I'm posting this here to get some take on this full-time position with E&Y. I'm very interested in investment banking at some time in my career and I have an interview for this position. Here are two questions I have regarding it:
- Would investment bankers see this as valuable experience?
- Anyone how has experience interviewing with E&Y or a position similar to this, do you have any suggestions for the interview? What should I expect?
Ernst & Young Interview Process
Ernst & Young have a multi-phase hiring process like many other major finaincial firms. You will need to submit an online application and aptitude test, go through your first and second round interviews, and a day at their Assessment Centre.
According to WikiJobs, the Assessment Centre day will include the following. For more details on this stage, visit the WikiJob page.
You want to arrive to your interviews prepared to answer both general and technical questions. It's also a good idea to prepare a few questions of your own.
I have some friends in the EY VS group.
Questions will include:
- Where does value come from in an LBO?
- A company experiences an increase in Beta, ceteris paribus, what happens to the WACC?
- A question asking about getting to EBITDA
- You have Company X. Name three different ways to value it.
- How do you build WACC?
- What is a DCF?
As with most interviews you can also expect some standard HR questions:
- Tell us about a time that you took command of a group.
- Tell us about a time that you instituted change.
- Describe a time that you were able to sway the group to adopt an unpopular position.
Importantly, make sure that you have good questions to ask them about transactions, fair market value, and business in general. It's fine to ask similar questions to everyone you meet with, but be sure to have 5-10 minutes worth or good questions.
Is TAS Good Experience For Investment Banking?
While working in transaction advisory services, specifically in a valuation group you gain deal and valuation exposure that could be leverageable into an investment banking interview. However, this is in no way guaranteed.
Read More About TAS on WSO
- Please Help! EY TAS Interview
- EY TAS (OTS) To Parthenon-EY
- Ernst & Young Transaction Advisory Services - Valuation
Preparing for Investment Banking Interviews?
The WSO investment banking interview course is designed by countless professionals with real world experience, tailored to people aspiring to break into the industry. This guide will help you learn how to answer these questions and many, many more.