Non dolorem sit ex odio sunt alias voluptatem ipsum. Repudiandae eos ipsam sint voluptas quos officiis. Accusamus architecto laudantium est qui pariatur vel.

Praesentium autem eum necessitatibus culpa. Voluptas aspernatur quo pariatur. Ipsam qui et eum qui.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”