I have an upcoming interview with Goldman IMD. Is this mostly fit or will there be technical questions too? How in depth do I need to know the market atmosphere?
Goldman Sachs Investment Management Interview
Goldman Sachs Investment Management is an Asset Management internship. The interview are not extremely technical. The focus is more on fit. Staying up to date on financial news will also help you during interviews.
Questions for the first round interviews include:
- What was your favorite course so far?
- Tell me about your last internship?
- Greatest strength/ Greatest weakness
- Why Investment Management?
- Questions related to past work experience (if applicable)
The process includes
- HireVue (all behavioral)
- A phone interview
- A one on one interview
The Superday which consists of two thirty minute interviews in first half of the day and then more for those who move forward.
goldman sachs investment management interview questions
Here are some difficult or unexpected questions that have been asked during interviews. These were submitted by interviewees to the company database.
- If you had $10 million to invest, how would you do it?
- Do you think of your skill set as more qualitative or quantitative in nature?
- Why are you interested in working at Goldman Sachs?
- Why are you interested in working in investment management?
- What is the measurement in degrees of the angle between the minute and hour hands of a clock at 3:45?
- Describe a time when you had a difficult time working with others on a group project.
Want more company specific data?
Access the Wall Street Oasis Company Database for more interview questions. Additionally, the database contains salaries and company reviews. Visit the database here.